Team Inbox

Options
Joe Ryan
Joe Ryan Member Posts: 8

We should be able to use team inboxes. Like info@...

Currently our company does this - but it makes managing the inbox inside Pipedrive a nightmare!
Pipedrive should have some filters for the inbox, far superior to what is already there - it's extremely weak.
We should be able to filter, and see emails linked with a deal owned by us/another. This means each team member, can jump into the team inbox, and deal with their own deal's emails. But still have the ability to deal with other team members also. For instance, if they are on holiday etc.

Pipedrive is miles behind competitors on this front.

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Joe Ryan , thank you for your feedback and for exposing your use case so clearly! I have made sure your suggestion reaches our team for consideration.

In the meantime, there is an option you can use within Pipedrive if you're handling more than one email account: How do I add an Alternative email address for Smart Email BCC?

Users can also use their email visibility settings to make the messages visible to their colleagues: 

• Joe Ryan
    edited June 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Joe Ryan , thank you for your feedback and for exposing your use case so clearly! I have made sure your suggestion reaches our team for consideration.

In the meantime, there is an option you can use within Pipedrive if you're handling more than one email account: How do I add an Alternative email address for Smart Email BCC?

Users can also use their email visibility settings to make the messages visible to their colleagues: 

@Inês Batata  

Thanks for your reply. But none of these suggestions address the issue at hand.

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #4
    Options

@Joe Ryan A good alternative could be one of the integrations from our marketplace, like Front, for example. Check them out here.

• Joe Ryan
    edited June 2020 #5
    Options

@Inês Batata , and add a further cost for each user in an economic crash? Not really a good solution.

Hubspot has this, along with a whole host of your competitors, and I believe on their free plan too - maybe we should switch to them?

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #6
    Options

Hi @Joe Ryan , apologies for the delayed response.

I've checked internally with our team and unfortunately at the moment we have no plans for team inboxes. However, your feedback has been taken and we are aware there is much more we could do around Sales Email Inbox that will allow sales teams to work more efficiently.

• Paul_5750
    Paul_5750 Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2020 #7
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata 

Thanks for reporting your discussion with the team. The fact there is no plan for team/virtual inbox is a serious concern. It sound like Pipedrive targets solopreneur or small business that have not reach the need to have multiple employees handling requests without affecting the prospect / customer experience or dropping requests. 

• Joe Ryan
    edited June 2020 #8
    Options

@Paul  100% agree with this.

I'm aware that most of Pipedrive's competitors offer this. So I can't understand why it's not even being considered or worked on at all?!
    Essentially, it's just an email filter really. We already have email filters, so why doesn't Pipedrive just create a more advanced version?
    Today I get a popup inside pipedrive about a new interface, that for intents and purposes doesn't appear to provide anything new, other than moving items about on my screen (yet again).

• Inês Batata
    edited June 2020 #9
    Options

@Joe Ryan and @Paul thank you for your feedback. We understand your frustration. At the moment we haven't decided to go ahead with adding new features to the Email Sync feature because we have prioritized honing in and improving the capabilities it already has and the way they're experienced by users.

We are aware that there's still many ways it can be expanded but first we want to have a solid ground for that and unfortunately there's a limited number of concurrent developments that can be carried on in the same set of features. That being said, your detailed feedback of how that would improve use cases like yours is very valuable and I've made sure it's reached the team for future reference.

• Joe Ryan
    edited July 2020 #10
    Options

I don't know how a re-design for the nth time of the visuals is a higher priority? 

• Martin Leblanc_6868
    Martin Leblanc_6868 Member Posts: 10
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #11
    Options

Hi @Inês Batata 

It is quite astonishing that the heart of a CRM is to handle customer/prospect data including emails and that Pipedrive feels good about not supporting team inbox which represent a very common email application these days. 

Team inbox like support@pipedrive.com sales@... are frequently use allowing a team to anonymously reply to inquiries insuring no email is left without an answer (where it could be if is was send to an individual is being absent or busy). Pipedrive sharing email concept does not fit the need as one employee must connect to the team inbox and is can to reply anonymously but all other employee to whom this team inbox is shared will have the only option to reply personally and from there prospect/customer replies will done toward this individual destroying the whole concept of the team inbox. Also, when it comes to bulk email usually done for marketing and sales purposes where email are usually sent anonymously, Pipedrive does not ease this forcing one employee to register the anonymous email address to allow sending anonymous bulk email. 

Third party applications like Missive (which is probably the best in the industry at managing team emails) are a very incomplete and complex solutions to use where back and forth are needed between them and Pipedrive to see the prospect/customer email history (Much less convenient in Missive for example). Also personalize email template using Pipedrive custom fields cannot be use nor bulk email. Of course there is an extra fee for using a third party application but also involve a "fourth party" application and fee like Piesync to synchronize contact within Missive. When adding all these application complexity rise in data management and internal processes. The price of the solution goes up and make Pipedrive much less appealing in term of price and ease of use. 

Also the question becomes, why Pipedrive as a CRM wants their customers to spread their CRM data every where in multiple third party applications? 

• Inês Batata
    edited July 2020 #12
    Options

Hi @Martin Leblanc , we appreciate your feedback. Pipedrive's email sync feature was designed thinking of the way individual users would use it - that's the reason why it's not naturally flexible when inboxes are shared and users find the roadblocks you mentioned.

As you can imagine, redesigning or making changes to an entire feature is a complex process that needs to be very well thought out and executed. We have been making improvements to our email sync that are not apparent to users but that we know are beneficial in the background, and more recently we've tackled the need for email marketing capabilities by joining Mailigen to our offer (more on this later this year).

Because so far it has not been possible to have a tool that is a swiss army knife and we don't want to spread ourselves too thin, we have opted for focusing on specializing in certain aspects and creating bridges for our users to connect Pipedrive to other tools that do what they do very well too - that's where our integrations come in. Of course we understand that this doesn't solve all cases, but we are always thinking of how we can improve our users' experience and make their lives easier with minimum complexity, and that's why we appreciate your feedback and include users in our research programs and beta testing.

I've taken the suggestions and pain points raised in this discussion and brought them to our team's attention internally, so we can consider them when discussing future developments.

• Yang
    Yang Member Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I have the same issue.

I managed it sharing the content of the team inbox via our mail server shared folder solution. This works.

But, I have a very unpleasant issue : when I delete a mail from my outlook/webmail, this email stays in Pipedrive mailbox causing all my users to delete their mail twice.

This is a dramatic waste of time and nobody can solve this issue.

• CarlosPD
    Options

Hey @Yang !👋🏼

Sorry for our limitation you are needing to workaround, I surely hope this is something we address in the near future.

I did want to chime in however on the deletion behavior you are describing. To clarify, our email sync relies on folders. If we detect that a mail message's folder has changed, and it has changed to the folder "Trash", we mark it as deleted on our side.

I did find your case with support and noticed the command you shared does not move your email to the "Trash" folder, but instead deletes the message directly from your server. When using this command, it does not move the email to the trash folder and therefore the message remains as not deleted on our end.

Typically people connected via IMAP move emails to the trash folder before they permanently delete the email, so the issue you are seeing does not appear often. I understand however your process, why do double the work and move it to trash, then delete, when you can just delete upfront. Your process is something that should be considered and I can confirm the agent on your case has already forwarded this as feedback.

For now, we'd recommend either deleting the emails from within Pipedrive, or if working from your provider, moving the emails to your trash folder first, then bulk deleting them from that folder.

Hope this helps clarify at-least some of the limitation you are facing! If you need any further clarification our support will be happy to assist.

• Yang
    Yang Member Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    Options

I think you misundestood my case : when I delete an email from my INBOX, my server simply move the mail from the INBOX to the Deleted Items folder

[30/Nov/2022 23:39:12] {MOVE} Protocol: HTTP/WebMail, User: xxx@yyy.fr, IP: a.b.c.d, Folder: ~xxx@yyy.fr/INBOX, Destination Folder: ~xxx@yyy.fr/Deleted Items, From: "Pipedrive Community" <community@pipedrive.com>, Subject: "[Pipedrive Community] CarlosPD mentioned you in Team Inbox", Msg-Id: <<AwdiR874opvNfz91HtdB6JbdlSSjFpkETL