Support for HTML email signatures

Eli Cardon
Eli Cardon Member Posts: 5
5 Up Votes
edited August 2023 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

It would be great to keep a consistent signature whether I'm emailing folks via Gmail or via Pipedrive. 

Immediately since setting up Pipedrive, I copied / pasted my Gmail signature into my PD Signature; unfortunately, after emailing several external contacts via PD I learned that my signature became "boxed" (see below), which of course looks awful...

Has anyone found a work around? Can we please get Pipedrive to support HTML in Signatures?

10 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2

You can insert images, but you have to do it through the builder only.

You might not be able to make it 100% identical, but it can come close.

You cant copy & paste html >> that wont work properly.

• Eli Cardon
    Eli Cardon Member Posts: 5
    5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020 #3

You can insert images, but you have to do it through the builder only.

You might not be able to make it 100% identical, but it can come close.

You cant copy & paste html >> that wont work properly.

Gotcha! I will try the builder and see how that goes ;) 

• Gustavo Enzo
    Gustavo Enzo Member Posts: 2
    Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 2021 #4

Thats a must have

• Brad Lynch
    Brad Lynch Member Posts: 18
    First Comment
    edited November 2020 #5

HI,

What is the builder please?

• Tim Leunissen
    Tim Leunissen Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #6

We have the same problem with our signatures, would be great if this could be improved to be able to send e-mail via Pipedrive instead of Gmail

• Matt Isales
    Matt Isales Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #7

It's a pain to do, but I've been able to do it a few times with moderate success (very close to the original, with small exceptions) by fiddling around with the copy-and-pasted signature in Pipedrive, Gmail and Google Docs.

End result is a signature with the image on the left and the normal signature details on the right. Those boxes still exist but you are able to essentially hide their borders by changing their color to white.

• Anabel Aporado
    Anabel Aporado Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #8

It's a pain to do, but I've been able to do it a few times with moderate success (very close to the original, with small exceptions) by fiddling around with the copy-and-pasted signature in Pipedrive, Gmail and Google Docs.

End result is a signature with the image on the left and the normal signature details on the right. Those boxes still exist but you are able to essentially hide their borders by changing their color to white.

How did you change the color to white? 

• Matt Isales
    Matt Isales Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited September 2021 #9

Hi Anabel!

Please check out my Youtube video to show you exactly how I did it: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIlxGmZsqPg
  • Bernardo_28671
    Bernardo_28671 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #10

Pipedrive accepts HTML email signatures because in the email composer, the signature appears normal.  See my example. The signature below was created with Bybrand and in HTML.

I analyzed it thoroughly to find out why. Pipedrive is simply adding CSS inline style to all HTML table and "td" entities. The possible solution is to create a signature without using HTML tables.

But, that way you will be able to create only vertical email signatures. Using paragraphs HTML "p", for example. The email signature of our friend Eli Cardon, has two columns. then it will not work.

• Sascha Briest
    Sascha Briest Member Posts: 10
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2021 #11

Hi folks and support team, 

dont know if it's still relevant, but it sems to work somehow ... let's say to 80%, though not the very same. see screenshot: 

The thing is... 

Left side: original html code with adjusted row spacing, everything cool... . 
    Right: odd arrangement via copy paste to the signature template.... (one might ask himself: WTF, where comes the difference from?? ok again new from scratch......) -->> please update the signature form! Please supply html import or similar... The styles DO not look like font type ARIAL... just one thing to mention... 
    Middle: how it finally looks in Gmail, again somehow different from the Pipedrive form.

3 different styles... very confusing for an end user who has, like me, little exp in html coding.

positive: 2 column tables DO work. With clean html code though. But it TAKES TOO MUCH PRECIOUS TIME to fiddle.

Thanks. Would be nice to hear from the support how to improve this feature. 

BR, Sascha

• Chris Hilliard
    Chris Hilliard Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2022 #12

We are struggling with the same issue, but Pipedrive support said they had NO solution to this very common problem.  This a pretty big miss in my books. 

• Michał Kapczuk
    Michał Kapczuk Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #13

+1 for HTML support in signature.

It's a basic feature and right now something so simple takes too much time and effort.

• Kristýna Lang
    Kristýna Lang Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #14

Hey, 

This feels a bit useless because I found posts on this topic about 2 years old. 
    Anyway, it would be super helpful to have an HTML editor when creating an e-mail signature. 

The creation of random signatures manually is a true nightmare for the company branding 🙈

Is there any plan for this feature in Pipedrive? 
    Other than that, we are really enjoying this tool. Unfortunately thanks to this we cannot use it fully, because any time you want to send an e-mail, we need to send it via our e-mail provider. :-/ Which sucks. 

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 173
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited August 2023 #15

Hi Kristýna,

Thank you for reaching us with this feedback, it's truly appreciated.

We do not indeed have an HTML editor for email signatures for the moment. We completely understand how this might be useful however and your feedback has been forwarded directly to our product team through an internal channel, so I can ensure you that it is valued and taken into consideration.

What we usually suggest is for users to edit their signature on an online HTML editor and then copy-paste the result into the signature. This can take a few tries and the final product might still not be as perfect as you'd like but it works a fair amount of times.

To stay updated on new features, you can follow our What's Planned and What's New pages. :)

Have a great day!
    Andreia

• Shlomi Goland
    Shlomi Goland Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #16

Hi Support

We had an issue with signatures copied and pasted into your mailing signature.

I have managed to fix it by manipulating  the html via javascript on the browser console by removing your added css to our tables and td's.

This worked mostly fine, the borders were removed and saved nicely and our users were happy.

Recently I have seen that the users who send emails using PipeDrive got the borders back and even my hack is not solving this issue anymore. I guess this is something you have changed recently and now no matter what all their signatures contain borders, which totally rendered all the emailing system useless to our organization.

Can you please address this issue and maybe even provide a way to publish HTML signatures by code, so we can provide nice and clean signatures.

Regards,

Shlomi Goland

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited August 2023 #17

HTML signatures never worked in Pipedrive... 

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 173
    edited August 2023 #18

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us with your feedback, it's truly appreciated.

Unfortunately, Pipedrive does not currently support HTML email signatures. When they are copied into Pipedrive from elsewhere, depending on the receiving email providers they can read them differently and they can look different (colors, size, spacing, etc.).

The best thing for you to do in this case is to create the signature directly from within Pipedrive.  However, there is an alternative way that you can try to copy your HTML signature into Pipedrive.  

You can try copying the HTML code into an HTML editor (or create it directly on the editor). Then copy and paste the result into Pipedrive.  This might take some trial and error, and you still may not get your signature to appear exactly as you would like in the end, but it does usually help.

Our team is hoping to develop the ability to accept copy and pasted HTML signatures in the future, but for the moment you will need to recreate the signature directly in Pipedrive, or try the alternative HTML editor mentioned above.

Have a lovely day!
    Andreia

• Shlomi Goland
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #19

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us with your feedback, it's truly appreciated.

Unfortunately, Pipedrive does not currently support HTML email signatures. When they are copied into Pipedrive from elsewhere, depending on the receiving email providers they can read them differently and they can look different (colors, size, spacing, etc.).

The best thing for you to do in this case is to create the signature directly from within Pipedrive.  However, there is an alternative way that you can try to copy your HTML signature into Pipedrive.  

You can try copying the HTML code into an HTML editor (or create it directly on the editor). Then copy and paste the result into Pipedrive.  This might take some trial and error, and you still may not get your signature to appear exactly as you would like in the end, but it does usually help.

Our team is hoping to develop the ability to accept copy and pasted HTML signatures in the future, but for the moment you will need to recreate the signature directly in Pipedrive, or try the alternative HTML editor mentioned above.

Have a lovely day!
    Andreia

Thank you for the reply,

This is very unfortunate, our main business is applying HTML signatures for our clients and the demand for PipeDrive email signature is very high on demand.

I managed to bypass the copy paste and recently our signatures were destroyed, signatures that were looking as intended. 

I devised a browser extension that opens up your signature form, injects the signature code inside and triggers the save button. After that I reopen it and clear all the added HTML code that your editor adds and save again. This was working and our clients were happy, they got the signatures looking close to 100% as they had it in their mail clients.

But recently even signatures that were looking good are broken now without them changing it.

What happened is that any email sent from pipedrive caused the signatures look broken. Until further notice I asked them not to use PipeDrive emailing system until this will be fixed.

Regards,

Shlomi

• Daniel Schunke
    Daniel Schunke Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited August 2023 #20

We would love to have that feature, too. Currently we cannot use PD mailing features because of this...

• Alexander Abell
    Alexander Abell Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #21

It seems to me that just about every modern email tool that's used for business has the ability to create an HTML email signature.  As CEO, I'm trying to get my company's employees to adopt Pipedrive for their email communications with clients so that the message history is preserved within the deals we are chasing. 

However, the signatures we are able to create in Pipedrive just don't really cut it. 

Is anyone else kind of taken aback that this functionality doesn't exist?

What do you use for your email signature in PD? Any tips on driving adoption of the Pipedrive email function?

• Glenda Spyron
    Glenda Spyron Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #22

Agree!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5
    edited August 2023 #23

Hi Alexander,

Thank you very much for your suggestion. It has been taken into account, but unfortunately we cannot deliver everything. Our resources have been accounted for short term, so we cannot promise it will happen very soon, but it is being considered for future development plan. Please, keep an eye on What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come: https://community.pipedrive.com/feed/whats-planned

• Garret Robinson
    Garret Robinson Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #24

I'd be interested in outlook signatures in pipedrive.  I'm also going to post my own request for pipedrive email to better mimic or utilize outlook tools, appearance, and the focused and other boxes.  If pipedrive can do these two things then i can rely more heavily on pipedrive:

flawlessly import outlook signatures

utilize microsofts filtering system "focused" and "other"

• Makhdoom Bhatti
    Makhdoom Bhatti Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #25

Boris Tsibelman

Hi,

I've created an HTML email signature with code when I install it on Pipedrive it shows boxes. Anyone, please help me how I fix it.

• Shlomi Goland
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #26

Currently the only option is to copy paste signatures, it is very painful way to use, it adds borders around tables automatically and changes the template.

Using API we could inject the HTML directly and bypass the bordering issues.

It also means that customers can build integration tools to update signatures automatically without having to visit each time the signature window and copy paste it when changed.

• Alexander Abell
    Alexander Abell Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #27

Wanted to bump this to see if it's gotten any traction with Pipedrive's product team. 

We have banners in our outlook signature and it'd be nice to be consistent in Pipedrive, as i am trying to get my team to use it's native email more when dealing with clients.

See signature below - if I insert the image banner it creates an attachment on the email to client. This can cause it to be blocked or stripped from the email. Preferable would be to reference the externally hosted image via HTML. 

Hope Pipedrive will work on modernizing this email functionality. I know they'll need something similar for their new marketing email functionality @Mike van der Valk 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #28

Wanted to bump this to see if it's gotten any traction with Pipedrive's product team. 

We have banners in our outlook signature and it'd be nice to be consistent in Pipedrive, as i am trying to get my team to use it's native email more when dealing with clients.

See signature below - if I insert the image banner it creates an attachment on the email to client. This can cause it to be blocked or stripped from the email. Preferable would be to reference the externally hosted image via HTML. 

Hope Pipedrive will work on modernizing this email functionality. I know they'll need something similar for their new marketing email functionality @Mike van der Valk 

Hi @Alexander Abell 

Thanks for the tag, I'm going to make our email and campaigns team aware of this, hopefully we have some thing in the plans but I can't see anything on the roadmap for now :( 

• Ryan Edmunds
    Ryan Edmunds Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #29

Please allow HTML Signatures - emails look different from gmail and pipedrive which is not good for automation and client trust

• David Marshall_74756
    David Marshall_74756 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #30

Hello. 

I'd just like to say that having support for HTML signatures is "absolutely essential" for a product like Pipedrive and I can't understand why it's not already there.  

In this day and age, corporate branding is everything, so I don't understand why PipeDrive don't consider it an extremely high priority to support. 

Does anyone "not" need and use HTML signatures on a daily basis?   

At the moment, I'm forced to go back into Outlook to do all emails.  

Please PipeDrive listen to the users and do what almost all other email handling software solutions can support. (i.e. HTML signatures)   

Thanks Dave

• Andrew Humphries
    Andrew Humphries Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #31

Just adding one more vote for allowing full HTML signatures in Pipedrive. We have our team reverting to sending from Gmail simply because our signatures are off-brand in the Pipedrive email composer...