Merging Products

Mats Raitanen
Mats Raitanen Member Posts: 1
5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Hi there. I think it would be great if it were possible to merge products. It is possible to merge deals, contacts, organizations etc. but not products. Please let me know if this can be made possible.

Thanks

Tagged:
5 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited May 2022 #2

Hi @Mats Raitanen 

It's currently not in the plans. But I'll make the team aware so they can review this for any future updates. Thanks for sharing. 

• Lena Schreiber
    Lena Schreiber Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi,

I have a similar observation and would really need to merge a bunch of products. Alternatively this could be solved by bulk editing the product  attached to a deal, which isn't possible either. Any news on this @Mike van der Valk ?

Thanks

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2021 #4

Hi,

I have a similar observation and would really need to merge a bunch of products. Alternatively this could be solved by bulk editing the product  attached to a deal, which isn't possible either. Any news on this @Mike van der Valk ?

Thanks

Hi @Lena Schreiber unfortunately no news yet. I'll do my best to nudge the right people internally about this again and mention your suggestions :) 

• Robert Carroll
    Robert Carroll Member Posts: 9
    edited July 2021 #5

Hi,

I see that this was just answered a month ago. I too would like to be able to merge products. 

Thanks

• Susan_49347
    Susan_49347 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2021 #6

I would also love to merge products, or delete some! Somehow I have a bunch of duplicates.

• Zac Jackson
    Zac Jackson Member Posts: 4
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited March 2022 #7

at scale this is super inconvenient. The ability to merge products would be HUGE. Any word if this is possible? Or does anyone have a work around for merging products?

• Marcus Belke
    Marcus Belke Member Posts: 16
    5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2022 #8

Hi @Mats Raitanen 

It's currently not in the plans. But I'll make the team aware so they can review this for any future updates. Thanks for sharing. 

Any update here, would really help.

• Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco
    Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco Pipedrive Team Posts: 65 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

Hi @Marcus Belke @Zac Jackson @Susan_49347 @Robert Carroll @Lena Schreiber @Mats Raitanen  ,

As @Mike van der Valk pointed out, merging products is not available currently.

In 2023 we are focusing in improving significantly the Products feature.

Feel free to suggest other improvements you would like in the Products Catalog such as merging products for us to take in consideration during research phase. Many thanks.

• Marcus Belke
    Marcus Belke Member Posts: 16
    5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary

It would be great to be able to have a forecast based on products. Right now this is only possible based on deals. We would like to see the forecast filtered by product or product group.

• Kelli Groh
    Kelli Groh Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hello! I also need to merge 2 products. Putting it out there that this would be a great add. Thanks!

• Dion Gavriilidis
    Dion Gavriilidis Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2023 #12

Hi! Coming across this thread as I also would appreciate the merge products function. My team has been making many duplicate products, trying to clean it up now. Meaning now its hard to use the data and get clean feedback about how many leads we gather per product. Would be really helpful.

• Joshua Rude
    Joshua Rude Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

Along with the ability to merge products, it would also be helpful to allow products to be attached to a deal during an import from a spreadsheet vs. having to use the API. 

We mass upload run-rate deals, and sales must manually attach products after upload.

• Joep Cuppens
    Joep Cuppens Member Posts: 14
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hi,

Same here, it would be of great use to merge products.

Any plans to implement this?

Best Regards,

• hey

This seems to be an old thread but i was hoping to see any updates on merging products. At this point I figure its important enough that it should be taken care of since it can be a real hinderance for managing and organizing product details.

thanks

• Joep Cuppens
    Joep Cuppens Member Posts: 14
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

@Mike van der Valk Hope all is well, any news on this request?

• Mike van der Valk

Hi @Joep Cuppens and others. Unfortunately no new update. At the moment it has not been prioritised. I'll connect with the team to see if they can consider this to focus on.

• Amanda Witz
    Amanda Witz Member Posts: 10
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper

@Mike van der Valk I also need this feature. Team members making very similar product names. What happens if I don't merge it & instead delete some of them? Does it mess up old data/metrics?

• Mike van der Valk

Hi @Amanda Witz

There's a team currently looking at planning product updates, I'll pass this on to them :) deleting can indeed mess up old deals or reports where the product was used.

• Over9k
    Over9k Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

It's the same for me, I believe it would be a fantastic feature. When I was new to PD. I created many duplicates of the same product. It would be fantastic to merge them, and have the new, merged product be applied retroactively to all the deals.

At the moment, If we delete these duplicate products, the information about which product was sold it lost in the deal!

• Andrey Henke
    Andrey Henke Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic

Hi! That is what is going on with my team too!

Merge products and not loose data... This is my wishes to this year X-mas!

• Andrey Henke

hi, @Mike van der Valk !

Please, if possible, talk to dev. team again regarding merging products.

Merge people, companies, deals is such a great tool. It helps a lot. You do not loose track.

The way things are today with products, it is TOO easy for teams to create products with the exact. same name.

After creating VARIATIONS for products, I can reduce the number of items almost to 1/4 of total today.

I do not do that because I will loose a lot of data. I need to merge and keep data.

Looking forward some good news on your side!

have a great X-mas and prosper new year!

• BlackrazorNZ
    BlackrazorNZ Member Posts: 13
    5 Likes Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment

Add me to the 'Vote For' list - this along with making inactive products invisible when adding products to a deal are sorely necessary - what is the point of making a Product inactive if it's still available for use on every search?

• E. Castillo
    E. Castillo Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Indeed, merging products would be a great function. Please, talk to the dev. team and let them know people have been asking for this function for almost 3 years now!

• Andrey Henke

Hi Pedro,

We are in 2024 and this is a theme that looks forgotten by PD.

2023 would be the year to enhance products, as you said.

No news on merging products?

Looking forward to some positive reply from your side.

Regards,

Andrey Henke

• Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco
    Pedro Manuel Gonçalves Franco Pipedrive Team Posts: 65 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

Hi @Andrey Henke ,

We are exploring the possibility of prioritizing products' merge and duplication in the context of creating and managing your product catalog better in 2024.

However, I don't have a date to give when we doing it as we are focused on finishing subscription-based products 🙏

Thanks for posting.