Select what persons will be used during contact sync

For multi user organisations like us it would be of a tremendous help to chosse what Persons will be synced out of pipedrive into outlook or other provicers.

Beeing able to sync contacts that i own or that i also follow would be e real help in allowing multiple users to keep their contacts even if ownership changes.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,153 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited June 2020 #2

Hi @Ulrich Fleck , thank you for your feedback!

Currently only contacts that you are the owner of will sync with your third-party contact provider. 

We designed the sync this way in order to maintain data ownership and privacy, but keep in mind that you can still make Contacts that you own (and sync) visible to other users, it only depends on the visibility setting you give to those contacts. Other users will still be able to see and even edit those contacts in Pipedrive (including when ownership changes), but not sync them to their external contacts list.

That being said, I can see how in some cases there are contacts that you don't own (therefore can't sync) and would still like to see in your external contact list, so I'm going to forward your suggestion internally for consideration. In the meantime, I suggest using PIpedrive as your contact central source. 🙂

• Martin Leblanc_6868
    edited July 2020 #3

The way Pipedrive built contact syncing make sense in many cases. The owner of a company or similar situation Support centre manager (based on permission) might want to sync all contacts for the purpose of knowing who is calling in on his mobile (meaning the contact must be mobile contact list). Or if he want to call a customer or a prospect. 

• Steve Robinson_992
    Steve Robinson_992 Posts: 10
    edited February 24 #4

This setup does not meet our needs. I'm in sales, my colleague is in customer service. Both of us work with the same set of contacts. we should both be able to sync them to our address book. 

See my post here for a detailed issue: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/syncing-shared-contacts-5f46a2ac998f754515faec19

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Ex-Pipedrivers Posts: 101
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited August 2020 #5

This setup does not meet our needs. I'm in sales, my colleague is in customer service. Both of us work with the same set of contacts. we should both be able to sync them to our address book. 

See my post here for a detailed issue: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/syncing-shared-contacts-5f46a2ac998f754515faec19

Thank you for the feedback, Steve! 

At the moment, indeed, you can sync your own contacts with external contacts (google contacts f..e) and if you decide to go for syncking same external contacts with several Pipedrive users on same account - each of the users will have these contact people created for them.

Which will lead to duplication.

And, what can be done - only one user will have external contacts connected to Pipedrive and that person will be owner of all customers.

The other thing that you would have to do - is to make sure all the contacts are shared on the account.

Then, both users will be able to amend contacts and send emails and no duplicates will appear.

However, I understand that it is not ideal and left feedback to the product manager.

Kind regards,

Vladimir