Enable Related Organisations Field throughout Pipedrive

Erik Wieland
Erik Wieland Member Posts: 2
First Comment First Anniversary

I already posted this as a comment to another suggestion but just to be sure it gets noticed :-)

It would be really great if the field Related Organisations is made available in other parts of Pipedrive. Currently you only have access to this information on the Organisation Detail Page and not having it on the Organsiation List Page (and its filters) or within Workflow Automation is a missed opportunity. Parent and Daughter companies are pretty common but not being able to administrate this properly in Pipedrive means a serious limitation to your audience and even then, even small business owners are more and more likely to deal with parent/daughter organisations and other holding constructions.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,075 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2020 #2

Hi @Erik Wieland , thank you for your feedback!

I'd like to understand your use case a little better. Can you give us some examples of situations where this would have been useful for you? 

• Erik Wieland
    Erik Wieland Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #3

Thanks for your response @Inês Batata !

We deal with quite a few organisations (our customers) that are set up hierarchally. In situations like this we deal with the parent company and we also deal with the individual daughters. There are times when we need either the overview or we do assignment based on this hierachy. 

For example: on the Organisation List Page I would like to be able to filter on all organisations that are the parent company. Next I would also like to filter on all the daughter companies of a particular parent company. At the moment I cannot see who's who and will need to go through the details of every company to find out if it is a parent company and what its children are. 

Another example: I might need to start a campagne targeting all contacts within an entire organisation structure. Ideally I would apply the right filters (parent, daughters, contacts, etc.)  and connect the result to MailChimp. Currently there's no way to do this.

Another example: I would like to create an Automated Workflow where I can assign any new contact or any new organisation to the owner of the parent company. Currently there's no way to do this.

These are just a few examples but with the Related Organisations field made available through Pipedrive, the possibilities are "endless"

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,075 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2020 #4

Thanks for your response @Inês Batata !

We deal with quite a few organisations (our customers) that are set up hierarchally. In situations like this we deal with the parent company and we also deal with the individual daughters. There are times when we need either the overview or we do assignment based on this hierachy. 

For example: on the Organisation List Page I would like to be able to filter on all organisations that are the parent company. Next I would also like to filter on all the daughter companies of a particular parent company. At the moment I cannot see who's who and will need to go through the details of every company to find out if it is a parent company and what its children are. 

Another example: I might need to start a campagne targeting all contacts within an entire organisation structure. Ideally I would apply the right filters (parent, daughters, contacts, etc.)  and connect the result to MailChimp. Currently there's no way to do this.

Another example: I would like to create an Automated Workflow where I can assign any new contact or any new organisation to the owner of the parent company. Currently there's no way to do this.

These are just a few examples but with the Related Organisations field made available through Pipedrive, the possibilities are "endless"

Thank you for explaining your use case so clearly, @Erik Wieland !

Related Organizations will let you see the relationships of an Org in it's detail view, but it's true that you can't build filters or automations based on that at the moment, unfortunately. 

I've taken your suggestions and sent them to our team for consideration. We appreciate your feedback!

• Phil
    Phil Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment

An update on this one? having the parent company for a group of organisations is very helpful but unfortunately it's hard to find this information once setup without going into every organisation.

Adding a parent/daughter/related filter to pipedrive would be so helpful

• Dean Tavener
    Dean Tavener Member Posts: 10
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Yes completely agree with several of @Erik Wieland's use cases there! Would be really helpful to be able to create filters based on related orgs, automation conditions based on related orgs, sync to MailChimp based on related, and another one: rollup fields to parent orgs (e.g. parent org could show sum of all deals associated with each daughter org, or sum of a custom number field across all daughter orgs).

Please fill out related org capability further throughout Pipedrive!