Status visual informing PD user that another more recent deal exists for the deal person.

We sell fabrics and wallpapers.  

Our leads often order free samples which we post out and then later order actual product. (2 deals/transactions on our eCommerce store)

When I follow up the cutting/sample 'deals' to make sure they have been received and try to win a conversion, I first have to manually check to make sure the 'deal' person hasn't already ordered product.  (it can be embarrassing when you follow up a sample, only to get a response that they did and have already purchased product through a second transaction).  

At the moment this manual verification is clunky and time consuming.  The quickest way is to search for the person in the search pane.  

... far better would be an indicator somewhere on the deal status panels that provides a quick visual that another deal exists that is more recent.  It can also be helpful given that when the same customer has multiple deals open concurrently, mail does not always associate with the most recent deal.  (which is usually the way we want it .. but not always). 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited February 24 #2

Hi @Nancy Vamvakas , thanks for your feedback and for detailing your use case so clearly!

When going into the Person or Organization's detail view, in the sidebar to the left there's a section where you can check all the deals that they're linked to, including won and lost deals. The "Show all deals" button will open a mini list view where you can see more details about the deals and even navigate into them.

Is that what you've been using?

• Nancy Vamvakas
    Nancy Vamvakas Posts: 45
    edited June 2020 #3

Hi @Nancy Vamvakas , thanks for your feedback and for detailing your use case so clearly!

When going into the Person or Organization's detail view, in the sidebar to the left there's a section where you can check all the deals that they're linked to, including won and lost deals. The "Show all deals" button will open a mini list view where you can see more details about the deals and even navigate into them.

Yes.  Aware of that panel but it is way too slow. 

It is actually quicker to type a search up in the search window at top left and look for any other deals from the same person. 

No.  What I am after is a marker of some kind that lets me know that what I am looking at is the latest deal.  It doesn't have to be much more than a coloured dot for all I care.  Just something that is a visual queue. 

... Alas with pipedrive, I can find no way to chekc status quickly .. So when I want to follow up with 50 deals. .. I have to go into each one; see if they have responded to my last follow/up correspondence, and then if they have not, mail them out.   

I try to make it efficient by following everyone up on the same day of the week.  .. then I might have to follow up 50 to 100 deals. 

So you can see that having a visual queue that can tell me whether the deal I am looking at is the most recent, or if the lead has converted into a customer by purchasing something (and creating another deal) .. would be really great.  

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited June 2020 #4

Thank you for expanding on that, @Nancy Vamvakas , it gives us very relevant insight. I've made sure to forward your suggestion to our team for consideration.