Permission for non-admin-users to edit email templates

Martin Eckardt
Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
5 Up Votes First Comment

Please add an optional permission to non-admin user groups to enable them to edit shared email templates. We are working with many templates throughout the team and only the admin users can change them. The other users can only edit the templates they own. Unfortunately, there is no option in the user groups permissions to enable them to edit shared email templates. We would love that to enable our team to collaborate on the templates.

2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2

Thank you for your feedback @Martin Eckardt !

I can see how this would make users more autonomous but it could also cause some security issues. Regardless, I've made sure your suggestion reaches our team for consideration.

• Administrator_14693
    Administrator_14693 Member Posts: 29
    Name Dropper 5 Likes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2020 #3

Totally agree!

Ability to modify the permissions such as: edit, delete, add.

• Aaron Harch
    Aaron Harch Member Posts: 3
    edited February 2022 #4

Hi,

What's the status on this?  

Being able to set some permission level makes sense as I do not want my people to be full admins but having to do so to allow a sales team to manage the templates just seems wrong.

• Philipp Riederle
    Philipp Riederle Member Posts: 21
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

+1

Would be great if other users also could edit email templates. Ideally with similar permission settings as implemented in the new Documents Beta

• Inês Batata
    edited February 2021 #6

Hi,

What's the status on this?  

Being able to set some permission level makes sense as I do not want my people to be full admins but having to do so to allow a sales team to manage the templates just seems wrong.

Hi @Aaron Harch , thank you for your feedback! 

As for email template editing permissions in particular, at the moment we have no news about this, as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed and unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

There might be news about more nuanced permissions in the future but right now I don't have more details. This is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.
  • Inês Batata
    edited February 2021 #7

+1

Would be great if other users also could edit email templates. Ideally with similar permission settings as implemented in the new Documents Beta

@Philipp Riederle Please see my answer to Aaron above :)

• Jean-Paul
    Jean-Paul Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited November 2021 #8

Thank you for your feedback @Martin Eckardt !

I can see how this would make users more autonomous but it could also cause some security issues. Regardless, I've made sure your suggestion reaches our team for consideration.

Do we have any new status on this one ? How can we scale management if we cannot allow users to manage daily stuff like email templates ? Giving full blown admin rights to everybody is not a solution

• Emma Melling
    Emma Melling Member Posts: 21
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes First Comment

This would be really helpful for us too!

• Jan Wendenburg
    Jan Wendenburg Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

Hi Pipedrive Team...this is an essential feature. In teams with more than 5 people you have a lot shared templates and there is a need to share & grant edit rights without admin rights. Please update on this. Thank You.