Use product category in filter options within Insights

Options
Tim van Hout - Shoxl
Tim van Hout - Shoxl Member Posts: 1
5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary
edited November 2023 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

It would be really nice if you could create reports in Insights based on product category. We are now using the current feature to be able to add products on a report. But when you introduce a new product, you have to add it again to all your reports. That is quite laborious when you have a SaaS platform where many add-ons are possible. 

So it would be nice if you could say in a Report: Is any of Product Category...

For example, we use product category to unlock whether it is MRR/ARR or one-time fee

7 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Josh Dowdy
    Josh Dowdy Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #2
    Options

How can I create a sales report/funnel report based on a product category? This seems like a must have. I don't have time to create a report and type each individual product name in a sales/funnel report. Any suggestions??

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,066 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 8 #3
    Options

Hi @Josh Dowdy !

Currently that's not possible, although Product names and values are eligible fields that you can use to slice and dice you reports.

We are aware of this limitation and understand your frustration. We intend to make Products more robust and cross-reference with other features better in the coming year. Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come. 

That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

In the meantime, I suggest you take a look at the Analytics integrations available in our marketplace, as they allow you to extract data from Pipedrive and create other types of reports. 

Another option is to include the category in the name of your product, which you can do in bulk using a spreadsheet.

• Paul Minors
    Paul Minors Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited January 8 #4
    Options

+1 for this idea!

• Tyrone_11828
    Tyrone_11828 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited January 8 #5
    Options

Hi @Josh Dowdy !

Currently that's not possible, although Product names and values are eligible fields that you can use to slice and dice you reports.

We are aware of this limitation and understand your frustration. We intend to make Products more robust and cross-reference with other features better in the coming year. Follow What's Planned to know what we're working on currently and what’s to come. 

That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

In the meantime, I suggest you take a look at the Analytics integrations available in our marketplace, as they allow you to extract data from Pipedrive and create other types of reports. 

Another option is to include the category in the name of your product, which you can do in bulk using a spreadsheet.

Is there an update on this functionality?

• Tyrone_11828
    Tyrone_11828 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited January 8 #6
    Options

Hi @Josh Dowdy !

any update on this functionality?

• Darvin Widjaja
    Darvin Widjaja Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 8 #7
    Options

Hi any updates on reports based on product category?  I love pipedrive and the features, but not having report on product category is slowing the sales in their productivity. Could you update me?

• Vladimir Vala
    Vladimir Vala Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    edited January 8 #8
    Options

Hello, its really needed!

Could you please add this possibility of reporting by roduct category?

Thank you very much.

Vladimir

• Tina M
    Tina M Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 8 #9
    Options

Hi,

we would also be interested creating report that would group products in deals based on product category.

Thank you

T

• Vladimir Vala
    Vladimir Vala Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    edited January 8 #10
    Options

Hey, any response to this? Thanks.

• BlackrazorNZ
    BlackrazorNZ Member Posts: 13
    5 Likes Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Upvote from me - it's weird that if you want to report on 'Mat' sales, you have to add every single one of the hundreds of Mat SKU's we sell, instead of just picking category 'Mat'.

• Brad G
    Brad G Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Options

+1 from me too. It would be very valuable to be able to segment my forecast by Product Category, which we use to differentiate between software licenses, support, and professional services. I currently see no way to achieve this. Filtering by every individual product (and updating every report whenever our product list changes) is not feasible.

• Brad G
    Brad G Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited January 8 #13
    Options

Please implement this feature!

• BlackrazorNZ
    BlackrazorNZ Member Posts: 13
    5 Likes Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

I am really hoping there is some further development going on with this request - it seems a pretty fundamental gap in the ability of the Insights tool, and one that has moved from a minor inconvenince to one that is actually preventing us from being able to measure some core team KPI's in a reasonable fashion.

We've used Pipedrive for many years now, but if this functionality is not available in the near future then unfortunately we're going to have to migrate our 50+ users to another CRM solution out of sheer necessity.

• mirkanu
    mirkanu Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Yep looking for this too! Any lead time to share when this feature might become available?