Automation error "Evaluation expired"

Options
RafaelSantos
RafaelSantos Member Posts: 10
5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

I'm creating an automation for sending subsequent emails to unresponsive leads, triggered initially by a change in deal status and using the "wait for condition" module to send in total 3 emails. In practice, the time between each email will be several weeks but for testing I'm using 2 minutes.

Automation: 1 Trigger: Deal updated --> 2 Instant condition: (1) Deal stage has changed to Qualified --> 3 Action: Send email using template --> 4 Wait for condition: First time (3) Email updated: Email has been replied to is False, Maximum 2 minutes --> 5 Action: Send email using template --> 6 Wait for condition: First time (5) Email updated: Email has been replied to is False, Maximum 2 minutes --> 7 Action: Send email using template --> 8 Wait for condition: First time (7) Email updated: Email has been replied to is False, Maximum 2 minutes --> 9 Action: Update deal fields: Deal, Status: Lost --> 10 Update deal fields: Deal, Lost reason: Unresponsive.

The first email is automatically sent, the second email is also sent at the right time but nothing else happens. Checking the history, the error "The execution of this automation has expired" appears on the top. All actions/conditions successful/passed until evaluation of 4, where it shows "Evaluation expired".

Can anyone review this automation and correct it? I couldn't find any mentions here of "Evaluation expired".

Thank you.

Answers

• RafaelSantos
    Options

Jake Kushner answered in a different post (https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/comment/36344#Comment_36344) about this: "That condition can be used with some other trigger to say, if "X" trigger happens, AND the email hasn't been replied to, do "Y" action. However, the email has been replied itself can't trigger an automation. This is a limitation within pipedrive; emails being sent or received can't ever cause an automation to start unless you use the campaigns add-on for sending bulk newsletters etc."

• RafaelSantos
    Options

Update:

Following Jake Kushner's reply, I've substituted every "Wait for condition" module with two others: Delay + Instant condition (Email has been replied to is False) and the automation works.