When setting up my automation workflows, is it possible to adjust which values show up in conditiona

Jason Buzzeo
Jason Buzzeo Posts: 1

When I set up my automation workflow, only certain properties of my deal/org/people are available in the conditional dropdown menus. Is there any way to make it so that other properties show up? For instance, I see the deal org name and number of people as options, but not the deal org's industry.

The only way I've been able to get new values to show up is by creating a custom field on the deal and placing the value there. In my case above, I would duplicate the org's industry into a new custom deal field called "org industry" and then it would show up in the conditional list -- presumably because it is a custom field on the deal and I'm guessing that qualifies it for inclusion. But this creates duplication in my data and I'd rather just point to the original org's industry value if possible. 

5ecd5745ea503c600a50fb14_93174.png
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Emilia Kronschnabel
    edited February 24 #2

Yes yes yes to this!!! I've been wanting custom field automations since they started automations. Also timing based automations! If  ______has not responded in ____ amount of time send this e-mail. Or if deal rots, send this e-mail. Or if deal rots, send this e-mail and move to this stage. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #3

Hi @Jason Buzzeo !

I did some testing on my end and I'm assuming the type of trigger to the automation you showed is Deal, correct? That's the reason why it will only let you choose deal-related conditions and not an Organization custom field, for example. The workaround you created is a good one but I understand how it's cumbersome and I've forwarded your feedback internally to our team.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited May 2020 #4

Yes yes yes to this!!! I've been wanting custom field automations since they started automations. Also timing based automations! If  ______has not responded in ____ amount of time send this e-mail. Or if deal rots, send this e-mail. Or if deal rots, send this e-mail and move to this stage. 

Hi @Emilia Kronschnabel !

It's possible to use custom fields as conditions in automations (they can even be included to match pre-existing filters from the list view, using the condition "Filter > Matches/Does Not Match > Rotten Deals". Unfortunately, at the current time you can only select custom fields directly related to the type of trigger you chose, and I've made sure to relay that suggestion internally for consideration.

I can also tell you that there might be good news coming about time-delay actions in the future, but if you're looking for these specifically in an email marketing context, then I suggest you check out our newest addition to the Pipedrive family: Mailigen. We're currently working on making them work as a single tool, and in the meantime you can try it out for free and see what you think. 🚀