Trouble when entering a phone number

Options
Tomas Eroles Forner
Tomas Eroles Forner Member Posts: 11
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hello all.

I'm deploying a pipedrive for a client and there's one thing I don't understand, let's see if I can explain myself and you can help me.

When creating a new Firm (Empresa in spanish) I need to include, in the first form, the phone number of the linked person, not the phone of the firm, and all phones must be linked always to the person.

We are doing some tests with my client, I can't access her Google Contacts, and she says that if she enters a new firm and puts the phone, it's not updated on Google Contacts.

I'm trying to modify the left panel of the Firm view, but I can't enter a field for the person's form.

Is it like this, that is, to enter the phone number linked to the person, does I have to go always to the person view, os there's a way to enter the phone number for a person on the firm's view?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Tomas Eroles Forner perhaps if possible without giving away sensitive information could you try to record this and share your recording to clarify things?

• Tomas Eroles Forner
    edited March 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Tomas Eroles Forner perhaps if possible without giving away sensitive information could you try to record this and share your recording to clarify things?

Of course.

This is a part of the screen we see when entering a new Firm (Organisation?). The last two fields are two phone numbers that I've added to the personalized fields for the firm.

What we want is that, when creating a new firm, those numbers are recorded as phone numbers linked to the person, not to the firm, because my client works with Google Contacts and when she receives a call she wants to know who's calling, so, those numbers must be linked to the person.

Is it possible?

Thanks in advance

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2020 #4
    Options

Thanks, I can see that you've created custom fields under the organization itself. In this case you'd need to fill in the phone number field on the contact person itself. 

So I'd recommend going to the contact person list and adding a person. Then fill in all the details of the person, also the organization field. After that head over to that organization you just created and fill in the other details. Now you have it all filled in. 

• Tomas Eroles Forner
    edited March 2020 #5
    Options

Thanks Mike, that's it.

• Tomas Eroles Forner
    edited March 2020 #6
    Options

Now, I have another question.

When we did the import from a spreadsheet, we imported mainly Companies, and now we need to transport those telephone numbers to the persons.

Can we make this change without re importing all data?

Thanks in advance

• Mike van der Valk
    edited February 2022 #7
    Options

@Tomas Eroles Forner this article can help you understand how to do bulk updates with exporting/importing, let me know if it makes sense.

• Tomas Eroles Forner
    edited March 2020 #8
    Options

@Tomas Eroles Forner this article can help you understand how to do bulk updates with exporting/importing, let me know if it makes sense.

Thanks again.

It may work, but it would be useful if the update could be done in pipedrive itself.

I've tried to make an automation process but it does not works, or I don't know how to make it.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2020 #9
    Options

@Tomas Eroles Forner this thread is about something different but also discussing bulk update: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/5e78de19991c7d445302a5a5

Perhaps @Amit Sarda can help you out if you get stuck ;) 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2020 #10
    Options

@Tomas Eroles Forner this thread is about something different but also discussing bulk update: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/5e78de19991c7d445302a5a5

Perhaps @Amit Sarda can help you out if you get stuck ;) 

• Tomas Eroles Forner
    edited March 2020 #11
    Options

Thanks again.

I think it's solved, one more time, I believe that's a mistake on communications between humans :-)