Automatic Activity Creation

Options

Hi - new user and I have the Gmail/Cal Chrome extension going.

I want to be sure any activity I have with a person in an organization is tracked on the timeline of the org.

When the contact and org are already created and I create it - they link. But, when a known person schedules with me, or when I schedule with an unknown person, and then add the person/org in PD, it does not link.

Should this happen automatically via the extension? Else, is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Andrew

Answers

• Andreia Costa
    Andreia Costa Pipedrive Team Posts: 133 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

Hey @Andrew Stapleton 👋

I believe that the extension will only link an activity if it's created directly within it - so I can add a new person or org, create an activity and it will link to that person or org (or both). Now, if an activity is created outside of it, the person/org needs to be manually linked to it (which you can do from the extension or inside Pipedrive).

Still, I'm not sure if I'm potentially missing something as I don't have any visual guides to better understand your scenario, so if you haven't done so, please contact our Support team so they can see if they can clarify this further for you!