Append to custom field using automation/workflow

Harj Gadhvi
Harj Gadhvi Member Posts: 20
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Does anyone know how I can append data from a Deal custom field to a Person and Org company fields using a workflow or automation process?

I have the same custom field across Deal, Person and Org records and when a new Deal is created and the custom field updated, I want the value(s) to append to the Person and Org record custom fields, but have been advised by the support team this is not possible.  Wondered if anyone knew of another tool that could help me achieve this?  The field is a multi option field.

2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2020 #2

Hi @Harj Gadhvi !

Any of the integration platforms listed in our marketplace (Zapier among others) would be a good option, yes. I did a quick search for you, check it out here.

I've also sent your suggestion to the team so they can take it into consideration. Thank you for your feedback!

• Nick Berry
    Nick Berry Member Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #3

I do this using zapier. 

• Harj Gadhvi
    edited June 2020 #4

I do this using zapier. 

Thanks Nick.  I don't suppose you could send me a screen grab of your zap, just that step that appends the custom option field?

• Nick Berry
    Nick Berry Member Posts: 11
    First Comment
    edited June 2020 #5

I do this using zapier. 

Just enter the text in the field, then select the data you want to add from the options in zapier
  • Harj Gadhvi
    edited June 2020 #6

I do this using zapier. 

This didn't work with Zapier.  You can update the Person and Org fields with what's in the Deal value, but you can't append to the fields, it overwrites what's already in there.