Can I have an email set for delayed sending?

Daryl Adams
Daryl Adams Posts: 6

I am looking to have email have a delayed send. I want my emails to send at a specific time and am hoping that Pipedrive can do this.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited August 2020 #2

Hi @Daryl Adams !

I'm afraid Pipedrive doesn't have that ability at the moment, but if your email client (Google, Outlook, etc) has it and you're syncing it with Pipedrive, you can set it up from there and the message will show up in Pipedrive just the same. 

For email marketing and email automation I suggest you explore our most recent addition, Mailigen. With it you can create automations and even entire email workflows based on if/then conditions. Create your free account here and check it out, as we're working to make it work seamlessly with Pipedrive.

We are also working on an option to make your Pipedrive automations "wait" for X time before they take the next step, so stay tuned for news on that.

By the way, if you use Gmail, have you tried out our Gmail Add-On? It's handy if your work is very e-mail centric.

Have a great week!

• Matthew_10643
    Matthew_10643 Posts: 2
    edited June 2021 #3

@Inês Batata  yes, one can do the email client sync, but I believe that removes the "tracking" which is what most people want so they can do a high level swag of outbound rate.  Doesn't have to be a fancy function to make the people happy (like a strong automation tool), just an option in the footer area (next to templates OR part of templates) to select a date/time.   I think the use case I've read (and I have myself) is that we take spare time at odd hours (weekend/evening) to prep some emails, but we don't want to send it right then. We would prefer to have it send at "8:07am on Tuesday".  I upvote this and the other half dozen  or more request on same topic :) 

• Leslie Clarke
    Leslie Clarke Posts: 2
    edited February 24 #4

Zoho has it so why not Pipe Drive? Zoho even use ai to see when the best time to send is based on previous email opens. |Come on Pipe Drive this is so basic for all of us. We need it. This is why I changed to Zoho before. 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited September 2020 #5

Zoho has it so why not Pipe Drive? Zoho even use ai to see when the best time to send is based on previous email opens. |Come on Pipe Drive this is so basic for all of us. We need it. This is why I changed to Zoho before. 

That you for your input @Leslie Clarke !

It's not that we actively don't want Pipedrive to have these types of features, but they are complex and time-consuming to build, and as priorities and resource allocations for development have to be distributed, unfortunately not everything can be built or at least built in the near future. 

That being said, we appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

If you use Gmail and sync it to Pipedrive, you can still schedule your email message to be sent from Gmail and it will show up in Pipedrive when it's been sent.

If you're looking for something more like email marketing (drip campaigns, email sequences, SMS, etc), I recommend you try our sister Mailigen. You can create a free 30-day trial and explore it to see how you feel about it. Learn more here:

• Germano_26528
    Germano_26528 Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited June 2021 #6

this is a really important feature, as previously well explained by fellow users. I can do it from outlook but the point of a CRM is to have everything in the same place, otherwise we could keep working with lists on excel sheets...

It's a basic feature if you work in sales & marketing and I would expect pipedrive to be well aware of this and act quickly.