Webhook triggering in a loop

Options

I am setting up a scenario in Make.com where in Pipedrive when a deal is updated a webhook is triggered. The scenario works fine when I test it and click run but when I turn it on it triggers in a loop every few seconds.

Why is this? Is there a bug or do I need to modify a setting?

Tagged:

Answers

  • David Gurr (Make.com)
    Options

    Hey Shawn.

    Can you share details of the scenario? If your Make scenario is triggered on Deal updates and is updating a Deal, then that might be re-triggering the webhook.

    There are some alternative strategies - but I'd need to know more about the scenario and your goals to be able to comment.

  • Shawn-vb
    Shawn-vb Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

    Hey Dave,

    The webhook is triggered, then it pulls up a Person with the ID in the webhook, then it creates an activity which is a task linked to the person. Would creating a task for a person related to the Deal be considered an update to the deal? If so, that's my loop. And if so, how can I prevent this?

  • David Gurr (Make.com)
    Options

    Just looking at Pipedrive's Guide for Webhooks - "Retry Logic" says that if there's no response code received within 10 seconds it will retry 3 more times.

    Could that be what's happening?

    If you don't have a Make Webhook Response module returning a 2xx response code, that could trigger this behavior.

  • Shawn-vb
    Shawn-vb Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

    I don't think so as there should be a standard 200 response baked in.

    Also, it retries until i shut it down. It ran through 40 times before i shut it down the first time

  • David Gurr (Make.com)
    Options

    In which case I'm afraid you'll need someone with Pipedrive experience to chip in on whether creating a Task that's related to a Deal will trigger the Update webhook on a Deal.

    I can advise on the Make side - but I don't have the detailed knowledge of Pipedrive to be able to answer that question.

  • Shawn-vb
    Shawn-vb Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

    Found the issue: I had a module adding an activity and in the deal there is a field called "undone_activities_count" which changed after an activity was created. I added a filter and it's all good. Thank you.