Switching out 'DASHBOARD' with INSIGHTS... when insights does NOT cover the same features - insights

Options
Eden Brownlee
Eden Brownlee Member Posts: 17
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

So, I've seen today that our beloved reporting dashboard is being replaced with insights.

Unfortunately, these are NOT offering the same features, and we are now going to be losing one of the most important tools that is one of the core reasons we chose pipe drive in the first place.

Let me explain:

In reporting for ANY business, the most important thing we need is to be able to quickly track periods of time (and compare them if possible). The current dashboard while basic, does this some what well, while I cannot compare side by side, it is more than suitable for the job. (our team loves it)

I can simply show this month, last month or select any date range at the top, and easily see what I need across ALL the items in the dashboard.

This leads me to insights...

In insights, you cant do this... what you can do is individually select each single report/chart/data item and select a date range, meaning, for me to visualise my data how i need,  i would have to edit dozens of reporting items... or.... i would have to create dozens of dashboards... one for each date range (quarterly, monthly, yearly, financial year, each individual month on a rolling basis) both a totally absurd proposition, and simply not feasible in any way, especially considering i would also need to update every report individually if i wanted to make a changes. (it is also important to note that multiple dashboards also cost me money in that to create multiple dashboards i have to upgrade to a pro licence which we have no desire to do.)

All I want to do, is see my stats, and easily be able to choose a date range those stats are relevant to.

eg; I might want to see this quarter, or this month, or last month, or day or year or any easily select date range in my dashboard.

As insights cannot do this... then i would request that you please do NOT remove dashboards until this feature is added... while insights and customised dashboards COULD offer a nice update,  until you fix this major oversight insights is completely impractical, and we do not wish to lose this very important functionality we have and use all the time.

Thanks guys :) TO end on a positive note, I do LIKE the idea of insights, i see what you are trying to achieve and i think its a great idea.

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Eden - You make very valid points.

This is the reason why I do not use the reporting/dashboards/insights features in Pipedrive, at all.

What I do instead is export the data from Pipedrive periodically, and write it to a Google Drive folder.

Using this data, I have set up dashboards in Tableau where I can pretty much combine any data point (dimensions, metrics), visualize them together on a dashboard, have global filters that apply to all charts in the dashboard, and make the dashboards extremely interactive.

The only limitation with this is that I have to manually export Deals and Activities every time I want to dig insights based on the latest data. It is manual, but it takes me 2 minutes to update the data. I wish there was an app to download the data automatically, that mimics downloading data manually.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Eden Brownlee !

Thank you for detailing your workflow so clearly and illustrating your points. We're sorry to hear the changes we've made so far are causing you some difficulties, but we want to assure you that the "old" reports and dashboards will not be removed before they've been replicated in the new Insights section. They will continue to live side by side for a while.

As you can see from the "Beta" tag, Insights is still under development exactly because we are aware of how complex the migration from one system to the other is, and we're working hard to make Insights as easy to use as possible, while also giving users the possibility to create long-awaited customized reports using variables chosen by themselves (like custom fields, for example).

I've forwarded your feedback internally to our team, so they can take it into consideration.

You seem to be quite an involved user, so if you'd like to be the first to know what we're working on and even test our early versions of new or improved features, consider joining the Research and Beta Testing channel here in the Community.

• Seda
    Seda Posts: 85 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #4
    Options

Hi @Eden Brownlee ! Thanks a lot for your feedback! I am a Product Manager of Insights and I'd really like to have a call with you to discuss more closely your reporting needs. Would you be up for a 30-min call?

• Eden Brownlee
    edited June 2020 #5
    Options
    Seda said:

Hi @Eden Brownlee ! Thanks a lot for your feedback! I am a Product Manager of Insights and I'd really like to have a call with you to discuss more closely your reporting needs. Would you be up for a 30-min call?

Im not really sure what else you need to know, current dashboard works good, make it like that but with customisable bits.

Unfortunately, Im very busy right now and don't really have time for free consulting. I usually get paid for this kind of feedback/testing/debugging and consulting work.

• Seda
    edited June 2020 #6
    Options
    Seda said:

Okay, I see. Thanks for the feedback.

• Chris Mebs
    Chris Mebs Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

I'm with @Eden Brownlee on this. Not being able to apply a date range to an entire dashboard limits the ability to use it effectively. Setting a date range on individual widgets is time consuming and inefficient. I can see it both ways... sometimes you want a dashboard to just sit on a screen and show metrics as time passes, and some metrics need different ranges on the same screen. 

If you had the ability to have a date picker and "apply to all" widgets or something like that... perhaps it would satisfy the need for those of us that use it to generate reports in this manner.

If a date range were able to be applied to the whole thing, the new Insights would replace Dashboard and be a step up.

• Seda
    edited June 2020 #8
    Options

I'm with @Eden Brownlee on this. Not being able to apply a date range to an entire dashboard limits the ability to use it effectively. Setting a date range on individual widgets is time consuming and inefficient. I can see it both ways... sometimes you want a dashboard to just sit on a screen and show metrics as time passes, and some metrics need different ranges on the same screen. 

If you had the ability to have a date picker and "apply to all" widgets or something like that... perhaps it would satisfy the need for those of us that use it to generate reports in this manner.

If a date range were able to be applied to the whole thing, the new Insights would replace Dashboard and be a step up.

Thank you @Chris Mebs ! We are on it and will try to find the best solution for this.

• Seda
    edited June 2020 #9
    Options

@Chris Mebs would you be interested to test the prototype regarding this problem in a short 15-minute call with me?

• Seda
    edited June 2020 #10
    Options

This is the reason why I do not use the reporting/dashboards/insights features in Pipedrive, at all.

What I do instead is export the data from Pipedrive periodically, and write it to a Google Drive folder.

Using this data, I have set up dashboards in Tableau where I can pretty much combine any data point (dimensions, metrics), visualize them together on a dashboard, have global filters that apply to all charts in the dashboard, and make the dashboards extremely interactive.

The only limitation with this is that I have to manually export Deals and Activities every time I want to dig insights based on the latest data. It is manual, but it takes me 2 minutes to update the data. I wish there was an app to download the data automatically, that mimics downloading data manually.

@Amit Sarda would you be interested to test the prototype regarding this problem in a short 15-minute call with me? We're willing to make Insights more useful for our users :)

• Chris Mebs
    Chris Mebs Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2020 #11
    Options

Sure thing @Seda . Email me directly and we can arrange a time. Thanks!

• Jay Wealcatch
    Jay Wealcatch Member Posts: 55
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #12
    Options

Just adding my +1.

Also, I don't know how technically difficult it is to keep maintaining it but what is the rush to kill the current dashboard?

Keep it for (at least) another year and wait and see. You can rename it "simple dashboard" or "classic dashboard" or whatever and leave it there. 

If you really insist you can even remove it from the menus and just have it work through a hidden url.... but PLEASE don't kill it.

• Travis Gepson
    Travis Gepson Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020 #13
    Options

I was shocked and frustrated to see that the reports are going away.  We use PipeDrive for our Biz Dev team.  Because we are in a role of generating referrals, we do not track deals.  We track activities (meetings, phone calls, emails, lunch, etc.).  We want to see how active each Rep is day-to-day, week-to-week, and month-to-month.  We use the report feature to fuel competition.  The data is there, I don't understand the need to shut down this feature.  If I don't have the activity reporting feature like I do know, I will need to explore other options.

• Jorge Martínez Marbán
    Jorge Martínez Marbán Member Posts: 38
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited July 2020 #14
    Options

I do... Seda I would love to have this call with you. My email is jmmarban@arancione.com.mx

• Jorge Martínez Marbán
    edited August 2020 #15
    Options
    Seda said:

Well , To be honest once I have been using the new layout I like it better that the old ones. Although it may have a learning curve at the begininig I think it can display more information than the old ones. However there are some reports that in my opinion are misssing, for example deals age?

As a manager or a sales rep, there are times in which you need to kill deals. 

For example I would love to see to how long deals has been open. 

• Jorge Martínez Marbán
    edited July 2020 #16
    Options

Just adding my +1.

Also, I don't know how technically difficult it is to keep maintaining it but what is the rush to kill the current dashboard?

Keep it for (at least) another year and wait and see. You can rename it "simple dashboard" or "classic dashboard" or whatever and leave it there. 

If you really insist you can even remove it from the menus and just have it work through a hidden url.... but PLEASE don't kill it.

@Seda I have to be really honest I don't like old reports. Once you start using the newones it can display a lot more information. Perhaps it would be great if pipedrive create tutorials on how to use them. 

I have "learned" the hard way, experimenting. I could not find any videos or walkthrough to use the reporting tool. 

• Seda
    edited December 2020 #17
    Options

Hi Everyone and thank you for expressing your concerns!

Old dashboard/reports will be removed only once we have all same reporting types available in Insights (most of them already are).

@Travis Gepson Activities and Emails are already available in Insights. You can also now track activities by the due date and what emails were open from the ones that were sent. See more here.

Having global filters for the dashboard (period and user) is in progress. 

@Jorge Martínez Marbán thank you for your feedback! Here you can find a lot of materials on how to use Insights. We are also planning to release a video tutorial. 

• Eden Brownlee
    edited February 2022 #18
    Options

Hi Pipedrive team.

This is getting a bit beyond a joke now, you are now rolling out your new "MENU"... which i actually see serves no useful puirpose at all except a visual change offering a menu that is less clear than before as to find what you want...

Anyways, i digress, the issue here is that this new menu (which is supposedly rolling out for everyone mandatory in a few months now), removes any link access to the existing reporting dashboard.

Also @Seda  this has nothing to do with reporting types, i think you ahve missed entirely the whole point of this post and not understood its scope at all... very disspointing.

However, per my conccerns, and over a DOZEN others have chimed in here agreeing on various levels,  insights has NOT been upgraded to support existing functionality as promised... and does not support easily how your users ARE ACTUALLY NEEDING TO USE IT, and what any business owner who needs to get the most basic information about his business actually needs to do.

Guys, this is just NOT GOOD ENOUGH. If we lose access to this feature you are literally forcing my hand to leave the platform and find something else which is a huge amount of work + migration cost for any small business. We CANNOT run our business on this new 'insights' dashboard, any business owner who is tracking their results will need the aiblity to EASILY switch the data using some kind of date selector for the ENTIRE DASHBOARD (not creating new dashboards for every sinlge possible period of data (ridiculous to even think of doing, what if i want to see this week, last month, a specific 3 month period?? i have to create an entire dashboard each time? just totally absurd) this takes ages, and forces you to pay for an upgrade you simply dont need as so you have access to all these useless dashboards, and now need to create dashboards for every possible concievable date period (again, totally ridiculous), per my original post.

We are a web and marketing consultng firm of 12+ years, and im at a loss as to why this was not fixed first priority, given its the single most useful part of the dashboard in and of itself. That is, the ability to switch easily between date periods to check/compare data results... eg: the single most important purpose of a reporting dashboard in the first place.

If this isnt fixed by time this new menu goes live, we will regrettably have to leave the pipedrive platform, which for us is a HUGE embarrasement for us, given we must have around 1-2 dozen of our consulting clients on here with paid accounts (whom we will also need to recommend leaving as to support them fully), the fact is, pipedrive will no longer be able to serve ours or our clients needs...  without overly convoluted methods of displaying data, while forcing us to pay for an upgrade because you have taken features away from us.

Really not happy here. Perhaps its time for someone to get in touch with me about this and what is actually happening regarding your development timeline on this, and if htis is ever going to be fixed, because if not, i would rather plan to leave now so i have time to make arragements and inform our client base.

• Eden Brownlee
    edited August 2020 #19
    Options

Hi Pipedrive team.

This is getting a bit beyond a joke now, you are now rolling out your new "MENU"... which i actually see serves no useful puirpose at all except a visual change offering a menu that is less clear than before as to find what you want...

Anyways, i digress, the issue here is that this new menu (which is supposedly rolling out for everyone mandatory in a few months now), removes any link access to the existing reporting dashboard.

Also @Seda  this has nothing to do with reporting types, i think you ahve missed entirely the whole point of this post and not understood its scope at all... very disspointing.

However, per my conccerns, and over a DOZEN others have chimed in here agreeing on various levels,  insights has NOT been upgraded to support existing functionality as promised... and does not support easily how your users ARE ACTUALLY NEEDING TO USE IT, and what any business owner who needs to get the most basic information about his business actually needs to do.

Guys, this is just NOT GOOD ENOUGH. If we lose access to this feature you are literally forcing my hand to leave the platform and find something else which is a huge amount of work + migration cost for any small business. We CANNOT run our business on this new 'insights' dashboard, any business owner who is tracking their results will need the aiblity to EASILY switch the data using some kind of date selector for the ENTIRE DASHBOARD (not creating new dashboards for every sinlge possible period of data (ridiculous to even think of doing, what if i want to see this week, last month, a specific 3 month period?? i have to create an entire dashboard each time? just totally absurd) this takes ages, and forces you to pay for an upgrade you simply dont need as so you have access to all these useless dashboards, and now need to create dashboards for every possible concievable date period (again, totally ridiculous), per my original post.

We are a web and marketing consultng firm of 12+ years, and im at a loss as to why this was not fixed first priority, given its the single most useful part of the dashboard in and of itself. That is, the ability to switch easily between date periods to check/compare data results... eg: the single most important purpose of a reporting dashboard in the first place.

If this isnt fixed by time this new menu goes live, we will regrettably have to leave the pipedrive platform, which for us is a HUGE embarrasement for us, given we must have around 1-2 dozen of our consulting clients on here with paid accounts (whom we will also need to recommend leaving as to support them fully), the fact is, pipedrive will no longer be able to serve ours or our clients needs...  without overly convoluted methods of displaying data, while forcing us to pay for an upgrade because you have taken features away from us.

Really not happy here. Perhaps its time for someone to get in touch with me about this and what is actually happening regarding your development timeline on this, and if htis is ever going to be fixed, because if not, i would rather plan to leave now so i have time to make arragements and inform our client base.

I do hope someone can chime in here and tell me im wrong and this has been fixed, but i see nothing or no obivious fix to this so far, and as far as i can tell, its not being worked on.

• Almonzer Eskandar
    Almonzer Eskandar Pipedrive Team Posts: 100 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited August 2020 #20
    Options

Hi Pipedrive team.

Hi @Eden Brownlee , thanks for being vocal about your issues. 

Similar to what my colleague said above, the new navigation will stay optional until we have the new Insights fully ready and having all that was there in the old reports. 

• Jay Wealcatch
    Jay Wealcatch Member Posts: 55
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited August 2020 #21
    Options

Lost the patience to fully follow this topic but just took a skim at some comments and I am glad the feedback seems to be strong about how we aren't happy to see dashboards go and about how the process for how these changes are made aren't working for us.

• Seda
    edited February 2022 #22
    Options

There will be no need to create separate dashboards for different time intervals/users. We fully understand that users need to track metrics for different time periods and adjusting each report for different time intervals will be a massive work and simply would not scale. That's why, as I mentioned, quick filters for Dashboard are in progress right now and we will be rolling out those very soon. Please see a brief screen capture  of upcoming change below:

@Eden Brownlee I have proposed to make a call so we can discuss your concerns and I can share upcoming changes with you.

• Eden Brownlee
    edited August 2020 #23
    Options
    Seda said:

There will be no need to create separate dashboards for different time intervals/users. We fully understand that users need to track metrics for different time periods and adjusting each report for different time intervals will be a massive work and simply would not scale. That's why, as I mentioned, quick filters for Dashboard are in progress right now and we will be rolling out those very soon. Please see a brief screen capture  of upcoming change below:

@Eden Brownlee I have proposed to make a call so we can discuss your concerns and I can share upcoming changes with you.

Thank you for thus response and addressing this concern. I will be looking forward to this release if you can please post in this thread once it has been rolled out that will help notify myself and the rest of the concerned parties.

I appreciate your time and attention in this matter as you can tell it has been a serious concern for myself and many others.

• Seda
    edited August 2020 #24
    Options
    Seda said:

Of course, will post here once quick filters are released. It will happen already in August.

• Marketing_10528
    Marketing_10528 Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2022 #25
    Options

Hi there, 

Same issue here... 

I am very dissatisfied with the new insights feature. Indeed, to have access to the analysis of our custom fields, I now have to pay, not for the advanced plan but for the professional one, which is two plans above mine!

This inconsistency must be corrected, indeed, the creation of custom fields are included in the "essential" plan. So why do I have to pay more to analyze them?

Why no longer have the possibility to export our data as excel to be able to make our own insights? I used to be able to do my pivot tables, because of this change, my statistics will become less consistent because I can no longer measure the same indicators.

Moreover, it's impossible to get answers from the support, I'm told that the information has been sent to the product manager but since the beginning of August no solution has been found to my problem. As a result, I'm stuck on my KPIs, impossible to find the same data.

You should give us back the quality of the dashboard, rather than deleting a feature without even having reached the same level of quality.

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    edited August 2020 #26
    Options
    Marketing said:

Hi there, 

Same issue here... 

I am very dissatisfied with the new insights feature. Indeed, to have access to the analysis of our custom fields, I now have to pay, not for the advanced plan but for the professional one, which is two plans above mine!

This inconsistency must be corrected, indeed, the creation of custom fields are included in the "essential" plan. So why do I have to pay more to analyze them?

Why no longer have the possibility to export our data as excel to be able to make our own insights? I used to be able to do my pivot tables, because of this change, my statistics will become less consistent because I can no longer measure the same indicators.

Moreover, it's impossible to get answers from the support, I'm told that the information has been sent to the product manager but since the beginning of August no solution has been found to my problem. As a result, I'm stuck on my KPIs, impossible to find the same data.

You should give us back the quality of the dashboard, rather than deleting a feature without even having reached the same level of quality.

Hey! 

Vladimir from Pipedrive management team is here!

First os all - let me apologise for the inconvenience that you experienced with Insights!

The feedback has indeed, been sent to the product manager and Insights are being developed further as we speak. Unfortunately the plans that we had were partially affected by Covid-19 outbreak (it slowed down some of the missions considerably). 

1. Custom fields are used in a variety of ways - f.e. to parse/fill in the fields with information that cannot be added into standard fields and is essential for any plan indeed, however, advanced statistics analysis is not an essential feature that all the companies use and was included into higher tier. 

In regards to inability to export the information - there was no limitation imposed on data import, and, you still have the possibility of accessing List view, adding all the needed columns to the view and exporting them.

Like this: https://sharing.pipedrive.com/IZMqlB

Concerning Quality - can you please what exactly you mean? Old reports had only certain set reports that did not include custom field analysis. Is there any specific feature that you are missing now?

I hope we can restore the faith in support@pipedrive.com if you reach out there!!

And thank you again for the feedback.

Kind regards.

Vladimir

• Marketing_10528
    Marketing_10528 Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2020 #27
    Options
    Marketing said:

Hi there, 

Same issue here... 

Thank you for your response.

I still profoundly disagree with you.

You provide  customizable fields in the essential plan you must provide the possibility of analysis. Especially since this analysis feature was largely possible with the dashboard.

It is as if I give you the possibility to make food but not to eat it. No sense, right?

Also, the solution you're proposing is not a solution. I can't choose a custom time frame. The filter is too restrictive. The real solution would be to find all the features of the dashboard in the Insight feature or to let the dashboard exist until Insight is properly developed.

The old reports then made it possible to make pivot tables on excel. Or the possibility to confront our data. When I talk about quality, I mean the freedom to take selected raw data and work on it easily. This is not possible with the insight functionality.  

My faith will not be restored as long as new pipedrive features will affect my business. When I use a product, I look for reliability, which obviously is not the case with pipedrive at the moment.

• Seda
    edited September 2020 #28
    Options
    Marketing said:

Hi there, 

Same issue here... 

Custom fields will be soon accessible for Insights table and export to CSV is already in progress and will be available for all plans :)

• Seda
    edited August 2020 #29
    Options
    Seda said:

@Eden Brownlee I'm glad to let you know that we just released quick filters for Insights dashboard and that feature is now available for you. 

• Prague Fertility Centre
    Prague Fertility Centre Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #30
    Options

Yes, completely agree, I had dozens of reports...  But today I was happily surprised to see you now can filter the period and the user for a specific report.  That's a great improvement!!!  thanks PD

• Eden Brownlee
    edited September 2020 #31
    Options

Still more missing features with insights.

1) you cant actually choose if an item on the dashboard will actually obey/lock to the value you set date wise, or if it will automatically update when you use the date picker. For example, i set THIS QUARTER to a certain report in my dashboard, then  i select current month on others, i now want to switch to show last month instead. I change LAST MONTH at the top, it now changes every single item on my report to show last month, making my report make no sense now. I should be able to choose if i want the report date to be fixed or obey the date selector at top. This means, i cannot ever compare periods in my dashboard correctly... again, the entire point of customised dashboards.

2) There is still no functionality to click the numbers like n the old dashboard the second most useful feature it had. eg: if i show this months won deals, in the old dashboard i could easily see this at a glance by clicking the number.

3) There is still no real easy way to see the actual comparative data that is relevant without making massive ugly dashboards that don't work right. Eg: The old dashboard has a nice small block when showing just simple number results (won deals for example), this then shows how its tracking compared to the previous period, it also shows the dollar value, all in one nice small useful container. The new insights does not do this, the boxes size alone to show just a number result is simply ridiculous, taking up needless amounts of space, and it actually displays less useful information than the old one. It has no colour at all allowing for easy visualisation of the results which the old dashboard does.

I am still really thinking this new 'insights' is a step backwards as some of the most basic things offer less functionality than the original dashboard.... i really want to like this new insights, but i find myself playing with it more and more, only to end up using the old one anyways because the basic things are just not right.

I hope you can get these things also fixed before ditching the very useful existing dashboard.