Feedback about creating new Pipeline

Here's my prblem:

1- you are creating new Pipeline
2- Copying deals from old Pipeline to the new one.
3- Now you are trying to adjust the time when those new deals moved between stages? (The stages are not the same than in previous one)

Unfortunately there is no way to change those dates as they are getting registered through the system and are there by default.

It would be a useful feature to adjust days between Pipeline stages afterwards? We could also calculate the time conversion / stats for our old customers.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Flip Nolen
    Flip Nolen Community Driver Posts: 127
    100 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited April 29 #2

What is the exact use-case that you are copying deals from an old pipeline to a new one?

• Lari Metsälä
    Lari Metsälä Posts: 4
    edited February 24 #3

Okay, I'll try to make an example case as simple as possible.

I create a new pipeline with four stages: contact - demo - offer - deal.

I have an old lead (Lead X) that is not in my new pipeline. I would like to adjust the days between pipeline stages for example like this:

From contact to demo  --> 15.3.2018

From demo to offer -->  20.3.2018 (declined)

Deal lost 15.4.2018

I think there is no way to adjust the days between stages, if they have occurred in the past. But that kind of feature would be perfect to get data also from older leads that aren't now updated in this new pipeline.

I hope you got my point. :)

• Flip Nolen
    Flip Nolen Community Driver Posts: 127
    100 Comments Second Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    edited March 2020 #4

I have an old lead (Lead X) that is not in my new pipeline. I would like to adjust the days between pipeline stages for example like this:

Deal lost 15.4.2018

I think there is no way to adjust the days between stages, if they have occurred in the past. But that kind of feature would be perfect to get data also from older leads that aren't now updated in this new pipeline.

Yes, understood @Lari Metsälä  and I don't think you can adjust the days.

How does the old lead become a lead? Eg. Webform, call, email etc.?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,290 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited March 2020 #5

Deal lost 15.4.2018

Hi @Lari Metsälä unfortunately this is not possible right now but I'll send this request through to our PM's responsible for deals, pipeline and reporting. 

• Lari Metsälä
    edited February 24 #6

Thank you @Felicity Nolen and @Mike van der Valk . We have got our old leads mostly through  email-campaigns and cold calls. The notes from those are in our Pipedrive account but we haven't utilized the pipeline feature properly enough before. Let me know if this kind of feature gets into development. 

• Pedro Gallardo
    Pedro Gallardo Posts: 4
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited March 2020 #7

Thank you @Felicity Nolen and @Mike van der Valk . We have got our old leads mostly through  email-campaigns and cold calls. The notes from those are in our Pipedrive account but we haven't utilized the pipeline feature properly enough before. Let me know if this kind of feature gets into development. 

Hello @Lari Metsälä , how often do you create new pipelines to move old leads there? and why? Just trying to understand the root of the need. 

• Lari Metsälä
    edited March 2020 #8

Hi @Pedro Gallardo , we have had an old pipeline but we haven't utilize the feature how we should. And the old pipeline doesn't  describe our current sales funnel well enough. That's why i created a new one now,  when we are going to improve our sales crm for the future growth.

I would like to add the old leads in that new pipeline, because that's how we can measure our improvement in sales process. And get data for time conversions etc to investors and owners.