Birthdays for Contacts

Melissa Lautenbach
Melissa Lautenbach Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

It would be great if we could have a field for birthday month/day without year or a calendar drop down so we can add our contact's birthday's and run filters for upcoming ones.

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2

@Melissa Lautenbach  -- you can create a custom field called "Birthday".

Ignore the year [input the current year maybe].

This way you can report on the date.

If you had drop downs with separate fields, you would not be able to use reports on these fields. 

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #3

A few of my team started to add this as a custom field but our GDPR officer requested we remove them unless the peoples details were kept private to those who enter them, which is not a possibility.

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #4

I would love to see this too... and for us the goal would be to create a date-triggered automation that would send a greeting X-days prior to the person's birthday.

Happily, I understand that Pipedrive is working on the automation bit. I don't know for sure that the "birthday" object is included in the scope of this project, but it sure would be useful.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2020 #5

@Melissa Lautenbach  -- you can create a custom field called "Birthday".

Ignore the year [input the current year maybe].

This way you can report on the date.

If you had drop downs with separate fields, you would not be able to use reports on these fields. 

Hi @Melissa Lautenbach

See here what options you can use with Custom Fields, as suggested by @Boris Tsibelman .

• Daniel Steyn_20524
    Daniel Steyn_20524 Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited December 2021 #6

This is such an important feature. I appreciate that one can create a custom field, and create automation to set reminders, but there are flaws in it, what if the sales rep completed the task late and the remind for the following year gets set on a wrong day. etc etc etc  It is surprising that it is not a default feature that automatically adds reminders to one's schedule.

• Marko Zivanic
    Marko Zivanic Member Posts: 9
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited June 2021 #7

Look, guys, I am not a developer or anything, but it will take the same effort to create a filter for birthdates as it would take to create the whole CRM system from scratch at this point.

Another point is that a person who gets paid a lot of money to develop things created a birthday filter that is not filtered by only day and month but also the year. 👏👏👏

I've should have stayed with excel...

• Steve Johnson_827
    Steve Johnson_827 Member Posts: 7
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2022 #8

Let's keep asking for a Birthday field, with the Year included.  I've never seen a CRM without birthday, month, day & year and it calculates the age.  This is a very important field for almost every salesperson I've ever met.  Does anyone understand why it does not current exist in Pipedrive? 

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited May 2022 #9

I built a birthday flow using Make/Integromat. 

It requires two date fields: Date of Birth and Next Birthday.

It requires 2 filters: 1 to update Next Birthday; 1 to see upcoming birthdays. 

Birthday flow in Make/Integromat

If you have any other questions about this flow, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Pipedrive Consulting | WhatsApp | Email | Community

• A birthday field is essential for a CRM

• Joao_Victor97
    Joao_Victor97 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Is there an update on this feature?