Adding data in a field to an Email notification

Options
RSS_PD_Engineering
RSS_PD_Engineering Member Posts: 5
First Comment
edited March 25 in Workflow Automation #1

Hi all,

I am trying to add some information to my email notification. Basically I just want to include a Google Drive link that is stored in a Field.

Google Gemini suggested this:

But that doesn't work. The Activity Deal Title part works, but the {{deal.Google Drive/ Basecamp URL}}part just show the text exactly like that instead of the information from the "Google Drive/ Basecamp URL" field.

Is what I am trying to do possible?

Best Answer

• Jared
    Jared Member Posts: 53
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment First Answer
    #2 Answer ✓
    Options

@RSS_PD_Engineering When you select the dynamic field drop down, does it not allow you to select the field? There are times were automations will not give you the option to insert the field because the Object (Deal, Contact, Organization) has not been used in the automation.

To fix this you can create a "look up" step. Were you create a step before the notification that updates the object, and then you update a field to what it was before. This will then allow you to insert the field into the notification.

Can you share a screenshot of the whole automation?

Answers

• RSS_PD_Engineering
    First Comment
    Options

Thanks for the reply, that worked!

I added a step before the Notification to Update a blank deal field and delete the value there.

Can you clarify how I can update the field to what it was before?

Here is what the automation looks like now.

Thanks for your help

• Jared
    Jared Member Posts: 53
    5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment First Answer
    Options

@RSS_PD_Engineering you won't delete the field. Select a different field like the Deal title and then just input the "Deal title before" so that it does not change the original value.

• RSS_PD_Engineering
    First Comment
    Options

Sorry, I'm lost. Here is what I am doing, but I don't see any place to input "deal title before":

But I did find a safer Field to update. I'm now using Timezone, which should be fine to leave them all as Pacific time.