Sending a WhatsApp message in a automation

CMB
CMB Member Posts: 18 VERIFIED MEMBER
10 Comments Name Dropper
edited May 29 in Workflow Automation #1

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to send a WhatsApp message (via Twilio) through an automation?

I have an automation set up to send 2 follow up emails if contact in a Deal doesn't book a call. I'd like the third follow up to be a WhatsApp message but can't see this as an option.

Thanks!

Answers

• Nikolai Sokolov
    Nikolai Sokolov Member Posts: 118 VERIFIED MEMBER
    100 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Up Votes

Sure, works thru zapier/make. No way to pull it off in pipedrive workflow automations tho. But that's a very common scenario: use make to do this.

There's also Timeline.AI which is a more convenient way to sync convos back with pipedrive, while having a nice API integration in make to send out custom messages.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,595 VERIFIED MEMBER
    1000 Comments 250 Likes Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers

You will have to use one Make/Integromat or Zapier or Relay.app and some WhatsApp automation tools (SendPulseWatiTrengo) to get this done.

• CMB
    10 Comments Name Dropper
    edited June 11 #4

Thank you Amit and Nikolai, I'm looking at using Twilio now

• CMB
    10 Comments Name Dropper

Ok, I can't work out how to do this in Twilio either. I just want to be able to automatically send customers a Whatsapp to follow up with them after they've enquired - surely this is a common thing businesses do?

• Nikolai Sokolov

Hi @CMB another way to pull this off is thru make (or zapier). There are direct whatsapp integrations, so the setup is straight forward. trigger is Watch deals in pipedrive, ideally thru filter (easier to maintain without having to adjust make every time you change conditions for the automation to trigger). Then send a message. Then save the message as activity to pipedrive (make a new activity type, i.e. WhatsApp Message). Then filter out all contacts/deals that have received the message.

• Nikolai Sokolov

We can help you with that if make is overwhelming.