attaching a received email to a contact

Dale Folk
Dale Folk Posts: 2

we receive several emails from the same place - a product supplier for instance -  and we have several of our clients (to whom we have supplied that product) that we would receive emails for or about - would be so handy if we could attach that received email directly to the client without having to have  an open deal as we have on-going relationships with our clients - we would receive several emails from the supplier regarding several different clients so we cannot simply assign that incoming email to one client

it would also be handy to be able to attach documents directly to tasks and notes - much like with emails

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,386 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #2

Hi @Dale Folk , do I get it right that you get emails from email address X that are about the person owning email address Y. And you'd like to link email X to person Y?

Your workaround is now to create a deal with person X and link the email there?

• Dale Folk
    Dale Folk Posts: 2
    edited April 29 #3

Thanks for the input - however that will not work as we do not want to have 100's of deals - we will get several emails from X that relate to person A, person B, person C, person D, etc etc - we have ongoing relationships with A B C and D and do not want to have to create a deal each time we receive correspondence regarding one of these people - would be  so simple to just allow us to attach an email from X to contact A or B or C or D etc etc

It would also be very helpful to be able to attach docs to tasks and notes - much like an email

for example if the task/activity was an upcoming meeting may want to attach the agenda, if the task/activity was to process an order from or on behalf of person B may want to attach the order form etc etc, if the task/activity was to call A may want to attach the notes from the call - see what I mean?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,386 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #4

Thanks for the clarification @Dale Folk , I've forwarded this feedback to our team since we're looking into client management and relationship management at the moment :) 

• Chris Woodbridge-Cox
    edited May 2021 #5

I think I'm looking for a similar solution. I just want BCC'd email to attach to an organization, where I don't yet have a contact or deal. Surely Pipedrive recognises the email address and could attach the copy directly to the organization??

• Timothy Sirard
    Timothy Sirard Posts: 5
    edited December 2021 #6

I have the same problem. I get a reply from a customer or potential client. But because there is no open deal or lead, then i am forced to do a generic reply to the person with the generic bcc link email just to get it to be logged into pipedrive. otherwise the only work around without a deal or lead is that i have to copy the email and paste into a note. very sad