Is anyone else trying to duplicate piplines or elements of piplines for more than one product ?

Is anyone else trying to duplicate piplines or elements of piplines for more than one product ?

I have several products, 4 of which have similar early stages, I am trying to find a way to simplify the sales pipline process by duplicating the piplines on each product. By breaking the process down to its individual elements, I'll be able to analyse the sales process and figure out where specifically I need to strengthen my methods to increase sales.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,387 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited February 24 #2

Hi @Gary Philips ,

We actually always recommend users do do as much as possible in the same Pipeline and to work with different custom fields & filters to "tag" and differentiate deals. 

Have you explored this option. When your Pipeline is basically the same process this would help you better with reporting and keeping track. So instead of switching Pipelines you switch filters basically.

• Gary Philips
    Gary Philips Posts: 2
    edited March 2020 #3

Hi @Gary Philips ,

We actually always recommend users do do as much as possible in the same Pipeline and to work with different custom fields & filters to "tag" and differentiate deals. 

Have you explored this option. When your Pipeline is basically the same process this would help you better with reporting and keeping track. So instead of switching Pipelines you switch filters basically.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I initially agreed with your point of view, to have one all encompassing, comprehensive pipline, but then my mind thought of all of the alternative deals which could be sought/broached with the same or different clients, which would in effect create a pipline that was so long it would become unmanageable, having to include endless variables, which would have to be taken into account at numerous stages.

I have now created a number of Pipeline branches/levels, starting with level one, and continuing to level 11, with each level having linked pipelines to alternative levels which feed or lead on from the previous level. This seems to not only resolve the problem, but also serves to highlight further potential deals.

By breaking down the journey of a sale into its constituent parts, you can identify where other potential deals can be sought as offshoots.

Gary

JISUK

Jobsinsecurityuk.com

0203 488 4994

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,387 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited March 2020 #4

Hi @Gary Philips ,

@Kirill Grebtsov sharing some Pipeline feedback. Perhaps you have more questions :)