Formatting not supported, so cant be sure our emails look as expected.

Fiona Ashford
Fiona Ashford Member Posts: 8
Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi - new to this...

Was asking the help desk what the font and font size pipedrive uses for its emails and auto-populated fields  (Open sans/14  for mac,  Arial/14 for windows) so our email templates can be made outside of pipedrive and copied in (can't make them in pipedrive because can't even make text different size or colour etc).

Thought that if we used that font and size, then we could paste it in and the auto generated fields such as name etc would all match in because it was all the same font/size in that sentence.

Turns out that not only is that not the case, even emails pasted into templates without any autopopulated fields but with say, a larger heading or different coloured text cant be trusted to look as we expect/ they do on our screen in pipedrive - they could arrive with weird formatting in our prospects inbox :-( 

"As Pipedrive do not support formatting in the e-mails we cannot assure that the  e-mails will not be sent in with a weird formatting." 

- any work around for this so our emails can at least have a coloured or different sized heading etc?

Any workarounds?

Also would that be the same when sending them via outfunnel templates?

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited February 2022 #2

Create the emails directly in Pipedrive vs Copy & Paste from somewhere else.

This way you can know 100% formatting is exact.

• Fiona Ashford
    edited June 2020 #3

Hi Boris,

Trouble is you (I) cant do even basic formatting in pipedrive (size/colour etc) 

I saw on another post that there is this capability but they need to specifically allow us to have access to it?

Thanks, Fiona

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2020 #4

Hi @Fiona Ashford !

We do have a feature that's still in beta that allows you to do some additional text formatting when composing an email from inside Pipedrive. I believe this is the post where you read about it.

I see you have more than one company account with us. For which one would you like me to enable this feature, please?

• Fiona Ashford
    edited June 2020 #5

Thanks Ines!  I see you have enabled it for the 3 companies I look after (Fee Funders / Pet Funders / Real Estate Funders) - thank you.

We have another company called Yachtshare that we'd love you to enable it for too please.

Big thanks! Fiona (and Marcus, the GM of Yachtshare)

• Administrator_14693
    Administrator_14693 Member Posts: 29
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2020 #6

Please enable this feature for Global Soccer Development as well, Thank you in advance, Angelica

• Al Green
    Al Green Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #7

My email signature will not format correctly. Does anyone have a fix?

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited September 2021 #8
    Al Green said:

My email signature will not format correctly. Does anyone have a fix?

You can't have tables in Pipedrive Signatures.

Instead of copying & pasting, just create a new one in PD

• Marcus Hennecke
    Marcus Hennecke Member Posts: 4
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment

Even this does not work properly.

Example: I format everything in size 13. When I then just delete one line, suddenly the following line is formatted with size 14 again.

This makes the whole email-feature un-usable. it sucks!