Product discount option has been removed

Felix_6310
Felix_6310 Posts: 2

I just noticed that the discount option from the Add New Deal window is no longer available. This was really useful for us. Now we have to first create the deal, then open it and insert the discount. It's an extra step in the process :(

I hope this can be changed as it was before.

thanks

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited July 2020 #2

Hi @Felix I just checked and you're right! Passing along your feedback for our team.

• Neil McCallum
    Neil McCallum Posts: 2
    edited February 24 #3

I contacted support about this about a week ago and was advised to come here to give feedback. Seems really strange to remove it. Now once I create a deal, I have to then go into that deal to apply the discount to the product from there. Not very streamlined, and also adds a risk of a discount not being recorded, by accident.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited August 2020 #4

I contacted support about this about a week ago and was advised to come here to give feedback. Seems really strange to remove it. Now once I create a deal, I have to then go into that deal to apply the discount to the product from there. Not very streamlined, and also adds a risk of a discount not being recorded, by accident.

I agree @Neil McCallum it looks like we might have overlooked something in our latest updates. My apologies. I've notified the designer and they promised to take a look at this, of course our goal is to make the flow for our users as smooth which it is not now.

• Paul Gauntley
    Paul Gauntley Posts: 2
    edited February 25 #5

Hi there. Has there been any movement with this. My Sales team is complaining that the %Discount Feature has gone. Can we get it back ??

• Neil McCallum
    Neil McCallum Posts: 2
    edited March 2021 #6

Hi there. Has there been any movement with this. My Sales team is complaining that the %Discount Feature has gone. Can we get it back ??

Yeah, I'd be keen to see this back ASAP. Really annoying having to go back into the deal after it's been created to then apply the discount, especially as it was previously doable then removed.

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Admin Posts: 3,155 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer
    edited March 2021 #7

Hi @Felix @Neil McCallum @Paul Gauntley thank you for your interest and input, we understand your frustration. 

I'm personally checking with the team and will get back to you as soon as I hear back. Thank you for your understanding!

In the meantime this is where we make all product update announcements, make sure to follow them:

• Follow What's Planned to know what we're currently working on and what’s to come.
    • Follow What’s New and don’t miss any new release announcements.
    • Join our Research and Beta Testing channel for the chance to try out early versions and give us your opinion about new and improved features before they go live.

• Paul Gauntley
    Paul Gauntley Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #8

Hi there, is there any news on this. Are you making any progress ? Please advise.