Automatically notify the team about received emails

Options
Kevin Delord
Kevin Delord Member Posts: 2

Hello there,

[Feature Request], [Email Notification]

People following a deal, a contact, or a company should be able to receive email notifications when an email is received by one of the teammates.

At the moment, received (and 'shared') emails are only attached to a deal/contact/company but the rest of the team is not notified about them.

As the emails are shared and attached to a public deal I do not see any privacy issue here...

To better understand the request at hand, here are few scenarios:

- A client and a project manager are handling a (new) deal/project. The PM goes on vacation or is sick and a new PM takes over. As the client keeps sending emails to the usual (unavailable) PM, the new person needs to check manually (every 1h or so) whether the client has sent something or not.

- Let's say developers are involved in a deal and have an account on Pipedrive. As they are focused on other (technical) things they never check what's on Pipedrive. They will never get updates about a project/deal until an attentive project manager manually forward/tell them any info (such as new requirements, meeting notes, etc.).

- Another example would be when planing a crucial meeting with a customer. Early morning the whole team is setting up everything but, an hour before, the client cancels the appointment by email (sent to only one manager). If the manager does not check his/her emails early enough the complete squad is rushing and stressing about a meeting that will not happen anyway.

I do understand Pipedrive is not a Customer Support platform, but in so many cases this features is really important.

I strongly believe it would reduce the amount of work one has to do, bring more automation and increase transparency a lot.

Thanks!

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Kevin Delord , thank you for your feedback!

This has to do with the way email is a personal item to the users directly included the email conversation; it can be visible to other users, but they can't interact with it unless they've been included (by being in the To, Cc or Bcc fields).

That being said, I can see how working in teams it could be useful to have that visibility, so I've forwarded your suggestion to our team for consideration. How would you imagine this notification being presented?

• Kevin Delord
    Kevin Delord Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hello @Inês Batata ,

Well I'm not a designer nor do I know the technical difficulties such feature would encounter but I have quickly designed a concept of the feature.

The design is based on the actual email notifications sent from Pipedrive.

First the checkbox in the settings to enable the notifications:

And an example of (HTML) email notification:

I can see few design details that do not work, but you get the idea :)

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2020 #4
    Options

Hello @Inês Batata ,

Well I'm not a designer nor do I know the technical difficulties such feature would encounter but I have quickly designed a concept of the feature.

The design is based on the actual email notifications sent from Pipedrive.

First the checkbox in the settings to enable the notifications:

And an example of (HTML) email notification:

I can see few design details that do not work, but you get the idea :)

Thank you so much @Kevin Delord ! We really appreciate the effort you went to to explain your idea to us. 🙂 I've made sure this reaches our team for consideration.

• RI
    RI Member Posts: 15
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #5
    Options

Has a feature like this been implemented yet?

• Dion Gavriilidis
    Dion Gavriilidis Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I would like to know if this feature has been implemented