New: Automations webhook requests

Options
Manuel Oliveira
Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,102 COMMUNITY MANAGER
5 Likes First Answer First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 30 in What's New #1

Hey Pipedrivers 👋

We’re beginning to gradually release automated webhooks, expecting to reach all regions by the end of April 2024.

What does it do?
The webhook action in Automations allows you to connect Pipedrive with external tools and apps by sending information to specific endpoints. Unlike regular webhooks, you can use automation conditions and setup to define more precisely which parameters and events must happen for specific information to be sent out. You can also see the execution history for your webhooks that are set up this way.

This feature is available from the Advanced plan and above. For more details, check out our knowledge base article here.

Comments

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 178
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    Options

This is exciting. Looking forward to it.

• Randall Pena
    Randall Pena Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

This is great news!!

• Martin Miersch
    Martin Miersch Member Posts: 14
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    Options

We are thrilled to see Pipedrive advancing interoperability with other tools, allowing us to manage certain scenarios without the need for automation tools like Zapier or n8n in the future.

We've had the opportunity to test the new feature and are pleased with its initial functionalities. However, for it to truly serve as a full-fledged replacement, there are a couple of capabilities still missing. Specifically, the ability to analyze the response after sending a webhook so that the data can be used in subsequent workflow steps, and the functionality to include header data for authentication with web services. Additionally, incorporating a GET function to fetch data from other web services would be highly beneficial, especially for updating records in Pipedrive based on external data.

We are hopeful that continuous development of this feature will turn it into a robust tool for our processes. Keep up the great work!

• Manuel Oliveira
    Options

Hi @Martin Miersch thanks for the feedback! At the moment, that goes beyond what can be set up directly in workflow automations in-app, such as a built-in GET function.
    But depending on the tool you’re looking to integrate with, you might be able to find a preexisting integration or use dedicated automation tools like Zapier or Make.

• wonders
    wonders Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Our account doesn't have this yet. Is there a way to request this to be added to our account? We need to create some new automations asap and this would help immensely.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Options

Hi @wonders I have put in the request to our product team, it should be coming to you in the next release batch

• boneal
    boneal Member Posts: 4
    Options

Why is there a restriction for URLs? "URL must end with /, &, ?, or =" I want to use a Power Automate generated URL as my endpoint, it is set to be publicly available, but this error is restricting me. I have no control over the URL as it is generated when you use Microsoft's' Power Automate platform. Specifically, the "When an HTTP request is received" action.

• Iain Ashley
    Iain Ashley Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@boneal I had this problem with a different tool. Use the separator that the API you're calling requires when specifying parameters. I needed a ? because the webhook ID is in the URL but it depends on the tool.

• boneal
    boneal Member Posts: 4
    edited May 1 #10
    Options

@Iain Ashley I was able to bypass the issue by adding a "&" at the end of the URL. This character is ignored by Power Automate. All other combinations resulted in no trigger of the Power Automate flow. It appears this issue only exists for Automated Webhooks, this issue does not occur, for the exact same Endpoint URL, within regular webhooks. But thank you!

• AliceClovis
    AliceClovis Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

It's disappointing that only administrators can benefit from the global automated webhook functionality.

Here's what I've explained to the support team :

All users in my account should be able to trigger an automation that includes a webhook action. For example, this action can help them enrich data from external providers. Please, delete confusion between the « create automated webhook » reserved for admin users and the availability to trigger the automation (using webhook) by all users. If everyone can trigger the automation, it shouldn’t be stopped for permission problems.