How does call logging from the mobile app work?

Bart Kohnhorst
Bart Kohnhorst Member Posts: 12
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I found that my calls from the mobile app were not logging. 

I think it's because I put the company phone number in the Company area, not the person area.  I still want to log calls when I speak with an attendant or executive assistant.  Is there a way to do this or am I correct that only calls to a phone number under a contact name are logged? Appreciate help or insights.

Comments

• Sue Steckle
    Sue Steckle Member Posts: 23
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #2

I haven't tried it but it sounds like you need to start the call from within the app (see this thread: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/how-can-i-track-calls-from-the-pipedrive-app-5e380a8b888be26d7361171e)

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi @Bart Kohnhorst 

When wanting to make sure your phone call is logged, please be sure to use a "phone type" of custom field. The contact person has this by default but you can also add the field to your organizations. Then if you initiate the call from that field with the type "phone" it will log the call ;) 

Indeed also as @Sue Steckle mentioned (thanks for the contribution Sue) you'd need to make the call from within the phone app.

Good to know is that we're currently working on an option to initiate a phone call from the computer and then actually make the call on the mobile app :) 

• Bart Kohnhorst
    Bart Kohnhorst Member Posts: 12
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #4

Hi @Bart Kohnhorst 

When wanting to make sure your phone call is logged, please be sure to use a "phone type" of custom field. The contact person has this by default but you can also add the field to your organizations. Then if you initiate the call from that field with the type "phone" it will log the call ;) 

Indeed also as @Sue Steckle mentioned (thanks for the contribution Sue) you'd need to make the call from within the phone app.

Good to know is that we're currently working on an option to initiate a phone call from the computer and then actually make the call on the mobile app :) 

Hi Mike.  I've tested this again and am dialing from the app. I don't see the calls logging in the Deal field but I do see it logged in the person field.

Then when I go to the Progress/INSIGHTS I have a widget to total calls for the week.....  It is not updating with the new calls from the app.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2020 #5

Hi @Bart Kohnhorst 

@Bart Kohnhorst in this case I would really recommend to get in touch with our support team via the in-app chat or support@pipedrive.com

They have backoffice tools and such to try and discover what might be happening. When you figure it out please let us know here though so others reading this thread with the same problem could be helped.

Sorry for not being able to help you here but it looks like the call logging works, it just doesn't log properly for some reason..