Import data: multiple choice fields

Options
Dave Zwyssig
Dave Zwyssig Member Posts: 5
First Comment

My request for change „ There should be a choice: import with multiple choice fields => add or overwrite“. Actually it is always an overwrite.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Dave Zwyssig thanks for sharing!

I've passed it along to our team that looks at our importing feature. Can you explain a bit more how your flow currently looks like.

Do you export our of Pipedrive, adjust and then re-import or do you get data from anywhere else? Just trying to understand your use case and the exact reason your suggestion would be super helpful.

• Dave Zwyssig
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

We have a contact export, which shows which contacts we have written to each month. These we want to mark on the company.  So this is imported with the export sheet of the contact to the company. Every initiative (mailing) is noted.  

And now the previous attribute is always overwritten instead of being added.

To solve this, we would first have to export the existing attributes from the company again and import them again.

From my point of view it is logical that when importing multiple selections, the existing selection must not be deleted or at least a selection should exist for this purpose.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #4
    Options

We have a contact export, which shows which contacts we have written to each month. These we want to mark on the company.  So this is imported with the export sheet of the contact to the company. Every initiative (mailing) is noted.  

And now the previous attribute is always overwritten instead of being added.

To solve this, we would first have to export the existing attributes from the company again and import them again.

From my point of view it is logical that when importing multiple selections, the existing selection must not be deleted or at least a selection should exist for this purpose.

Hi @Dave Zwyssig my apologies if I'm not fully following it. However, I understand you either export all contacts or a filtered list of contacts to check who you've been in touch with and then you re-import the data so you mark down who you've spoken to.

Can I suggest one things that might help you. One thing you could try out is the contacts timeline. Here you can also filter contacts and set follow-up frequencies and have a great overview of who you've contacted or not.

What's the reason you want to indicate in a multiple option field you've had contact with them? It's technically also registered with emails and activities. 

Sorry just trying to fully understand your case so I can forward the best information to our team.

• Dave Zwyssig
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

Because this is how we write down the periodic mailings. These are structured and according to a specification. It is clear to me that the contact/mail itself is written down.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #6
    Options

Because this is how we write down the periodic mailings. These are structured and according to a specification. It is clear to me that the contact/mail itself is written down.

Gotcha, @Dave Zwyssig thanks for clarifying. I've passed on your feedback to the team here. 

• Juho Koski
    Juho Koski Member Posts: 46
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

Hi, Have you got some more intel on this subject? Have you enabled multiple record import in a way Mr. Zwyssig is suggesting?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #8
    Options

Hi, Have you got some more intel on this subject? Have you enabled multiple record import in a way Mr. Zwyssig is suggesting?

Hi @Juho Koski we've had one of our developers explore it. It turns out to be a bigger project and so far this hasn't been prioritised yet agains other things we've planned or have released in the past.

• Juho Koski
    Juho Koski Member Posts: 46
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #9
    Options

Btw it is possible by separating the valies in same cell with ","

• Dave Zwyssig
    First Comment
    edited December 2020 #10
    Options

It's a bug. We could need a solution.