Custom fields permission upgrade 📣

Mike van der Valk
Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
edited July 2022 in What's New #1

Admin users can now give other users rights to add, edit and delete custom fields

Admin users can navigate to  https://app.pipedrive.com/settings/permissions and give other users the right to work on the custom fields settings. 

Are you not an Admin user but this would greatly help you in your daily work, ask your Admin user to set it up for you and be sure to learn more about how custom fields work in the Academy.

Depending on the pricing plan your company account is on you can create different groups of users, with different permissions, read more about that in our Knowledge Base right here.

Have fun âš¡

5e7474c06f9ec14e1f63e2dc_14692.png

Comments

• Jan Visser_342
    Jan Visser_342 Member Posts: 70
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

What would be the use case for this? Aren't you just creating a mess with this if users can create a range of custom fields which cannot be hidden or switched off for other users? 

1-2 people teams in the same sales office - maybe. But for a sales organization with 10-20 users (often geographically dispersed), i don't really see it.

But...now that you're working on custom fields, the ability to set visibility to custom fields (or to assign them admin only) is coming, right? Right?

I dream at night of what would be possible with hidden custom fields (combined with filtered lists) without having to clutter the UI with buttons and options that are not relevant for the average user.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited March 2020 #3

What would be the use case for this? Aren't you just creating a mess with this if users can create a range of custom fields which cannot be hidden or switched off for other users? 

1-2 people teams in the same sales office - maybe. But for a sales organization with 10-20 users (often geographically dispersed), i don't really see it.

But...now that you're working on custom fields, the ability to set visibility to custom fields (or to assign them admin only) is coming, right? Right?

I dream at night of what would be possible with hidden custom fields (combined with filtered lists) without having to clutter the UI with buttons and options that are not relevant for the average user.

@Jan Visser as mentioned in this post we're doing some rework to lay the basis for future improvements. And what you suggest about visibility on fields is something we're definitely considering. As we're in the research stage on it, no decisions have been made but I'll share your input with the team researching it for sure!

Regarding the use case. There's always the ability to switch it on or off for non-admin users. Also, bigger companies that work with Pipedrive and use the Advanced or Professional plan have the ability to create groups of users and set specific rights for them, so it's not so that all non-admin users need to be given this right, it can be a select group of users.

Here's some more info on permission sets per pricing plan.