Create leads based on incoming email

Fredrik Tham
Fredrik Tham Member Posts: 2
5 Up Votes First Anniversary

It would be great if leads could be created based on incoming emails. Example: Any email sent to leads+yourcompany@enqlare.com create a lead in the inbox. We often get emails from our website and other forms that generate emails to a sales inbox.

Tagged:
14 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited June 2020 #2

@Fredrik Tham interesting idea! Passing this on to the team!

• Marlie Louwers
    Marlie Louwers Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #3

Happy you asked the question Fredrik. This would make a lot of sense, now it feels a bit double next to your regular inbox. Looking forward to hear if this will be available at one point!

• Chris G
    Chris G Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited August 2020 #4

yes, please add this feature!

• Matt Vernon-Clinch
    Matt Vernon-Clinch Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2020 #5

Adding my voice to this.  From the 'Mail' inbox inside Pipedrive, being able to 'Create Deal' or 'Create Lead' would be extremely helpful.  Would allow the distinction between unqualified leads, and qualified deal opportunities.

• John Shelburne
    John Shelburne Member Posts: 41
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #6

Great idea.
    If a more information form exists on website, can we convert to lead?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2022 #7

Thanks all for the additional votes ;) I'll pass it along to the team. @Matt Vernon-Clinch fyi, it is possible to create deals already from incoming emails. If you open an email in the inbox then on the right side of the screen you can see items that are linked or if possible create new items from your email such as deals.

• Matt Vernon-Clinch
    edited February 2021 #8

@Mike van der Valk - absolutely, this is my current workflow.  I was really just saying it would also be useful to create a New Lead in this same manner too.  Not all emails resolve into qualified Deals.

• Lukas Spieldiener
    Lukas Spieldiener Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #9

This function would be really important (and is also a negative point mentioned in quite some online reviews i found). Hope this gets added soon

• Kent Plummer
    Kent Plummer Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #10

Yes please to this feature.  Lead input from LinkedIn forms, Facebook forms, partners and 3rd parties via email or other means into Pipedrive.  The Pipedrive webforms feature is not always viable.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2022 #11

Hi all,

It's in the pipeline to start working on connecting the email section of Pipedrive to the leads section. I'll pass this on to the team who will work on it.

• Errol Newson
    Errol Newson Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2022 #12

Is there anyway to do this yet, this is exactly what I need right now.

E

• Mike van der Valk
    edited October 2021 #13

E

Hi @Errol Newson 

A team is starting works on connecting the email and leads section next week. One of the improvements will be that from synced emails to Pipedrive you can create leads. I'll make sure they also take a look at the emailing to a specific address to create a lead. Not sure if it's in the scope at the moment.

• Gerrit Meyer
    Gerrit Meyer Member Posts: 6
    edited January 2021 #14

E

Hi @Mike van der Valk, can you already tell when to expect this feature? 

Thanks!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #15

E

Hi @Gerrit Meyer unfortunately I can't give out any dates or rough ETA. I don't want to overpromise as sometimes technical solutions can become complex and take longer than planned. However, we have a team working on it as it is so hopefully not too long!

• Ryan Faircloth
    Ryan Faircloth Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #16

Add me to the list of upvotes.  Is there a zap to a 3rd party software that could accomplish this now?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #17

Add me to the list of upvotes.  Is there a zap to a 3rd party software that could accomplish this now?

You could potentially use the email parser by Zapier and then push a lead to Pipedrive @Ryan Faircloth 

• Miguel Soares_29740
    Miguel Soares_29740 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2021 #18

Thanks all for the additional votes ;) I'll pass it along to the team. @Matt Vernon-Clinch fyi, it is possible to create deals already from incoming emails. If you open an email in the inbox then on the right side of the screen you can see items that are linked or if possible create new items from your email such as deals.

This is something that i am asking several years.

Please, please provide this.

• Miguel Soares_29740
    edited February 2021 #19

Hi Mike

Can you explain this option better.

• Gerrit Meyer
    Gerrit Meyer Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2021 #20

We've realized it using a website form and the API. Skipping the email. Maybe that helps

• Miguel Soares_29740
    edited February 2021 #21

I know, i know , we are trying to do the same. but that is not a 100% good solution because sometimes leads dont come from the website and enter directly in our email inbox.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #22

Hi @Miguel Soares you can learn here how it works and then push the info through Zapier to Pipedrive: https://parser.zapier.com/

• Miguel Soares_29740
    edited February 2021 #23

Hello Mike  @Mike van der Valk 

Yes, i am already doing this but you have an error

We are already trying to apply a ZAPIER to use the API on the leads, but there is an important error that i thing you should fix. 

Becase in ZAPIER in this configuration it doesnt allow us to make the automation because it says that we need to define the PERSON and/or ORGANIZATION. 

But this is an error because most of the times we are talking about new LEADS therefore there is no PERSON and ORGANIZATION yet created.

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2021 #24

Hey hey, Miguel!

Vladimir from Pipedrive management team is here to help.

I am sorry to hear that you are getting an error  from Zapier and let us see if we can get to the bottom of it.

When adding a Lead through the Add Lead dialog, you will need to include at least two fields. The Lead's title (mandatory), and one of the following:

• Person's name
    • Organization

It is indeed a mandatory step when Creating a lead to either also create a linked contact or a linked organisation.

So, I just wanted to check - you are also specifying a contact person/org name at the same time?

Above is an example of how a lead can be created from an email that was labelled in Gmail with a certain label (the flow should be similar whichever program you are using to parse information to Pipedrive from.

Hope you can adjust the flow in Zapier and test it again.

Hope that helps, 

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Miguel Soares_29740
    edited February 2021 #25

Hi @Vladimir Dubakin 

We did exactly what you mentioned but it gives error

https://prnt.sc/ydluza

https://prnt.sc/ydlxir

Any comments ?

MS

• Vladimir Dubakin
    Vladimir Dubakin Posts: 60
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2021 #26

Thank you for sharing the screenshots,  Miguel!

Looks like Zapier is not parsing the Lead and contact person information at the same time and thus you are presented with an error.

Or, even more likely - instead of creating both a lead and a contact - Zapier is attempting to create a lead and link it to an existing contact, which is not the way it should work.

I also consulted our Marketplace integrations' manager and he is puzzled as well, but, he will send a request for Zapier to investigate the error and will see if there is a temporary workaround that can be found ( unfortunately it does seem like an issue from their end).

Would you be kind and address the issue to Zapier from your end as well? 

It could work if you create a two step Zapier - when a contact person is created on the first step and only as second action a lead is created but with my account level I cannot test that.

If there will be any update from the marketplace manager / Zapier, I will also let you know.

Kind regards,

Vladimir

• Miguel Soares_29740
    edited July 2022 #27

@Vladimir Dubakin 

Buts that exactly what i am not understandig.

Why PIPEDRIVE is requesting the  PERSON or ORGANIZATION connection ?!

Most of the LEADS are new to our company ( 90% of them), thats exactly why they are called LEADS, therefore that person/organization dont exist yet.

PIPEDRIVE should not make the person/organization assign as mandatory, because in fact we need to decide if that particular LEAD is indeed a LEAD or not, and because of that, that particular person/organization that send as an email or form, maybe we dont want them to be part of our PIPEDRIVE database ( persons / organizations)

• Christian Petrou
    Christian Petrou Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #28

BUMP & FOLLOWING - working on solving this as well.

• Miguel Soares_29740
    edited February 2021 #29

@Vladimir Dubakin  ?

• Christian Petrou
    Christian Petrou Member Posts: 7
    First Comment
    edited February 2021 #30

Any updates here?

• Matt Vernon-Clinch
    edited February 2022 #31

As per my original request (I think some threads got merged?) looking to get the Inbox connected to the Leads so that Leads can be started from emails in the inbox, as well Leads able to hold email conversations. 

Very keen for an update too.