Live Chat Best Practices & Deployment

Options
Mark Gatty Saunt
Mark Gatty Saunt Member Posts: 7
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

This is one for anyone with knowledge and know-how of Pipedrive’s Chatbot and Live Chat features.

We’ve very recently subscribed to the LeadBooster add-on, created and Playbook and deployed the Chatbot on our DISCO website.

We are also keen to utilise Pipedrive’s ‘Live Chat’ feature, to give real-time help to people on our website. 

We understand that you can add a new Live Chat card within the Playbook Editor, to take over any conversation from your chatbot and reply yourself or assign to coworkers.

My question is about where is the best place to add the Live Chat card amongst the various message, question or capture cards.

How does it work? How do you jump into a Chatbot conversation and take over?

And if the Live Chat feature is offered at some point within the automated questions and answers, and nobody is available for live chat, will the  Chatbot continue assisting the website visitor through the journey to the closing message?

Thank you very much in advance to anyone who can assist me.

Comments

• Brian Quade
    Brian Quade Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #2
    Options

@Mark Gatty Saunt we're using the chatbot as well and have started to test out the live chat option available.  (shout out to Pipedrive for developing this - was differentiator for us switching from other solution).

You can set the live chat option up so that if nobody on the team is availabe, and/or if nobody picks up the live chat opportunity within either 1, 2, 3 etc... minutes the bot will take over the conversation again.  You can then collect additional information and create a qualified lead (automate creation of a deal, OR - another nice update - a Lead), assign it to a specific sales person, send that person an email, even use the pipedrive meeting scheduler option to walk them through scheduling a quick meeting with a team member.  

• Mark Gatty Saunt
    edited July 2020 #3
    Options

@Mark Gatty Saunt we're using the chatbot as well and have started to test out the live chat option available.  (shout out to Pipedrive for developing this - was differentiator for us switching from other solution).

You can set the live chat option up so that if nobody on the team is availabe, and/or if nobody picks up the live chat opportunity within either 1, 2, 3 etc... minutes the bot will take over the conversation again.  You can then collect additional information and create a qualified lead (automate creation of a deal, OR - another nice update - a Lead), assign it to a specific sales person, send that person an email, even use the pipedrive meeting scheduler option to walk them through scheduling a quick meeting with a team member.  

Hello Brian, thank you ever so much for your super helpful response.

I’m attaching a screen grab of just one string of the message, question and  capture cards within our Playbook. 

So where would you drop the the Live Chat card into the mix?

And what sort of message would you use? The predefined “Wait a moment, please. You’ll be connected with our sales team soon.” doesn’t seem relevant to dropping this Live Chat card midway into the chatbot cards we have deployed.

And before I forget, I’m with you on giving Pipedrive a virtual standing ovation for their efforts and products. Our business would be lost without them!

• Brian Quade
    Brian Quade Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #4
    Options

without seeing what lead up to trying to collect the information, one question we ask ourselves is how quickly is it beneficial to get a live person chatting ?... AND what information is helpful to make sure the right team member picks the chat up?

It seems like the playbook you've developed has already gotten the visitor to a certain point where you're attempting to collect personal information at least.  My thoughts as a user are that this is a GREAT time to try to get one of our live agents to chat with the visitor and they can collect that information just as easily.  We also know that the visitor is not going to sit and wait for a long time for the chat to continue, so we set our timing to the lowest value (1 minute) and have all team members keep "I'm online" toggle on in their browsers and/or mobile app with notifications turned on.  

This way - any team member can pick up the chat at any time and then pass it along to whoever might be best suited if needed.  If no team members can pick up the chat in 1 minute (or if nobody is online), then we want the bot to try to collect additional information (email at minimum) and we then also utilize the scheduler option to allow them to book a quick 15 minute meeting with a team member.

We try to use more casual language in our messages like:

Nice! You're now being connected live with our team members. Give me just a minute to connect you please.

and the offline message reads like this:

Bummer! Our team of experts are currently helping other customers. Let's book a meeting!

The key to the initial messaging on the live chat connection is to respond appropriately to what the visitor would have just provided you.  In this case, I'd either

• insert the live chat piece right after your top Message, so you can communicate what you're wanting there in response to the previous question in your playbook ... OR
    • Replace the Message with the live chat and say something like: "That's great to hear. You've come to the right place! Let me try to connect you live with one of our experts. Give me just a minute please."

The advantage to option 1 above is that it simulates a live conversation a little better.  The advantage to option 2 above is that it's just a little bit quicker.

My 2 cents.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited August 2020 #5
    Options

I loved reading this @Mark Gatty Saunt and @Brian Quade this is exactly what the community is for! Sharing knowledge and helping out fellow sales people!

Also, thank you for the virtual shoutout/standing ovation, I'll be sure to share those with the team and keep that discussion going 🚀🙌🏻

• Mark Gatty Saunt
    edited August 2020 #6
    Options

Sorry it has taken me a while to respond to the above. This has been extremely helpful Brian and we’ve adopted pretty much everything you have recommended.