Q&A: Optimize your LinkedIn prospecting in 1 click with Surfe X Pipedrive

Dina Osman
Dina Osman Pipedrive Team Posts: 96 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
Third Anniversary 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes
edited June 27 in What's New #1

Hello Pipedrivers,

Thank you all for attending and showing interest in our webinar, "Optimize Your LinkedIn Prospecting in 1 Click with Surfe X Pipedrive." We appreciate your engagement and all the insightful questions. As promised, we have answered them, and you can find the responses in the comment section.

If you missed the webinar, you can watch the recording here: https://pipedrive.hubs.vidyard.com/watch/G1badh6QuAnwE4Cv6iM9LC?

We're also excited to invite you to the second session with Surfe, happening tomorrow, June 18th. Register here: https://app.livestorm.co/pipedrive/generate-more-leads-with-social-selling?type=detailed&utm_source=PCommunity&utm_medium=PCommunity&utm_campaign=Webinar_with_surfe2_community&utm_id=PCommunity

See you soon!

Comments

• Dina Osman

• When you add a new contact, is the company automatically added in the Pipedrive? Yes. If the company already exists in your CRM, the contact will be added to it. If it doesn't we create a new one. To check if the company exists we use 3 criteria: LinkedIn URL, company name and company domain.

• Can you automate adding a Job Title for a person and Industry for an Organisation? Currently its manual. If you mean add these fields when creating a contact from LinkedIn to Pipedrive, yes you can. You just need to map the fields in the Surfe dashboard, in the section Properties mapping.

• Bitte noch einmal kurz wiederholen wie der 50% off Rabatt funktioniert Mit dem von uns geteilten Promo-Code "PD15OFF" bekommen Sie einen Rabat von 15% auf all unsere Pläne, unter der Bedingung, dass Sie sich in den nächsten 7 Tagen für einen paid plan entscheiden.

• Would Navigator become redundant if we use Surfe? It depends on your sales workflow and outreach strategy. If you need to look for a list of leads using specific filters, and mass export them, yes, for now you would need Sales Navigator. Surfe is launching a new product that will cover this part (the persona search) too, so in the future Sales Navigator might be effectively redundant if you already use Surfe.

• I don't understand how to add the enrichment tools with Surfe, could you further explain? There are 5 tools that are already included: Apollo, DropContact, RocketReach, Hunter, ZeroBounce. To have these tools integrated, you don't need to do anything at all. If you want to add more tools, you can find this option in the Surfe dashboard, in the section Tools&Apps. You will find there the list of tools that can be integrated using an API key.

• Pipedrive creates many duplicate Organizations and I spend a lot of time merging or cleaning that up. Frustrating. Is PD aware of this? Thanks for the feedback, will make sure to pass it to our product team. For context: the merge duplicates feature for organisations always checks the organization name and the address, as an organization might have more than one office/branch etc You can read more here. If you're facing specific issues on this topic, please feel free to reach out our Support Team as well. 

• Nel caso che si decida dopo un'anno di terminare il contratto con Surfe, cosa succede a tutti i contatti, deals, lead o tutte le informazioni relative importante in Pipedrive, vengono perse e cancellate o rimangono in Pipedrive ?Grazie complimenti per la integrazione Restano nel CRM. Surfe non elimina i contatti aggiunti durante il contratto. Se si interrompe il contratto, si è spostati automaticamente nel piano gratuito di Surfe, con limitato accesso e limitate funzionalità.

• I started a trial of SURFE a few days ago—it seems pretty good, but I'd love to try it for two months. Is the two-month trial available after my current trial finishes? Yes, the 2 month trial is available for all Pipedrive customers that ARE NOT yet Surfe customers. Pipedrive shared a link with this offer included. If you signed up via another page the discount is not applied, and you have to reach out to our support.

• Tell, please, more about Job Change alerts feature The Contact Updates feature scans your CRM contacts, compares them with the matched LinkedIn URL, and checks for inaccuracies. For the Contact Updates feature to work correctly, it’s vital that you have LinkedIn URLs mapped with Surfe. To avoid inaccuracies, Surfe ensures this updated information is coming from the correct LinkedIn profile by checking the CRM contact against the matched LinkedIn URL. This means Surfe will not be able to provide you with suggested updates if this field is not mapped. 

• Is Surfe also working with the LinkedIn app on mobile and the windows app Surfe doesn't have a mobile version at the moment. 

• How do I sign up and get started? At present I can't see how to do this? Pipedrive shared via email, in the community, in app and during the webinar a link to start the trial.

• Is it possible to set up surfe or pipedrive to make visits and send linkedin invitations? No, it is not possible.

• does the contact details on Pipedrive update automatically when people update their employment status on linkedin We automatically detect contact changes and flag them to you, but then you need to update them one by one with one single click. 

• PRIVACY question. Will the information that is shared with Surfe be used by Surfe for any research or information purposes? Since I will give Surge permission to use my data in Pipedrive.... We do not use specific contacts/account information. What we can use is the data related to the activity of our users in general. Example: with Surfe our users add XX contacts, synced XX messages saving XX amount of hours. 

• In which cases would you recommend to get Sales Navigator with Surf rather than LinkedIn for free? what extra features could we get? With Sales Navigator + Surfe, the only extra feature you have is the possibility to mass export a list of leads to Pipedrive (max 200/day) and mass enrich them. 

• Can we get Surfe for only a few users or is it for all users on PipeDrive? You can have less users on Surfe than on Pipedrive. The number of users on Surfe is not linked to the one on Pipedrive. 

• Dina Osman

• Do the contacts in Pipedrive update when a person changes companies? Yes, thanks to the contact updates feature. We automatically detect contact changes and flag them to you, but then you need to update them one by one with one single click. 

• Are these activities of data acquisition (email, phone) in compliance with privacy laws? Yes, you do have the possibility to restrict the tools used for searching with the "GDPR compliant" option in your dashboard.

• With the email data capture can we also capture other information in Apollo, Rocket Reach, etc. such as number of company employees or approximate company revenue? No, only emails and phone numbers.

• Can we create a lead list and export? Yes, using Surfe + Sales Navigator. 

• What is the legal standard about sending cold email vs. messaging someone in LinkedIn. Talking about cold email is problematic but LinkedIn is fine. We are not aware of legal limitations on LinkedIn messaging apart from sending automatic messaging campaigns - which we don't do.

• Can you automate sequenced messaging to LinkedIn prospects or via email? No. You can use an automation on Pipedrive to do so.

• Can you message on LinkedIn via Pipedrive? No, you can only sync conversations from LinkedIn to Pipedrive, but not sending messages from Pipedrive to LinkedIn.

• I signed up for Surfe last week. Is there a way for me to make sure I'm getting the discount? The offer is only for new users. If you have a trial it can be applied, if you are already a paying customer not.

• How do I map location from LinkedIn to Pipedrive? By mapping the field in the Properties Mapping in the Surfe dashboard

• What about the privacy of the data Surfe provide to us from the LKN profile? Here you have our DPA:

• I already have test. how can i get 50% off? Is was 15%, not 50%. A code was shared during the webinar, but it expired now.

• Does it work on Edge, or only Chrome? Yes, it works on Edge too.

• Kann ich auch meinen bestehenden Surfe Account nehmen, um die 2 Monate for free zu erhalten? Nein, das Angebot gilt NUR für neue Surfe-Benutzer.

• Do you have an extension for Microsoft edge? Surfe works with Edge too.
    • We are already using Pipedrive and Surfe. Can we still use the promo code on our existing plan? No, it is only for new Surfe customers.

• is there a way to sync all the LinkedIn chats at once? No.

• Are you planning extensions for other than Chrome? Not at the moment.

• I would like to know the pricing of Surf Here you have our pricing: https://www.surfe.com/pricing/ 

• How do you map the LinkedIn fields into the associated Pipedrive fields? Can it be customized? Yes, from our dashboard.

• The challenge also is to get leads that can be added to pipdrive. How can help Surfe? We are launching soon a new platform that will allow you to look for leads (similar to Sales Navigator) and enrich them

• How can I use Surfe integrated with Lemlist+Pipedrive? Do you have an example? You can add leads from LinkedIn to cadences on Lemlist.

• LinkedIn typically has not liked to share the spotlight. How are you able to embed the Pipedrive view into the LinkedIn environment? We know LinkedIn and we are in contact with them. What gives us the possibility to have a relationship, even without an official partnership, is the fact that we follow two important rules: 1) we do not run any type of automations on LinkedIn, 2) we don't store the data, we only allow the information to transit from one platform to the other.

• Do you have to subscribe to Sales Navigator to get full functionality. No, on Sales Navigator you only have the mass export of leads as extra feature. But Surfe works perfectly with the free version of LinkedIn.

• I still don't know how to connect Surfe to LinkedIn then to Pipedrive Use the link that Pipedrive shared, it is a guided sign up flow which will drive you through each step.

• Does Sales Nav license is necessary? If not, what is the benefit of having Sales Nav with Surf? Thanks! No, on Sales Navigator you only have the mass export of leads as an extra feature. But Surfe works perfectly with the free version of LinkedIn.

• When you bulk import with Navigator can you prefill fields like "Label"? It depends on what field on LinkedIn would correspond to Label for you. You can customize properties mapping on the Surfe dashboard.

• How much does this cost monthly? Here you have our pricing page: https://www.surfe.com/pricing/ 

• Are you aware that companies like Apollo mine their customers' data from the CRMs and resell it to their own customers? There is no ongoing formal charge against Apollo for this reason that we are aware of. 

• Is it possible to connect or send inmails in bulk or automated somehow? No

• How do you manage multiple employees prospecting to not bombard the same people in LI? Will the emails be managed from PD? How can you track cold calls? Eg Zoom? 1) When a contact is already in your CRM, every user can see this and who is the owner on Pipedrive. 2)You can send emails from LinkedIn too if you have Gmail and they will be synced with Pipedrive. 3) We have an integration with Aircall to call prospects directly from LinkedIn. However the idea is to use the CRM as central platform to keep all the information, and Surfe to handle the prospecting/outreach on LinkedIn. 

• Is it necessary to subscribe to LinkedIn Sales Navigator to use this? No, you can use it on the free version of LinkedIn too. 

• Does it maintain a live connection? Or is there a mass-refresh option? Thanks to the contact updates feature, we automatically detect contact changes and flag them to you, but then you need to update them one by one with one single click. 

• Can I also import/research contacts from Pipedrive to LinkedIn? No, this will have to be done on LinkedIn.

• In which cases would you recommend to get Sales Navigator with Surf rather than LinkedIn for free? what extra features could we get? It depends on your sales workflow and outreach strategy. If you need to look for a list of leads using specific filters, and mass export them, yes, for now you would need Sales Navigator. Surfe is launching a new product that will cover this part (the persona search) too, so in the future Sales Navigator might be effectively redundant if you already use Surfe.

• Is SURFE like en super-LINKMATCH ? LinkMatch has some similar features indeed.

• Can this also be used for inbound purposes in any way? I would need more details on this one with specific use cases. Answering from a personal experience: I use data enrichment to get the right contact information in case email or phone are missing and/or inaccurate, and use the sync messages to have everything centralized in the CRM.

• Dina Osman

• Apollo and other integrations request credits to get intel as mobile numbers. Surfe has access to infinite credits for mobile numbers and other fields with cost in those integrations? Credits are per plan. You can see our pricing page to see how many credits we offer:

• Are you synced with Close ? No.

• What is the Leads Prospector tool you use in Pipedrive? Not sure I understand this question, I would need more clarifications. 

• So, Surfe is a part of Pipedrive, like a tool, right? Without Surfe we won't be able to sync Pipedrive with LinkedIn? Surfe is a separate tool with a native, seamless integration to Pipedrive. So yes, you need Surfe to integrate Pipedrive with LinkedIn.

• Can you create a surfe campaign targeting more than one (at a time) prospects in linkedin? We do have an integration with Salesloft, Outreach and Lemlist to add contacts from LinkedIn directly to a sequence but we don't have this feature natively.

• Is it possible to sync messages into the deal rather than the contact (person)? You cannot sync only to deals, but to both. You can check this article:

• Already using the integration with Sales Nav. When adding a new contact, org info sometimes is not matched to what's currently in Pipedrive and need to merge orgs manually in Pipedrive. Any solution for this? To match companies we use 3 main criteria: LinkedIn URL, company name, company domain. Make sure to correctly map these fields in the dashboard.

• What is the average bounce rate on the emails created through Surfe with the help of the various tools? When we find an email we also verify it, so you immediately know if it is a good email. We have a 93% find rate.

• Are all the phone numbers and email adresses from the data providers verified or are there also "created" mailadresses based on similar adresses e.g. on their companies website? All contact information found is verified by providers.

• Once the field is filled with email or mobile, do we know from which specific source is getting it? Yes, the logo appears when the contact infos are found.

• Does this require a subscription/credits with the integrated contact databases for enrichment? There are 5 tools that are already included: Apollo, DropContact, RocketReach, Hunter, ZeroBounce. To have these tools integrated, you don't need to do anything at all. If you want to add more tools, you can find this option in the Surfe dashboard, in the section Tools&Apps. You will find there the list of tools that can be integrated using an API key. In this case, you need a separate subscription to the other tools.

• How does it work with LinkedIn? Extensions like Apollo etc. are often blocked by LinkedIn, though such services claim it's allowed to use the extension. We do limit some features like the leads export from Sales Navigator which would put your account at risk. We also don't run automations so that your chances to be blocked are drastically reduced.

• How do you manage the Duplicate Organization in Pipedrive when importing a contact ? Pipedrive has a function to detect duplicates, called "merge duplicates", more info here-   the merge duplicates feature for organisations always checks the organization name and the address, as an organization might have more than one office/branch etc You can read more here- https://support.pipedrive.com/en/article/how-does-the-merge-duplicates-feature-identify-duplicates-in-pipedrive  On how to avoid creating duplicates during import, we also recommend to check this useful article-  

• Can you also add an organization? Yes.

• Need to get the campaign kickbacks to update automatically in PD based on accurate LinkedIn company and title info but need to capture their work email. With our enrichment feature, you can capture professional emails and they will be saved automatically to Pipedrive.

• Strictly Chrome, or all chromium browsers? Chrome

• I just need to know how to connect the two softwares so I can started? The link that Pipedrive shared is a guided sign up flow for you to easily connect Surfe and Pipedrive :)

• What's the differentiator between Surfe and Dripify? Dripify is an automation tool to run sequences. We do not run automations on LinkedIn. 

• can we do this with a company page ? You can add contacts, companies and deals.

• Data Sharing: Does SURFE share our data with any third parties? If so, please provide details on who these third parties are and the nature of the data shared. Surfe uses some curated third party providers to deliver its service (cloud hosting, enrichment tools, ...). The purpose and nataure of data shared can be consulted in our Data Protection Agreement:

• What does Surfe use for contact info sourcing? Does Surfe allow for other integrations, for example with Rocketreach or Zoominfo?? There are 5 tools that are already included: Apollo, DropContact, RocketReach, Hunter, ZeroBounce. To have these tools integrated, you don't need to do anything at all. If you want to add more tools, you can find this option in the Surfe dashboard, in the section Tools&Apps. You will find there the list of tools that can be integrated using an API key.

• To your knowledge, does using a tool like Surfe create any issues with the LinkedIn terms of usage? No but it has to be used correctly. If you don't use Linkedin a lot, and all of a sudden you add hundreds of contacts in one day, LinkedIn might think that it is an automation and then send you a notice message.

• I'm interested in how this tool is different from Prospector in Pipedrive? Prospector is more similar to Sales Navigator, as it creates lists of leads but doesn't allow you to work on LinkedIn or sync LinkedIn information. 

• Does Surfe work for the Spanish market? I mean, is there a big database with emails, phones, etc? Thanks a lot. The providers we use for enrichment focus mainly, but not only, on US and EMEA. 

• JamesAtTCA
    JamesAtTCA Member Posts: 6 VERIFIED MEMBER
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

I'm enjoying Surfe integration, but the lack of it on iOS is problematic. I realize this could be more of an iOS limitation, but is there something you might be able to build that lets us tag a contact or company in some way on mobile and then use the desktop to run the sync? I realize how vague this request is, but I am constantly texting or emailing myself contacts/companies to add in the morning when I'm back at my desk.