message or chat with sales reps from CRM

Ben Gooden
Ben Gooden Posts: 12

As a sales manager, is there a way of messaging a sales rep from a deal in Pipedrive, to request update, or suggest next steps? 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Joshua Hindman
    Joshua Hindman Posts: 50
    Second Anniversary Photogenic Solution Provider
    edited February 24 #2

Hey Ben!

There isn't necessarily a way to @mention somebody within Pipedrive. The best you could do is leave a note or create an activity for them within the deal.

If you use a team communication tool like Slack you could paste the link to the deal in there and make your suggestion. Hope that helps!

I've always preferred to have short, focused meetings to go over the reps Pipeline and help them overcome objections/barriers and provide a boost of encouragement at the beginning of each week. :)

• Ben Gooden
    edited March 2020 #3

Hey Ben!

There isn't necessarily a way to @mention somebody within Pipedrive. The best you could do is leave a note or create an activity for them within the deal.

If you use a team communication tool like Slack you could paste the link to the deal in there and make your suggestion. Hope that helps!

I've always preferred to have short, focused meetings to go over the reps Pipeline and help them overcome objections/barriers and provide a boost of encouragement at the beginning of each week. :)

Hmm - I think its a gap - especially with a dispersed sales team. We used to use Chatter with Salesforce.  I really think PD should work on this - either integrate with Slack or MS Teams, we are using both of these daily

• Ben Gooden
    edited March 2020 #4

Hey Ben!

great thing about Salesforce Chatter is that it keeps the team communications within the CRM

• Joshua Hindman
    Joshua Hindman Posts: 50
    Second Anniversary Photogenic Solution Provider
    edited March 2020 #5

Hey Ben!

It's true but for most businesses, Pipedrive is only part of the software solution. Not all employees or contractors or team members need to pay for a user seat so an external solution (that integrates if needed) is probably the best bet.

I do agree it would be awesome to be able to mention someone in notes and have that create a notification for that user!

• Amit Sarda - Pipedrive Consultant - AmitSarda.xyz
    edited February 24 #6

I have a workaround for you until a better solution comes along.

For the said deal, you can create an activity for your queries, and assign it to the deal owner.

To keep it more streamlined, you can create a new activity-type that will be for internal communication only.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,290 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #7

@Meelis Ojasild this is an interesting thread for you to follow. Thanks for sharing your feedback all!

• Ben Gooden
    edited May 2021 #8

I have a workaround for you until a better solution comes along.

For the said deal, you can create an activity for your queries, and assign it to the deal owner.

To keep it more streamlined, you can create a new activity-type that will be for internal communication only.

thanks - but a bit clunky

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Posts: 105
    10 Comments
    edited February 24 #9

I've asked for deal collaboration more than once - with pretty extensive use-cases. I'm with @Ben Gooden on this. 

• Team selling (hey, it might sell you some extra licenses for back office people normally not on CRM)
    • Deal coaching ( I really miss this when working with my global sales team

I understood they were working on it but since PD doesn't publish a road-map, I have no idea if it's on #5 or on #77120.

• Ben Gooden
    edited May 2021 #10

I've asked for deal collaboration more than once - with pretty extensive use-cases. I'm with @Ben Gooden on this. 

• Team selling (hey, it might sell you some extra licenses for back office people normally not on CRM)

I understood they were working on it but since PD doesn't publish a road-map, I have no idea if it's on #5 or on #77120.

precisely!!

• Ben Gooden
    edited March 2020 #11

any comment on this from Pipedrive?

• Amit Sarda - Pipedrive Consultant - AmitSarda.xyz
    edited April 29 #12

@Ben Gooden - I thought of another temporary solution.

You can use Asana and use the Asana Chrome Extension.

Create your Asana workspace and invite your team members to the workspace. 

When you're looking into deal details in Chrome, click on the chrome extension to include the link to the deal, add your notes/questions and assign it to the team member.