Client Reporting

Options
David Kinnard
David Kinnard Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I am a commercial agent and organize my listings into deals. Is there a way to create a report of the activity inside the deal to send to my clients?

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2020 #2
    Options

@Joseph Valenti do you have any experience with that perhaps?

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Good afternoon @David Kinnard . Mike suggested I contact you because I publish a SaaS application for mortgage brokers. There is not however, in my experience, a "best practices" method of handling this in any general-purpose CRM. My answer may be "long" but it is also (regrettably) quite weak.

Most people that use CRMs have a "widget" they want to sell. In my case it is a software subscription. For my broker-customers, the product is a mortgage which gets shopped to various lenders. There is however typically a generic product (a subscription or a mortgage), and we manage Deals to organize tasks leading up to the sale of the generic product to some prospects in the funnel. 

In your case, you have a non-generic Product (a listing/residence). If you read articles like this one from Pipedrive, the focus is on the "win" of getting the listing, but these articles often don't go into detail about now finding a buyer for that listing. 

In my experience, there isn't a standard way of doing this with Pipedrive (or any general-purpose CRM). My suggestion would be that you create a Product for each listing. Content elements (text, photo, etc) can be attributed to that unique Product. You still need a Deal, though, to manage all the activities and email (inbound and outbound). There is no "key contact person" on the Deal, and you will have dozens of Persons interested in that one Product/Deal.

It will work to see everything in one place (the Deal for that Product), and you can quite easily send updates to all the parties interested in a particular property. One weakness however is that Pipedrive doesn't yet have great reporting related to products (such as show me all Persons interested in this Product); you will need a Deal to organize it.

I will confer with some colleagues, and will comment further later this week. Let me know if you have any particular questions, and I will be happy to help.

Joseph Valenti

BrokrBindr.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #4
    Options

Good afternoon @David Kinnard . Mike suggested I contact you because I publish a SaaS application for mortgage brokers. There is not however, in my experience, a "best practices" method of handling this in any general-purpose CRM. My answer may be "long" but it is also (regrettably) quite weak.

Most people that use CRMs have a "widget" they want to sell. In my case it is a software subscription. For my broker-customers, the product is a mortgage which gets shopped to various lenders. There is however typically a generic product (a subscription or a mortgage), and we manage Deals to organize tasks leading up to the sale of the generic product to some prospects in the funnel. 

In your case, you have a non-generic Product (a listing/residence). If you read articles like this one from Pipedrive, the focus is on the "win" of getting the listing, but these articles often don't go into detail about now finding a buyer for that listing. 

In my experience, there isn't a standard way of doing this with Pipedrive (or any general-purpose CRM). My suggestion would be that you create a Product for each listing. Content elements (text, photo, etc) can be attributed to that unique Product. You still need a Deal, though, to manage all the activities and email (inbound and outbound). There is no "key contact person" on the Deal, and you will have dozens of Persons interested in that one Product/Deal.

It will work to see everything in one place (the Deal for that Product), and you can quite easily send updates to all the parties interested in a particular property. One weakness however is that Pipedrive doesn't yet have great reporting related to products (such as show me all Persons interested in this Product); you will need a Deal to organize it.

I will confer with some colleagues, and will comment further later this week. Let me know if you have any particular questions, and I will be happy to help.

Joseph Valenti

BrokrBindr.

Thanks for the contributions @Joseph Valenti I'll also pass on that feedback on reporting to our team here ;) 

• Chrissy Smith
    Chrissy Smith Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2020 #5
    Options

David,

I am also a commercial agent. I have just been looking over the emails tagged to the deal and manually been writing an email to my clients letting them know how the activity is going.  I know other commercial RE CRM's have a portal where the client can log in, see the activity you allow them to see. Maybe add the client as a User and set permissions for them to only access their Deals? Let me know what you come up with...

• Justin Sterling
    Justin Sterling Member Posts: 8
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #6
    Options

I'm a commercial agent.  I create a "deal" for each new listing and have a seperate pipeline just for listing's called "New Landlord/Seller" and it is "won" when the agreement is executed.  These all have a value of $0 so as not to double count your projected cash flows.   I also create "product" for for each listing which looks like this in the list view...    

When, I click on a product in the list view of the products it expands to looks like this (Below)  .... 

(above)...Notice the deal tab from inside the product  ...all your deals with the product are grouped.  Which means you can also generate a report like this from the Deal View (BELOW) ..... which you can then customize and export to an XLS file. 

If you want to schedule conference call and talk about each others best practices in CRE for Pipedrive, I'd be up for that at your convenience.   Good luck! 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited September 2020 #7
    Options

@David Kinnard just tagging you here, so you see the valuable comments above. Thanks @Justin Sterling and @Chrissy Smith for chiming in 🙏🏻