Optional data fields for different Pipelines

Georg Wässa
Georg Wässa Member Posts: 18
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
edited August 2023 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hi,

I have two different pipelines and made a lot of custom fields for my deals.

For the deals in pipeline A, I need the custom fields 1 to 5

For my deals in pipeline B, I need the custom fields 6 to 10

Well when I create a new deal in pipeline A, pipedrive shows me all the custom fields 1 to 10 even though  I only need 1 to 5. The fields 6 to 10 are useless and error-prone, cause my employees fill in the data in the wrong fields. So I would like to have an option that only these fields are selectable which are allowed for the specific pipeline.

Thanks for helping

18 votes

Completed · Last Updated

18 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• David Spear
    David Spear Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #2

Pipelines by definition are different than each other.  Therefore, we need the functionality to choose what fields we want associated with each pipeline, so when we enter a new pipeline deal, it is only asking us to enter the fields that are really needed for that pipeline and not all fields for all pipelines!

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited January 2023 #3

Thank you for your feedback, @David Spear !

I can tell you that this is a possibility we have been considering, so good news might come in the future. Make sure to join the Research and Beta Testing group if you'd like to be the first to know and possibly incorporate early testing phases of upcoming features.

Meanwhile, a helpful alternative might be to use the Important Fields and mark each specific custom field as important only for it's relevant pipeline/stages.

In any case, I have reinforeced your suggestion internally to our team. 🚀

• Kingsley Holdaway
    Kingsley Holdaway Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2022 #4

Hi guys. Great work with the updates so far to the 'Customize data fields' section. 

There is just one more option I believe you should add, "Visible only in 'xyz' pipeline" combined with the pipeline stages that it pertains to, that way pipelines for one type of product or service aren't being clogged up with empty fields which have nothing to do with the current deal.

Anyone else think this would be useful?

• David Spear
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #5

I can tell you that this is a possibility we have been considering, so good news might come in the future. Make sure to join the Research and Beta Testing group if you'd like to be the first to know and possibly incorporate early testing phases of upcoming features.

Meanwhile, a helpful alternative might be to use the Important Fields and mark each specific custom field as important only for it's relevant pipeline/stages.

I haven't found real use for the important field tag.  In addition to having unique fields for each pipeline, you should also not show fields in the detail view with no info.  For now it clutters that view, since I have so many fields that are not applicable  to some pipelines.  since you fix the issue and have unique fields for each pipeline I wpuld want all of them shown to drive behavior to complete all the info for the pipeline.

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited April 2023 #6

Unless I am mistaken, there is a project already underway to include this functionality.
    But I may be mistaken!

It would be a good idea.

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2023 #7

Hi @Kingsley Holdaway , thank you for your suggestion!

I believe you mean you'd like for Mandatory Fields to also be selectable by stage and not necessarily for the entire pipeline (like we have for Important fields), am I correct? I'm happy to tell you that's in our plans and I've forwarded your feedback internally to the team. 

If you'd like to be the first to know what's coming up and get the chance to test early versions of new features we're working on, I recommend you join our Research and Beta Testing group. 🚀

• Inês Batata
    edited January 2023 #8

You can choose to not have blank custom fields show up in the detail view sidebar. If you mark them as Important in that particular stage, they will still popup at the top of the sidebar, prompting the user to fill them in. I made a quick video demonstration for you, see here.

• Jan Bons
    Jan Bons Member Posts: 27
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2023 #9

Everything that makes the data more specific into persons organizations and deals is more than welcome and will make PD even more competitive.

• Derek Dean
    Derek Dean Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #10

This is an important topic, because having the ability to create multiple page layouts makes for a more efficient UI. Hunters and Farmers care (and need to) about different things. We can manage dashboard reporting by pivoting off a "type" field...think "new" and "renewal".

• Emilia Kronschnabel
    Emilia Kronschnabel Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #11

Yes yes yes. We've been wanting this forever! The ability to choose which fields show with which pipelines would be so awesome. 

• Inês Batata
    edited January 2023 #12

Yes yes yes. We've been wanting this forever! The ability to choose which fields show with which pipelines would be so awesome. 

@Emilia Kronschnabel and @Derek Dean a helpful alternative might be to use the Important Fields and mark each specific custom field as important only for it's relevant pipeline/stages.

• David Spear
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #13

Hi Ines,

So you are telling me, that if I go through field by field and highlight it as important or not per each of my 10 pipelines, when I go to a deal under a specific pipeline, and pull up the detailed view, it will only show me the fields that I marked important for that specific pipeline, and not all of the other fields - right?     When I click add a new deal, will it only show me the important fields to be entered for that pipeline as well?  Regards, Dave

• Inês Batata
    edited January 2023 #14

@David Spear Not quite:  marking a field as important in a certain stage of the pipeline will make it pop up in the deal detail view if it's left blank, prompting the user to fill it in.

What's going to determine if that same field is always visible in the detail view or not is the setting for "Always show on sidebar".

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2022 #15

Hi @Georg Wässa , thank you for your feedback! I've made sure it reaches our team for consideration.

This is a topic that has been raised before, check out a discussion and some tips in this other post. 🚀

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2023 #16

Updating on this post to let everyone know that Required Fields are now selectable by individual pipeline stage - see more here. 🚀

• Rachel Thomson / Carrie Scott
    edited July 2022 #17

Please can we have the option to make data fields visible only in certain pipelines/stages? Lots of our customised data fields are only needed in certain pipelines/stages and looking through the expanded details view can be confusing and counterintuitive to the data that is needed for a certain stage. Currently we can only make deal data fields ‘important’ or only visible in expanded details view. Thanks!

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2023 #18

I really like this idea and hope we can do this one day. I'll make sure our team sees your suggestion @Rachel Thomson 

• Martin Boonzaayer
    Martin Boonzaayer Member Posts: 49
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022 #19

I would love to have "Hidden  Fields" which are setup the same way as Important Fields and Required Fields. This would allow us to customize which fields are visible for different pipelines. 

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2023 #20

Hi @Martin Boonzaayer , thank you for your feedback!

This suggestion has come up a few times and I've made sure to send it internally to our team for consideration.

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited January 2023 #21

@Mike van der Valk  I really like this idea too.  I am actually surprised that it is not available yet, or in the works.  Seems that this would be a necessary feature for almost all users and a basic function for a pipeline driven CRM.  Can we vote on this somehow?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited January 2023 #22

@Mike van der Valk  I really like this idea too.  I am actually surprised that it is not available yet, or in the works.  Seems that this would be a necessary feature for almost all users and a basic function for a pipeline driven CRM.  Can we vote on this somehow?

Hi @Christian Ayala your vote is noted through this comment. I will highlight it once more to our team. It's always very difficult to set priorities on updates down the line that will make most if not all customers happy with that update. 

I will let them know that you, Rachel, myself and many others would love to see this update though!

• Bruno Spricigo
    Bruno Spricigo Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #23

I find this idea very useful as well!

• Geoff Wilkie
    Geoff Wilkie Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #24

Hi there,

am looking into when there is anticipated release for separate fields in separate pipelines, In a help call with the team earlier this year, it was advised this feature was to come out around 3rd quarter 2020.

Could I get an update on that one?

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited April 2023 #25

It would be an amazing feature and has been requested before.

In the meantime, there is a workaround you can use: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/request-sections-on-the-sidebar-fields-and-custom-fields-per-deal-type-5f2406edd90ab874eb75f4d7

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2023 #26

Hi @Geoff Wilkie !

We had to make some changes to our roadmap for this year, so I'm afraid at this moment we can't give you a timeline. But if you 're curious to know what we do have planned, follow this topic here in the community. 

• Luciana Ayala
    Luciana Ayala Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #27

I agree, different pipelines have different stages and purposes... if all custom fields repeat across the board is not ideal. I'm struggling to find a way around this. 

• Kingsley Holdaway
    Kingsley Holdaway Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited January 2023 #28

This is an absolute must have!! Along with only visible at certain stages in the pipeline. 

• Andreas Mose
    Andreas Mose Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #29

Makes perfect sense. The sole reason for having multiple pipelines is because use the sales process is different in each one, requiring different fields. I was surprised to learn this doesn't come out of the box.

• Lewis Hall
    Lewis Hall Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited January 2023 #30

I strongly agree - this feature is a must have. Was also surprised it is not possible out the box.

• Scott_9487
    Scott_9487 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #31

I've created a field that is specific to a single pipeline however it is appearing in all the other pipelines and I can't see anywhere to hide it? 

For example - if I have a pipeline about car repairs - I need fields for make and model, but if my other pipeline is about window installation in houses - then I don't need to see these fields!

I've ticked the 'important' option for the one pipeline, but it is still appearing in the other pipelines.

Any help is appreciated

This discussion has been closed.