Organization qualification flow

We work with a lead generation process that has to be centered around the organization. From there, we qualify the contact persons and then set up deals, 1 per organization. I'm having some issues getting the process to flow naturally in Pipedrive, it seems everything is centered around contacts -> organization-> deal when I'm looking for organization-> contacts-> deals.

Is it even possible to work with the organization as a starting point?

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Clarissa Silvino
    Clarissa Silvino Moderator Posts: 99 PIPEDRIVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    100 Comments Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 24 #2

Hello Alexander, thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

Let me take the time to try to explain to you how it is Pipedrive's logic in this regards for the time being. If you add a note into the contact, then it will be automatically added into the organization, as long as the both are attached to each other, of course. Because, for Pipedrive the chain would be: deals > people > organizations - I'm afraid this is the exact opposite of what you wanted. 

I totally understand your point and I'll make sure to share this feedback with our developers. My advice, as we can't change this for the moment, would be to try to use contact labels to differentiate your organizations or even use the Leads feature to generate those in advance, to turn them into deals/contacts later on.

Hope this makes sense and feel free to reach out our Support team if you have any further doubts.

• Alexander Olsen
    Alexander Olsen Posts: 3
    edited July 2020 #3

Hello Alexander, thank you very much for the detailed explanation.

Let me take the time to try to explain to you how it is Pipedrive's logic in this regards for the time being. If you add a note into the contact, then it will be automatically added into the organization, as long as the both are attached to each other, of course. Because, for Pipedrive the chain would be: deals > people > organizations - I'm afraid this is the exact opposite of what you wanted. 

I totally understand your point and I'll make sure to share this feedback with our developers. My advice, as we can't change this for the moment, would be to try to use contact labels to differentiate your organizations or even use the Leads feature to generate those in advance, to turn them into deals/contacts later on.

Hope this makes sense and feel free to reach out our Support team if you have any further doubts.

Hello Clarissa,

Thank you for your detailed answer, this actually helps me a lot. I have been struggling to wrap my head around the logic but now I understand how it works.