Related Organizations - Better Account Hierarchy

In our business (we sell to the food manufacturing industry) the concept of parent and daughter accounts are quite common. We could be selling to daughter 1 - but not to daughter 2 - so we have inside sales resources that research and map those account structures (which could be complex).

The related organization feature is nice - but doesn't really give us the full visibility we need, especially when talking about multi-level accounts (daughters or daughters of daughters). 

Feature request 1: can we create better hierarchy visibility and field display capability in "related organizations" - so it becomes possible to see things in a way similar to what we had in SFDC - like:

Feature request 2 : can we create an option in organization filtered lists to select "is daughter of" or "is parent of" so we can take full advantage of the flexibility of filtered lists - ideally with multi-level account listing support?

5e7121bba1b7791edac7d540_69715.png
2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,386 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited March 2020 #2

Hi @Jan Visser , thanks for sharing here as well and sorry for missing it earlier. I've passed it along but it's also related to an area that is currently not a focus. Having said that areas switch in and our of focus constantly so the team is always interested in feedback and I've passed it along :) 

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Posts: 108
    edited February 24 #3

@Mike van der Valk  - understood, thanks. It does make me wonder if I'm the ideal customer for Pipedrive. I keep getting the feeling that Pipedrive focuses on requirements for really small teams. We're about to expand to 20 users - it gives me concerns about making more investments in time and treasure in the Pipedrive platform.   

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2020 #4

@Mike van der Valk  - understood, thanks. It does make me wonder if I'm the ideal customer for Pipedrive. I keep getting the feeling that Pipedrive focuses on requirements for really small teams. We're about to expand to 20 users - it gives me concerns about making more investments in time and treasure in the Pipedrive platform.   

@Jan Visser I'm happy to have a call with you about multiple questions you might have for you and your business. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you're interested :) 

• Roel Teeuwen
    Roel Teeuwen Posts: 1
    edited July 2020 #5

Hi, this is a MUST feature. I really need to have clear overview of company hierarchies created by the "related organizations" feature. Is there any way to do this?

• Erik Wieland
    Erik Wieland Posts: 4
    Second Anniversary
    edited February 24 #6

Hi @Mike van der Valk I agree with Roel (and Jan), parent and daughter companies are a quite common thing. It's great you can indicate this on the detail page but not having that particular field enabled  on the Organisation List page, its filter, or under Workflow Automation, means that currently the field Related Organisations adds no value. It might not be the most requested feature but it seems like pretty standard functionality and shouldn't be too hard to implement (and I appreciate I don't know your backlog or the products architecture so I really don't know the level of complexity :-)

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #7

Hi @Mike van der Valk I agree with Roel (and Jan), parent and daughter companies are a quite common thing. It's great you can indicate this on the detail page but not having that particular field enabled  on the Organisation List page, its filter, or under Workflow Automation, means that currently the field Related Organisations adds no value. It might not be the most requested feature but it seems like pretty standard functionality and shouldn't be too hard to implement (and I appreciate I don't know your backlog or the products architecture so I really don't know the level of complexity :-)

Thanks for your contribution @Erik Wieland I'll highlight this request to our team once more.

• Erik Wieland
    Erik Wieland Posts: 4
    Second Anniversary
    edited July 2020 #8

Thanks @Mike van der Valk 

Looking forward to using this new feature :-)

• Alexander Abell
    Alexander Abell Posts: 13
    edited July 2020 #9

+1 for this feature request

• Erin Scroggins
    Erin Scroggins Posts: 1
    edited January 2021 #10

Definitely need this feature if we are to continue using this platform

• Eva_20797
    Eva_20797 Posts: 1
    edited February 2021 #11

same here. A related organization feature properly setup would be very helpful for us! :)

• Isabelle Dumont
    Isabelle Dumont Posts: 1
    edited February 2021 #12

Same here. We desperately need a hierarchy on organization to orchestrate the various touchpoints between our sales teams nad our customers. 

• Laura Maier
    Laura Maier Posts: 28
    First Anniversary
    edited May 26 #13

Same request here. We need to have the ability to filter on lists with parent/daughter relationships. It doesn't help only having this detail in the main organisation view but no way to pull it into a list. @Mike van der Valk Do you have any news on this?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #14

Same request here. We need to have the ability to filter on lists with parent/daughter relationships. It doesn't help only having this detail in the main organisation view but no way to pull it into a list. @Mike van der Valk Do you have any news on this?

Hi @Laura Maier 

Unfortunately this hasn't yet been prioritised by the team. I'm going to once more let everyone know that more people are replying on this thread and would like to see this update :) thanks for sharing!

• Jay Mankita
    Jay Mankita Posts: 7
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited June 2021 #15

This is very very important to me as well. Please prioritize this feature!

• Markus Meier_49922
    Markus Meier_49922 Posts: 28
    10 Comments Name Dropper First Anniversary Integration Partner
    edited October 2021 #16

@Jakob Porer  FYI - another use-case for org-hierarchy visualization :) 

• Alex Rackwitz
    Alex Rackwitz Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 6 #17

@Mike van der Valk - +1 here...this seems like an obvious product addition needed by many. A simple additional filter for organisation "is daughter of" or "parent of" etc.

• Markus Meier_49922
    edited May 30 #18

Hi Jan,

we created an add-on available on the PIPEDRIVE MARKETPLACE that does visualize related organizations:

• Markus Meier_49922
    edited April 6 #19

@Mike van der Valk - +1 here...this seems like an obvious product addition needed by many. A simple additional filter for organisation "is daughter of" or "parent of" etc.

Hi Alex, maybe a bit more than a simple filter, but you could check the Pipedrive Add-On vizrm that visualizes related organizations. It is available on the Pipedrive Marketplace.

• Alex Rackwitz
    edited April 6 #20

Hi,

unforunately visualisation is not what we need. We need to run reporting on deals / pipelines / conversions etc for a reseller with dozens of child orgs. We need the filter for this…

• Robin Blandford
    Robin Blandford Posts: 22
    10 Comments First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited April 22 #21

+1 from US. This view would be incredibly useful for sales.

• Laura Maier
    Laura Maier Posts: 28
    First Anniversary
    edited May 30 #22

Hi Jan,

we created an add-on available on the PIPEDRIVE MARKETPLACE that does visualize related organizations:

HI @Markus Meier 

I had a look a this integration and it does look good but it is very very basic. I would really like to see if I have any deals open on any of the organisation levels - or basically be able to pull through some other fields to show on the organisation levels to visualise certain information.

• Like open deals connected to Org. 
    • Label
    • other custom fields

these don't have to be used to connect into the hierarchy but to give a high level overview on some of the key information on the Organisation. 

Do you think something like this will soon be possible? A lot of other tools we are working with easily integrate with all sorts of different fields on different levels in Pipedrive.

Also, will it be possible to pull reports out of Vizrm? 

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Laura

• Alex Rackwitz
    edited May 26 #23

Any update on this? listen to your customers please

• Sean Harvey
    Sean Harvey Posts: 12
    edited July 19 #24

+1 for this. As we scale, I'm wondering if the lack of these types of features will push us to have to migrate to Salesforce. Seems like basic functionality for a CRM.

• +1 for this. Filtering and grouping by parent is going to be so useful.

• Hi

I would love this feature as well. Freshsales has a similar function. I have networking contacts and by adding the other organisation I can see them all in that view as well.

Thanks

• Please prioritize! We are growing in our use of all functionality in PipeDrive. We must at least be able to query and export a list of related/Hierarchies.