How do you use Pipedrive?

Alec Tucker
Alec Tucker Member Posts: 3
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

I would be very curious to see how some of you fellow construction companies have your pipeline(s) built out, and what are some of the automations/custom fields you use for your sales and work fulfillment process. If anyone can reach out, we would be very grateful for your time.  Would love to bounce some ideas off eachother, and hopefully both benefit in using Pipedrive!

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited July 2020 #2

Great question @Alec Tucker let's hope the coming days/weeks many of your fellow construction companies will reach out to you! 

• Jay_11911
    Jay_11911 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #3

With a lot of complexity. I've built 8 pipelines with 50+ automations.

• Brad Lynch
    Brad Lynch Member Posts: 18
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #4

Hi Jay,

Could you maybe send some details of you pipeline stages?

Thanks, Brad

• Jay_11911
    Jay_11911 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

Brad,

We set up our company on paper first and then built it via Pipedrive. Every business is different so it might not be applicable to yours. My goal was to automate as many actions as I could for the team. If I want my team to complete a task, I have a question or email automation prompt them to do it. 

Our stages are all connected except for a couple. They run parallel.  We're a commercial roofing company.

Sales>Data Collection>Estimating>Sales>Sales Review>Production>Customer Follow Up

Sales>Service>Customer Follow Up

I have automations for each stage so that there are no gaps in our process (at least that's the goal.) Our main use for the software is processes throughout the production side. That's what value I see in Pipedrive. The sales aspect is great, but there are several softwares with good sales value.

• Brad Lynch
    Brad Lynch Member Posts: 18
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6

Hi Jay,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm a builder doing renovations.  I've got 2 pipelines at the moment, Sales and Pre Project.  Thinking of adding a 3rd for project delivery.  Do you know if there is a way to see all your pipelines at once?

Thanks, Brad

• Alec Tucker
    Alec Tucker Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2020 #7
    Jay said:

Brad,

We set up our company on paper first and then built it via Pipedrive. Every business is different so it might not be applicable to yours. My goal was to automate as many actions as I could for the team. If I want my team to complete a task, I have a question or email automation prompt them to do it. 

Our stages are all connected except for a couple. They run parallel.  We're a commercial roofing company.

Sales>Data Collection>Estimating>Sales>Sales Review>Production>Customer Follow Up

I have automations for each stage so that there are no gaps in our process (at least that's the goal.) Our main use for the software is processes throughout the production side. That's what value I see in Pipedrive. The sales aspect is great, but there are several softwares with good sales value.

Hey Jay, 

I would be very curious to see some of your automations and how you have structured all of this. My email is alec@highbridgeconstruction.com, I'd appreciate anything you're willing to share with me! 

Cheers

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #8
    Jay said:

Brad,

@Jay in case you're willing to share your automations that @Alec Tucker refers to with a larger audience please share your knowledge with the community right here :) 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #9

Hi Jay,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I'm a builder doing renovations.  I've got 2 pipelines at the moment, Sales and Pre Project.  Thinking of adding a 3rd for project delivery.  Do you know if there is a way to see all your pipelines at once?

Thanks, Brad

@Brad Lynch you can not see them in the pipeline itself as they have usually different stages. You could however make a filter in your list view and filter deals from different pipelines.

Deal - pipeline - is - ....
    OR
    Deal - pipeline - is - ....

• Brad Krause_13404
    Brad Krause_13404 Member Posts: 374
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021 #10

Our previous configuration consisted of one pipeline called 'sales' when we generate proposals for customers they are most often completed by a single employee so what we used to do is just transfer ownership of the deal to them and they they would transfer back ownership with the proposal attached when completed. We recently changed to try a new process. We created a separate pipeline for each 'division' or 'profit center' and then an ESTIMATING pipeline with two stages. The first stage notifies an administrator to verify and enter the details in a legacy software package that is used to build estimates based on labor and material costs that's what the estimator uses. When the contact details are proper in that legacy system then the administrator passes it to 'Proposal Request' in the ESTIMATING pipeline. We bypass the 'Slice Verification' if we know that the contact details are current. 

In both instances of being received in either stage the appropriate person receives a notification email that they have received a request. Also in both cases an activity is automatically created for action to be taken. for slice verification its simply set for two days out for completion. In the case of the proposal request the due date is captured from a custom date deal detail field that's entered by the salesperson when creating the deal. 

Once the estimator has completed the proposal it is attached and he drops it back in the appropriate pipeline. The owner of the deal is notified automatically by email that the deal has been moved to xyz pipeline. 

We are always refining and improving our process with pipedrive and I very much enjoy building it out.