Lead inbox behaviour?

Kenneth Staub
Kenneth Staub Member Posts: 2
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hi folks,

I'm intrigued by the new lead inbox feature. And I am aware it is in beta, but perhaps someone can explain the intended function.

If I use the LeadBooster on our website to capture new leads, they appear in the lead inbox. This does not create a new contact/organization in the main contacts database. Which is exactly what I was hoping to get!

I next tried to import leads from an excel. These leads ended up being imported into organizations/contacts and do not show up in the leads inbox at all. Did I miss a step and is it intended that all imported leads automatically create new contacts/organizations?

Thanks

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi @Kenneth Staub 

As you rightfully mention the Leads inbox is still in full development. However, the idea is that there's a qualification layer before your data gets added to your general deals and contacts to avoid any data clutter and keep it clean. Therefore the leads from LeadBooster also come there so you can manually verify if it's worth you and your teams time to further pursue that lead and make it into a deal and contact.

During importing. If you'd want your data to be in the lead inbox, be sure to user the lead fields and match those to your columns in the spreadsheet like shown here:

• Kenneth Staub
    Kenneth Staub Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2020 #3

Hi @Kenneth Staub 

As you rightfully mention the Leads inbox is still in full development. However, the idea is that there's a qualification layer before your data gets added to your general deals and contacts to avoid any data clutter and keep it clean. Therefore the leads from LeadBooster also come there so you can manually verify if it's worth you and your teams time to further pursue that lead and make it into a deal and contact.

During importing. If you'd want your data to be in the lead inbox, be sure to user the lead fields and match those to your columns in the spreadsheet like shown here:

Thanks @Mike van der Valk 

I was too hasty when importing and missed the Lead Inbox fields. That clarifies everything. 

Also, is the lead inbox coming to mobile apps anytime soon?

Thanks again

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited July 2020 #4

Hi @Kenneth Staub 

Yes, it’s on our roadmap already but no ETA just yet. @Kenneth Staub 

• Roselien
    Roselien Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #5

Hi,

I have the same issue, not wanting my leads imported directly into my contact database.
    I tried the below suggested path via clicking on the leads icon - however the result was the same: all leads landed in my contacts.
    Any other suggestions to get them into the leads section to first qualify them and not mixing up with qualified potentials?

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 354 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited October 2021 #6
    Roselien said:

Hi,

I have the same issue, not wanting my leads imported directly into my contact database.
    I tried the below suggested path via clicking on the leads icon - however the result was the same: all leads landed in my contacts.
    Any other suggestions to get them into the leads section to first qualify them and not mixing up with qualified potentials?

Hi @Roselien 
    In this case, some behaviors have changed with our Leads Inbox. Currently, the system does not allow to create Leads without a connected Contact (Person or Organization). This is because in the system our Leads are more like a pre-phase for Deals. They have the same custom fields applied for easy conversion and they also need to fill the rule of being linked to a Contact. 

Maybe once creating a Lead (and Contact at the same time), you can add a Label to the Contact so it would be understandable they only are linked to a Lead and not a Deal? Our team also is checking on ways to make this more clear and trackable.