Mailchimp import - multiple email addresses for one pipedrive person

Samo Jurdik
Samo Jurdik Posts: 14
Second Anniversary 10 Comments Combo Breaker Photogenic
edited July 27 in Apps and Integrations #1

Some of the contacts in pipedrive have multiple email addresses. When importing into Mailchimp, only the first email address is imported. I want to import all of them. Is it possible? Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Community Driver Posts: 1,033
    1000 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited June 2020 #2

You would need to manually do it

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,153 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 24 #3

Hi @Samo Jurdik !

I did some testing on my end and it seems that Mailchimp only lets you list one email address per person. I tried importing a person with 2 email addresses, comma separated in a CVS file, and Mailchimp considered it an invalid email address and didn't import it; it only imported people with a single email address in each cell. I did this by exporting the file straight from the LIst View, and not using the "Export to Mailchimp" option.

A workaround would be splitting that same Pipedrive person into multiple entries in the file you're uploading to Mailchimp and list them individually. I suspect that creating a custom field in Mailchimp where you list the second email address for the same person wouldn't work either. I suggest you reach out to Mailchimp's support for more details on this, as I'm afraid I don't have in-depth knowledge of how their tool works. 🙂

• Samo Jurdik
    Samo Jurdik Posts: 14
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited June 2020 #4

Hi @Samo Jurdik !

I did some testing on my end and it seems that Mailchimp only lets you list one email address per person. I tried importing a person with 2 email addresses, comma separated in a CVS file, and Mailchimp considered it an invalid email address and didn't import it; it only imported people with a single email address in each cell. I did this by exporting the file straight from the LIst View, and not using the "Export to Mailchimp" option.

A workaround would be splitting that same Pipedrive person into multiple entries in the file you're uploading to Mailchimp and list them individually. I suspect that creating a custom field in Mailchimp where you list the second email address for the same person wouldn't work either. I suggest you reach out to Mailchimp's support for more details on this, as I'm afraid I don't have in-depth knowledge of how their tool works. 🙂

Yes, I will need to split the person. I was worried this will come... :)

Thanks a lot for your help!