If you ask, you should answer

Guys,

I am all for creating a community and soliciting feedback and inviting people to try new features. This is very good - and helps create a better product for everyone.

But if you do, you also should monitor topic closely, respond quickly and engage in dialog. You cannot ask - and not give. I don't want to tell you how to run your business - but a bit of engagement would be  much appreciated. 

Stay healthy!

Jan

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,387 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited April 29 #2

@Jan Visser 

Thank you for your honest feedback and I heard you!
    @David 🇺🇸 and myself are tasked with managing the community so please anyone feel free to tag us with anything really urgent. For the rest we've asked our team in Pipedrive to keep a close eye but please note this is not a new support channel.

For anything urgent tag us for anything non-urgent it can sometimes take a little longer for us to respond. Nonetheless, fair points and we're always working on improving our workflows and getting back to you and all others asap :) 

P.s. is there a specific post I need to urgently look at?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 29 #3

@Jan Visser also just highlighting that this isn't a new support channel. For urgent help it's still important to reach out to our support chat. 

As a Pipedrive team we're definitely active over here, but the main main use case is that this is for you, the Pipedrive user, the Sales person who can connect with other users and sales people to learn from each other, share best practices and use cases so we all improve together and become better sales craftsmen in the process :) 

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Posts: 108
    edited April 29 #4

Appreciate that, @Mike van der Valk  - but feature requests are specifically requested here and regularly not answered either. I am okay with sending them to support - but I thought this forum was the platform for this?

• Mike van der Valk
    edited April 29 #5

Thanks @Jan Visser.  Our platform in this format has been live for ~2 weeks. Myself and David are here daily. However, other Product Managers (PMs) and Pipedrive employees have many other tasks and might not look here so frequent. As this is new for users and Pipedrive we'll all be getting more and more in the habit over time and responding quicker as a community and as a Pipedrive team.

There's some older posts in this channel as well which have all been imported from the Facebook group and shared with respective PMs who own an area but not responded to as they were imports. 

One thing that is also important is that not just the Pipedrive team looks at your suggestions. Other users upvoting, engaging, commenting with a suggestion is the best way for us to see if the interest is not just from one person but from a bigger group as it's the majority we want to add value for.

In Pipedrive we work with PMs who own a specific area that can sometimes contain multiple features. We look at customer suggestions, do market research and interviews weekly and have our own vision per area which makes it so that every x months we switch attention between areas that need it. The fact that we're not working on a feature at the moment, or can take a serious look at certain requests means we're working on making another feature in Pipedrive better. Nonetheless, at that time PMs still work on gathering input from users such as in this channel.

In short, we can't build everything and we need to know if the suggestions apply to a bigger group of users. We want to bring as much value as we can for the majority who uses Pipedrive. Next to that we'll be better and quicker in the future replying over here, thanks for sharing your feedback and please do so in the future. Hopefully you can appreciate my answer and believe me when I say that we're truly here to make life of the sales person/Pipedrive user better with every day.

P.s. In case you'd like to connect further and have a call on the topic feel free to email me at [email protected]