Xero integration is pointless

Right now you have a Xero integration which means I can create an invoice in Pipedrive. This does not solve the flow of how any business works with an accounting software. 

1. Sales process which means we create a quote/proposal
  2. Win deal and now need to create invoice
  3. Products in Deal now should have option to auto create invoice in .... (Our case, Xero)
  4. Draft invoice raised in Xero (Products, Organisation details, possibly/hopefully custom field)

Your current process is manual and I may as well go straight to Xero. Other than the obvious benefits, this also means that your Pipedrive becomes central point for all products and ultimately what a CRM should do. 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,387 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited February 24 #2

Thanks @Michael Enslin for sharing. I'm checking with the team what their plans are around the topic and will get back to you.

• Michael Enslin
    Michael Enslin Posts: 19
    edited March 2020 #3

Thanks @Michael Enslin for sharing. I'm checking with the team what their plans are around the topic and will get back to you.

Thanks Mike. Right now all they’ve done is move the work load, and hoping it’s a first phase to pushing products and creating draft too. The fact that this was not done in the first instance makes little sense. 

• Bruno Domingos_176
    Bruno Domingos_176 Ex-Pipedrivers Posts: 35
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited April 2020 #4

Hi @Michael Enslin 

Thanks for your feedback. We have been collecting feedback about this integration and we have plans to improve it in the second half of 2020. Currently we are focused on building a solution to tackle quotes and proposals in Pipedrive.

Please let me know if you have interest on trying out this feature. 
    Also, when time is due, would you be available to join a call to discuss further your pains around the invoicing process (including the Xero integration)?

Thanks
    Bruno

• Michael Enslin
    edited April 2020 #5

Thanks @Bruno Domingos

Appreciate the update but not sure i understand why.

Why would you be focusing on quotes and proposal, which I now have access to, when you have integrations which make it seamless. PandaDoc is a great example. This quotes/ proposals integration thus far links to google docs, meaning I need to build my documents in there, more uneeded work.

Point is, you're focusing on a problem you do not have. PandaDoc (other such software) does all the document creation and styling for you. Give you metrics which  specific to this (if you want it) and is fed products from CRM (Pipedrive), as it should. 

Xero, one of the global leaders in Account Software for SME's, feels like a better use of time. Or I assume there will be a fee to having Pipedrive documents, hence priority?Please could you help me to understand why integrating with the most important software in any business thoroughly is more important than documentation (which is already solved). 

I am indeed available to join in on a call, just let me know when. 

• Jeff Gluck_720
    Jeff Gluck_720 Posts: 3
    Integration Partner
    edited February 24 #6

Hey @Michael Enslin , it sounds like our integration with Pipedrive would be a good solution for you... 

https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/paycove/a53d418f2e79b7cd

The team at Paycove has built a quoting, invoicing and payments integration that can handle more advanced customization and process automation - including  syncing your data with accounting software like Xero. 

Paycove allows you to automatically create quotes and invoices directly from Pipedrive. Our software has customizable templates that you can populate dynamically with your Pipedrive's deal/org/custom field data and your company's branding.

We also have an integration with Xero that allows our users to sync their Paycove invoice data (including line items, product codes and tax codes) with Xero. 

Here's more information specific to the Pipedrive/Xero capabilities: 

https://paycove.io/xero

Feel free to reach out to us on our website's chat - we'd be happy to get you setup with a demo and a free trial.

Best,

Jeff

• Michael Enslin
    edited March 2020 #7

Hey @Michael Enslin , it sounds like our integration with Pipedrive would be a good solution for you... 

https://marketplace.pipedrive.com/app/paycove/a53d418f2e79b7cd

The team at Paycove has built a quoting, invoicing and payments integration that can handle more advanced customization and process automation - including  syncing your data with accounting software like Xero. 

Paycove allows you to automatically create quotes and invoices directly from Pipedrive. Our software has customizable templates that you can populate dynamically with your Pipedrive's deal/org/custom field data and your company's branding.

We also have an integration with Xero that allows our users to sync their Paycove invoice data (including line items, product codes and tax codes) with Xero. 

Here's more information specific to the Pipedrive/Xero capabilities: 

https://paycove.io/xero

Feel free to reach out to us on our website's chat - we'd be happy to get you setup with a demo and a free trial.

Best,

Jeff

Thanks @Jeff Gluck - I'll take a look this week. 

• Michael Enslin
    edited April 29 #8

@Bruno Domingos - Xero integration or workaround here has not been found. Can we please grab a call or have a discussion on this with you or one of your team?

@Jeff Gluck  - I appreciate the help but the demo I had was genuinely terrible and ultimately Xero does everything I was showed, and so much more. The integration between Pipedrive and Xero will inevitably happen, as with any CRM and Accounts software, at which point all that i was showed is null n void. 

• Jeff Gluck_720
    Jeff Gluck_720 Posts: 3
    Integration Partner
    edited April 29 #9

@Michael Enslin thanks for the feedback and thanks for taking the time to learn more about Paycove.

My understanding was that you were looking for a more automated process for assembling quotes/invoices, accepting payments and syncing the data with Xero for bookkeeping.

You had mentioned a problem that we hear often - that the billing workflow from sales to accounting is broken.

Pipedrive’s invoicing feature does a great job of satisfying the invoicing needs of most businesses, but we’ve learned from our customers that billing workflows are not one-size-fits-all.

Most of our customers, especially larger enterprises – need more customization, automation or integrations to successfully transform their business process.

I didn’t mean to suggest Paycove is an accounting software or a replacement for Xero, but with our integration between Pipedrive and Xero you would be able to satisfy the requirements you had listed here:

• Sales process which means we create a quote/proposal
    • Win deal and now need to create invoice
    • Products in Deal now should have option to auto create invoice in .... (Our case, Xero)
    • Draft invoice raised in Xero (Products, Organisation details, possibly/hopefully custom field)

Were those points not demonstrated for you? If you’d be interested, I’d be happy to loop in our VP of Sales who can talk through your specific needs along with how, if necessary, we could address them with our Enterprise offering (https://paycove.io/enterprise). What would be the best way to get in touch with you?

• Michael Enslin
    edited February 24 #10

@Bruno Domingos or @Mike van der Valk - any updates here?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 2020 #11

@Bruno Domingos or @Mike van der Valk - any updates here?

@Michael Enslin checking with @Bruno Domingos  ;) 

• Nicholas Hudson
    Nicholas Hudson Posts: 1
    edited February 24 #12

@Bruno Domingos @Mike van der Valk as per @Michael Enslin 's comments quote needs to come before invoicing even a simple API which pushes the customer data across to XERO's new quote page would keep a decent workflow. With a bit of fiddling around you can create acceptably good looking docx quotes in Xero print them in PDF and send them from Pipedrive. This keeps the sales people moving and the accounts happy that their tracking data is in Xero.

I am deciding if we should implement pipedrive in my new company but the only work around I could see is creating a draft invoice to get the contact data across and them use the contact data to create quote but this would possible create a bunch of unused draft invoice to confuse account dept.

A docx quoting feature in Pipedrive would be gladly accepted but I can understand it take longer.

Cheers keep me in the loop with updates.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #13

@Bruno Domingos @Mike van der Valk as per @Michael Enslin 's comments quote needs to come before invoicing even a simple API which pushes the customer data across to XERO's new quote page would keep a decent workflow. With a bit of fiddling around you can create acceptably good looking docx quotes in Xero print them in PDF and send them from Pipedrive. This keeps the sales people moving and the accounts happy that their tracking data is in Xero.

I am deciding if we should implement pipedrive in my new company but the only work around I could see is creating a draft invoice to get the contact data across and them use the contact data to create quote but this would possible create a bunch of unused draft invoice to confuse account dept.

A docx quoting feature in Pipedrive would be gladly accepted but I can understand it take longer.

Thanks for the additional comments @Nicholas Hudson we're actually cooking something around documents/proposals in Pipedrive. Since you're still deciding to go with Pipedrive or not, perhaps you can reach out to our support team via the in-app chat or [email protected] and ask if you can join the BETA testing for that?

• Michael Kagan
    Michael Kagan Posts: 1
    edited October 2020 #14

Hey everyone!

I have a workflow that I wonder if you could help me actualize.

1. Create a Deal in pipedrive

2. Advance the deal to the product selection stage of my pipeline ("journey pending") and add product and quantity selection (typically one to two products are added)

3. Advance the deal to the final stage of my pipeline ("everyone wins")

4. Automatically generate an invoice/online invoice (with Stripe payment button) in xero using the pipedrive information (client and deal specific info)

5. send a templated email to the client that includes some of the information from the deal (deal title and product selection) and the link to the online invoice.

6. update the pipedrive person/deal record with the invoice number and payment status.

• Ryan Rosen
    Ryan Rosen Posts: 4
    edited January 2021 #15

@Mike van der Valk Any updates on this?  We have been enjoying Pipedrive overall and have really started to automate using Zapier (as the built in automation tools are a bit limiting) but the Xero integration is really where we are stuck. How's the update coming along on automating the Sales Invoice process? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #16

@Ryan Rosen there's unfortunately no clear plan at the moment :( I'm going to pass this on to our team again. Our goal is to make sure that you can send your proposals and also get them paid over time. 

• Ryan Rosen
    Ryan Rosen Posts: 4
    edited January 2021 #17

Thanks @Mike van der Valk . There are several parts that are a bit mind boggling about the current integration, but the key ones that stand out to me are:

• When in pipedrive you mark an invoice "approved", it shows "waiting for payment" in pipedrive, but the invoice was not actually sent in Xero. What's the point of "approving" the invoice if that action doesn't do anything?
    • The fact that we can't save the paid invoice in Pipedrive unless we use the built in integration is odd.
    • The fact that we manually have to pull the deal value, discount, etc without being able to tell it which fields in pipedrive to pull from
    • When you use the built in integration, not enough data is pulled over to Xero (like the contact name of the deal) so you can't *send the default email to the contact name but only to the organizations name. (*You can only pull the organization name or contact name for invoicing purposes, but not both.)
    • Once you've actually sent the invoice (created through the pipedrive integration), there is no way to "trigger" other actions in your workflow with Zapier, because certain values like DealID, don't come with it.  

There are many more that I could go on and on with. I am happy to help, but it would be very valuable to have a timeline for this update to occur as I know it was initially planned for the end of last year.

Thank you!  

• Mike van der Valk
    edited January 2021 #18

Hi @Ryan Rosen 

That's great detailed input for our team. I'm currently forwarding this to them. I don't know what our plans/timeline is with the Xero integration but when we'll take a look I make sure they take your feedback to heart. Thanks for sharing!

• Bruno Domingos_176
    Bruno Domingos_176 Ex-Pipedrivers Posts: 35
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited January 26 #19

Hi @Ryan Rosen 

We are currently working on the integration and some of the aspects above are being addressed. We will most probably have a prototype ready to test soon so stay tuned with the Community.

Let me also know should you want to be an early tester of the solution once ready.

Thanks
    Bruno