AUTO-MERGE OPTION FOR DUPLICATE DEALS/PEOPLE/ORG FIELDS

Coco
Coco Member Posts: 3
First Comment

For example we pipe people from our website into PD bases on a questionnaure. If they decide to resubmit their info another time, PD creates a duplicate deal/person/org. I would love to have the options to merge deals if the email is the same.

This becomes a problem because I think use zapier to pipe into Klaviyo for email marketing purposes and then am stuck with the problem of duplicate leads getting added to the same sequences.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Burbank Plastic Surgery
    Burbank Plastic Surgery Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2022 #2

Or have a duplicate filter like Salesforce does where you can block duplicates from creating a lead in the first place and maybe just send it as an email notification. 

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited July 2020 #3

If it catches any duplicates, you can easily merge them through the duplicate page 

Its not able to do what Salesforce does with blocking duplicates [right now] 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2021 #4

Hi @Coco !

You can use Merge Duplicates to spot and merge People and Organizations. 

By default, Deals are never considered as duplicates (see here: How does the Merge Duplicates feature identify duplicates in Pipedrive? ) but if you'd like to change the duplicate detection rules in your account please have an Admin user reach out to our Support team and they will help you with that; make sure to know ahead of time what is the new duplicate detection rule you'd like to be implemented. 🙂

• Coco
    Coco Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

I have used the merge duplicates feature, but it's still manual, is there any workaround to get this down automatically?

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #6
    Coco said:

I have used the merge duplicates feature, but it's still manual, is there any workaround to get this down automatically?

Hi @Coco !

I'm afraid there's not an automatic option, as for security reasons and to avoid accidents the merging has to be manually confirmed. I'll send your suggestion over to our team for consideration in the future!

• Ashley Watson_993
    Ashley Watson_993 Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #7

I'm also interested in this automation!

Alternatively, has anyone built an automation (in Pipedrive or Zapier) to reopen lost leads?

• Inês Batata
    edited August 2020 #8

I'm also interested in this automation!

Alternatively, has anyone built an automation (in Pipedrive or Zapier) to reopen lost leads?

Hi @Ashley Watson !

You can achieve that using Pipedrive's automations - I would recommend using a "Deal updated" trigger and an "Update deal fields" action. 

Learn more about automations from our Knowledge Base tutorials, our Academy videos and reach out to our Support team if you feel you need more help.