Can't import No First/Last name

Guillermo Freire
Guillermo Freire Member Posts: 2
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Can you tell me why are first name and last name required?

I just signed up and the first thing I want to do is to import my leads. I don't have first name and last name, I have a company name because I'm B2B. So it gives me an error... how can that happen? I don't have a clue who is on the other side of the phone!

So is it possible to have those fields non mandatory? I don't want to populate false first and last names just to get passed the importe..

Thanks

Comments

• Clarissa Silvino
    Clarissa Silvino Pipedrive Team Posts: 80 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2

Hello Guillermo, thank you very much for reaching out.

I spoke with the Product Manager of this feature and, in this regards, there are a few required fields for deals and people, for example, because it's the most basic data we need to create a record in Pipedrive.

I can totally understand your point, but since you don't have a person name but an organization name, what do you think about adding those as organizations instead? Another advice would be to use our Leads feature, since you can add those without much detail: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001998358-Leads-Inbox-

Hope it can be helpful.

• Guillermo Freire
    Guillermo Freire Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2020 #3

Hello Guillermo, thank you very much for reaching out.

I spoke with the Product Manager of this feature and, in this regards, there are a few required fields for deals and people, for example, because it's the most basic data we need to create a record in Pipedrive.

I can totally understand your point, but since you don't have a person name but an organization name, what do you think about adding those as organizations instead? Another advice would be to use our Leads feature, since you can add those without much detail: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001998358-Leads-Inbox-

Hope it can be helpful.

Hi Clarissa, thanks for your response.

How do I add them from a spreadsheet to an organization? I do the same steps but it does not understand it's an organization. See my steps:

Go to organization, click import

Click from a spreadsheet

Click upload file

Upload the file and this shows:

So I don't have any alternative that I can see in the screen..

Try it yourself