Email conversation view

Neal Benedict
Neal Benedict Member Posts: 6
5 Up Votes

Is there a plan to give the user the flexibility to view emails in non-conversation view.  The way PD sorts emails is almost unusable when you have multiple responses.  There needs to be a way to view emails independently, sort easily by date, key words etc.  

6 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Neal Benedict , thank you for your feedback!

Can you tell me a little more about how you'd prefer the threaded emails of a conversation to be displayed? I'd like to get a clearer picture of what you're thinking so I can forward it internally for consideration. 🙂Feel free to include screenshots to illustrate.

• Neal Benedict
    5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #3

Can you tell me a little more about how you'd prefer the threaded emails of a conversation to be displayed? I'd like to get a clearer picture of what you're thinking so I can forward it internally for consideration. 🙂Feel free to include screenshots to illustrate.

Hi Ines -  I would like to be able to at least turn-off the conversation mode and see each email individually.  Right now I have multiple instances of the same email thread throughout my email inbox.  It makes it incredibly hard to search for specific email.  Once you enter a thread it is also very difficult to read that thread.  It makes the email almost unusable.  

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #4

Thank you for the details @Neal Benedict , I'll make sure to forward them internally to the team for consideration.

• Will Hogan
    Will Hogan Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2021 #5

I agree w/ @Neal Benedict that email convo threads are quite difficult to navigate in the PD inbox.  Something closer to an expand/collapse capability, allowing to click on individual emails in a thread would be far better if possible.

• Neal Benedict
    5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #6

Hi,

Any word on enhancements to email?  This is truly problematic.  The ability to successfully navigate keeps us out of Pipedrive and the use by the sales team is suffering.  I hope to see progress sometime soon.  

Neal 

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #7

Hi,

Any word on enhancements to email?  This is truly problematic.  The ability to successfully navigate keeps us out of Pipedrive and the use by the sales team is suffering.  I hope to see progress sometime soon.  

Neal 

Hi @Neal Benedict . At the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future.

That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future. In the meantime, we have added a new section here in the community: follow this topic to know what we're working on.

Thank you!

• Ville Väisänen
    Ville Väisänen Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2021 #8

Hi,

I totally agree with @Neal Benedict ! The first thing in any e-mail app is that I disable the conv-view. I hope the PD team will prioritize this and bump it up the dev queue!

• Neal Benedict
    5 Up Votes
    edited September 2020 #9

Hi,

Neal 

Thanks Ines.  I think I will need to stop promoting Pipedrive to my clients and ask them to migrate. The lack of usability of the email app is a deal breaker and until fixed I can no longer support the app.

Neal 

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #10

Hi,

Neal 

@Neal Benedict My apologies that you aren't having an ideal experience, I understand your frustrations. I’ll discuss your comments with our team and share your concerns.  We do appreciate your feedback, this is how we can make Pipedrive better.

• Kelly Tamburo
    Kelly Tamburo Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #11

Hi there, 

I know this question was posted a few months ago. I just wanted to see if there was any news of this? I am having the same frustration so was hoping to see if there was a way to turn off the conversation view. 

Thank you!

• Inês Batata
    edited September 2020 #12

Hi there, 

I know this question was posted a few months ago. I just wanted to see if there was any news of this? I am having the same frustration so was hoping to see if there was a way to turn off the conversation view. 

Thank you!

Hi @Kelly Tamburo !

As far as I'm aware this has not changed at the moment, unfortunately. In the meantime, this might help you: How are emails threaded in Pipedrive?

Unfortunately with many customers and requests and with limited development resources we need to prioritise and make choices what to deliver first. We will make sure however our team will consider your suggestions but we can never make any promises, although we wish we could. Thank you so much for your understanding.

• Jay Carter_14074
    Jay Carter_14074 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #13

Please elevate this issue to a senior  level within Pipedrive.  The conversation-view is super annoying and forces me to bounce between Pipedrive and Gmail to locate a specific email.  That's crazy!  Can you guys just turn off the conversation-view or make it my option?   Pipedrive can dramatically improve its customer retention by making this seemingly  improvement.  Thank you.

• Paul Downes
    Paul Downes Member Posts: 34
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #14

Plus one for this feature. It is hugely frustrating in my business as I have multiple emails from one company that associate to many different deals. It would be much easier for me to work within PD if I could view the inbox without conversations grouped. 

Another feature would be the ability to sync other folders from my main email client (Outlook) in the Pipedrive email.

• Inês Batata
    edited January 2021 #15

Plus one for this feature. It is hugely frustrating in my business as I have multiple emails from one company that associate to many different deals. It would be much easier for me to work within PD if I could view the inbox without conversations grouped. 

Another feature would be the ability to sync other folders from my main email client (Outlook) in the Pipedrive email.

Hi @Jay Carter , @Paul Downes thank you for your honest feedback, it's very helpful for us to understand your expectations and usage better.

I've checked internally and currently there are no short-term plans for this but our Product Manager for Email Sync will share this with the team for consideration when they make updates to the feature. Here’s how to get notified about what’s coming down the line:

•  Follow What's Planned to to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

Thank you for sharing and your patience!

• Jeff Schmitz
    Jeff Schmitz Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2021 #16

A big thumbs up from me on this request also.  I stopped using the email sync feature because I couldn't turn off the conversation view. Why can't Pipedrive just use the same settings as Outlook?  I never use conversation mode.

• Neal Benedict
    5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022 #17

I have actually stopped recommending Pipedrive to my clients due to this alone.  Again, email is practically unusable in its current implementation.   It is a shame as so much of PD is excellent.  I am sorry to see such a good product being hampered by such a simple issue.  

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited March 2021 #18

Thank you for sharing, Neal!

I am sorry to hear that you find it not easy to work with emails in Pipedrive, but thank you very much for taking the time to point that out to us.

I have passed the feedback over to the product manager.

Thank you again,

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Rick Clark_67331
    Rick Clark_67331 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #19

Seems like an old post here with no action on it...or is Pipedrive doing something on this feature to have non-conversational views on emails in the PD inbox?

• Larry Hill
    Larry Hill Member Posts: 6
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #20

I just wasted a half-hour auditing my emails in Pipedrive, trying to determine why some seemed to be missing, and luckily I suspected conversation view. I wasted more time looking thru email preferences trying to turn it off. And finally found this Community thread.

I love being able to associate key emails with a Deal, but I agree with the others that Conversation View mode makes the Pipedrive email facility practically useless as my default email viewer. 

I don't understand why Pipedrive:

1.  Chose the less-common Conversation View as the default for users, and
    2. Having made that poor choice, neglected to offer the more common non-Conversation View as a preference

I'm concerned that this will limit the expansion of Pipedrive in my organization.

@Vladimir Dubakin What's the story - when are you going to fix this issue?

• Chad_76421
    Chad_76421 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #21

Is there any update with this?  "Turning Off Email Conversation View"

This is critically important to link specific email to a deal/project - rather than an entire conversation.

Please update!

• Adam Olen
    Adam Olen Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #22

I also have a client who is very dissatisfied with conversation view. They need to be able to see emails individually. Consider this another community vote for the ability to have individual emails not bundled into conversations, or at least the option to select if they want conversation view or not. 

• Dan Hare
    Dan Hare Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #23

Hello - we're trying out PipeDrive as a migration from HubSpot which i like but has poor back end integration with Xero compared to Pipedrive.

Dealing with emails in the web client and Android App is almost impossible - please give some indication of roadmap to fix this, it's very poor indeed.

• Adam Franson
    Adam Franson Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

Any update on turning off conversation view default in mail???

It's been the most maddening thing I've ever dealt with for organizing my contacts and email's in the style of my choosing.

Seems like there should be way more internal discussion and action on this and rather easy to implement as the alternative is literally the default for every other mailbox provider.

• Pipedrive User 164
    Pipedrive User 164 Member Posts: 171
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes
    edited October 2022 #25

@Inês Batata replying to you question of how would you like emails to be displayed. Take a look at how this email client formats them in the same manner as Chat/Text messages. Genius! And does a great job of displaying and handling attachments. https://www.spikenow.com/

• Hello,

Still waiting any updates with email conversation view.

• Bronwen Fraser
    Bronwen Fraser Member Posts: 17
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

I don't often use Pipedrive to send emails, I just use Outlook (which it syncs with). I thought I would try replying to an email this week and it was so messy. When I hit Reply it bounced me around to I don't know where, to the point I wasn't actually sure that the "correct" previous email (that I was responding to) would actually show up. I ended up just going to Outlook to do.

I don't understand why it is so difficult to simply be given the choice whether to "Show as Conversation" or not.

• Pipedrive User 164

I still think something done like www.spikenow.com email client would be an awesome solution. It displays email conversations as text messages are displayed.

• Nick L
    Nick L Member Posts: 10
    5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper Photogenic

Experiencing the same problems mentioned above with this one, emails are getting missed by the team, and too much time is being wasted trying to find emails because of the way they are ordered in the conversation thread.

@Pipedriveadmin , what is the proposed solution?

• Pipedrive User 164

I personally find that its much easier to use a standard email client rather than the built in pipedrive email on a daily basis for communicating by email.

• Mark Mazaraki
    Mark Mazaraki Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hello,

Any update regarding conversation view?

Conversation view is the worst way to view emails. Confusing, hard to sort through, hard to tell whats new, whats old. PLease prioritize this change ASAP. Should be fairly easy.