The community will undergo scheduled maintenance to implement a vital security update on March 21, between 3pm and 8pm GMT (11am to 4pm EDT). Expect minimal disruption, with possible intermittent performance issues during this update.

Margin with goals

Alexandre Assous
Alexandre Assous Member Posts: 6
Photogenic First Anniversary

Hi,

We created a deal's field to track margin of a deal. To follow activity of our sales team, we track their margin monthly goal :

So we would like to create on Pipedrive a monthly goal of this field. Unfortunately, the goals are possible only with number of deals or values of deals. Is it possible to create a new feature to choose another type of goal ?

Thanks !

Alex

5ee72d6b8a1cbe6cfbb4c310_51356.png
5ee72d773fe9ca62e645b641_92633.png
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Shaun Jones
    Shaun Jones Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2020 #2

Hi Alex

I asked the same question a few days back and unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. See response below.

Unfortunately this is not possible, the goals can only be set on the total value. However, if this is always in even proportion to the GP value you could potentially put your goal a bit higher to reflect that. Nonetheless, I'll share you suggestion with out team.

Shaun Jones

3 days ago

Thanks for the info Mike.

Unfortunately or GP % is in most cases different for each deal, so your suggestion is not suitable. 

I have set up a custom field to show the GP as a value within the deal and wanted to link this value and not the deal value? 

Mike van der Valk PIPEDRIVE EMPLOYEE

3 days ago

Hi @Shaun Jones unfortunately custom fields are currently only available in our Insights reporting but not yet in our goal setting. Nonetheless, I get your use case, thanks for further explaining and I'll pass on your suggestions to our team.

• Shaun Jones
    Shaun Jones Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2020 #3

Hi Alex

I asked the same question a few days back and unfortunately this is not possible at the moment. See response below.

Unfortunately this is not possible, the goals can only be set on the total value. However, if this is always in even proportion to the GP value you could potentially put your goal a bit higher to reflect that. Nonetheless, I'll share you suggestion with out team.

Shaun Jones

3 days ago

Thanks for the info Mike.

Unfortunately or GP % is in most cases different for each deal, so your suggestion is not suitable. 

I have set up a custom field to show the GP as a value within the deal and wanted to link this value and not the deal value? 

Mike van der Valk PIPEDRIVE EMPLOYEE

3 days ago

Hi @Shaun Jones unfortunately custom fields are currently only available in our Insights reporting but not yet in our goal setting. Nonetheless, I get your use case, thanks for further explaining and I'll pass on your suggestions to our team.

• Alexandre Assous
    edited June 2020 #4

Hi @Shaun Jones thank you for your reply. I checked Insights reporting, but it's not possible to use a "number" personnal field (even with the paid plan, the field is not available)... :(

(my field is "Marge")

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    edited October 2020 #5

Hi @Alexandre Assous , thank you for your detailed feedback!

As mentioned above, we are still developing Insights for it to cross-reference with Goals and also other types of custom fields, so expect good news in the future. 

I can also tell you that having fields that perform calculations (profit margin, commissions, etc) is also in our plans, so stay tuned! Join our Research and Beta testing channel to be the first to know, if you haven't yet.

Your suggestion to have more types of Goals has been forwarded internally for consideration. 

• Alexandre Assous
    edited June 2020 #6

Hi @Inês Batata thank you for your message, I stay tuned... :)

Alex

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,087
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    edited December 2020 #7

Good news, Goals are now live in Insights! 🚀 Read all about it here.

Pro tips: