ENTER i text box

Would have liked to be able to enter in the text box / on person and company. Where you can add / insert your own text boxes.

Now that you write long texts everything becomes a series ...

5ee08508b6f9726e50521e36_92373.png
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,387 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited June 2020 #2

Thanks for sharing @Maria / Lokal Helhet I'll pass it along!

@Bernd Auer do your tricks in the notes with line breaks also work on these fields?

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Posts: 76
    Second Anniversary 10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 24 #3

Hej @Maria / Lokal Helhet ,

I believe you are referring to custom fields which you have defined as text (instead of dropdown, or single option, or other).

Such custom fields are presented in the left-hand column of Pipedrive. I interpret your question to mean that you'd like a long string stored in a custom field, and be able to place line-breaks ("carriage returns") wherever you want, presumably to make the text easier to read.

The "trick" that many web applications use is "shift Enter", instead of just Enter.

At present, the custom field for text in Pipedrive does not support "shift Enter". It would require a code change. Perhaps @Mike van der Valk can pass along that suggestion.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #4

I believe you are referring to custom fields which you have defined as text (instead of dropdown, or single option, or other).

Such custom fields are presented in the left-hand column of Pipedrive. I interpret your question to mean that you'd like a long string stored in a custom field, and be able to place line-breaks ("carriage returns") wherever you want, presumably to make the text easier to read.

The "trick" that many web applications use is "shift Enter", instead of just Enter.

At present, the custom field for text in Pipedrive does not support "shift Enter". It would require a code change. Perhaps @Mike van der Valk can pass along that suggestion.

Passed it along earlier! Thanks Joe!

• Maria / Lokal Helhet
    edited July 2020 #5

Ja det stämmer bra. 

En lång text så man kan skriva mera för att sen kunna använda den i ex. mail utskick (orderbeskrivning) ut mot kund ;) 

• Maria / Lokal Helhet
    edited July 2020 #6

Går det att fixa detta / vore så himla BRA ;) 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 24 #7

Thanks @Maria / Lokal Helhet sharing it once more with the team here!

• Maria / Lokal Helhet
    edited September 2020 #8

Hi how are you doing with this case / would be so heavenly good if you customer get some space in the text (can press eg Enter or down arrow to get this) Thank you Thank you in advance

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #9

Hi @Maria / Lokal Helhet unfortunately there's no priority set for this at the moment by our team. I'm very sorry, this unfortunately happens occasionally when we prioritise all requests and improvements.

I'll do my best to note to our team that this is important but it always needs to be prioritised agains other opportunities. 

• Maria / Lokal Helhet
    edited September 2020 #10

Thank you very much I understand ..