Private Notes, only visible to the author.

Options
Paul McKenna
Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

The Birthday field post by Melissa Lautenbach got me thinking about this.  I record a lot of personal details about my clients on my phone, rather than in pipedrive due to GDPR issues. Things such as family life, home area, married, kids, school, sport interests etc. It allows for a richer conversation when we are chatting. I would like to record this in the contact notes in pipedrive, but would only be able to do so if I could mark the note as private.

Anyone else have this issue?

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Clarissa Silvino
    Clarissa Silvino Pipedrive Team Posts: 80 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited November 2021 #2
    Options

Hey Paul, thank you for reaching.

While to make it private a certain note it is not possible in Pipedrive, you can always change the visibility of the whole item - so that this person, for example, can be visible only for you, the owner.

Would this be interesting to you? If so, I invite you to check our article regarding visibilities to have a better picture: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000309498-Visibility-Groups

Hopefully this will help, but if you have more questions, feel free to reach out to our Support team.

• Paul McKenna
    Paul McKenna Member Posts: 57
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi Clarissa,

Thank you for the very quick response, I am aware of this feature however in the construction industry the sales teams are not the only people who need sight of each opportunity.  The process involves many bid, estimating and planning resources who require access to the contact details within.

• Clarissa Silvino
    Clarissa Silvino Pipedrive Team Posts: 80 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2020 #4
    Options

Hi Clarissa,

Thank you for the very quick response, I am aware of this feature however in the construction industry the sales teams are not the only people who need sight of each opportunity.  The process involves many bid, estimating and planning resources who require access to the contact details within.

It is our pleasure, Paul!

I totally see your point and it is important, therefore I'll make sure to let our team knows so we can improve this as soon as possible.

• Rob at USP
    Rob at USP Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

I agree - being able to make a note private, or private to a small group, is important.