How to get Customer lifetime value (CLV)?

Nirmal Gyanwali
Nirmal Gyanwali Member Posts: 26
First Comment

Hi guys,

Is there any easy way to get the customer lifetime value on PipeDrive?

I want to see how much each client is paying per year.

I know PipeDrive has subscription revenue now but that's for recurring projects. We mostly do one-off projects and I wanted to calculate what's the average clients are paying every year.

Thank you!

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited July 2020 #2

Hi @Nirmal  G. 

Currently the only way to do this would be to create a filter in for example the deal list view where you filter out all WON deals where ORGANIZATION name is .... name of your org. Also add the WON TIME filter options there for this year for example.

Then on the top of the list you'd see the total value and you could also export the data if you'd wish. Not ideal but it works. 

Nonetheless, I'll pass on your suggestion for future reporting updates!

• Nirmal Gyanwali
    Nirmal Gyanwali Member Posts: 26
    First Comment
    edited August 2020 #3

Thanks @Mike van der Valk . That's a very long way but I know it works.

• Nick Tikhomirov
    Nick Tikhomirov Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #4

Hey @Mike van der Valk ,

There's a deal summary card on the organization record. It has the total amount of all won deals linked to the org. Is there a way to display this value on the Organization report by chance? Just to have multiple organization records showing LTVs on a single screen.

Thanks.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2021 #5

Hey @Mike van der Valk ,

There's a deal summary card on the organization record. It has the total amount of all won deals linked to the org. Is there a way to display this value on the Organization report by chance? Just to have multiple organization records showing LTVs on a single screen.

Thanks.

Not right now but great idea @Nick Tikhomirov sharing that with the team!

• Nick Tikhomirov
    Nick Tikhomirov Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2020 #6

Thanks, Mike

Hopefully soon

• Tuomas Lipponen
    Tuomas Lipponen Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2021 #7

Hey @Mike van der Valk ,

Thanks.

Any thoughts when this feature could be in use?

• Troy Björkman
    Troy Björkman Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #8

I work at charity and would also like to be able to see CLV for each contact (donor), as most of our deals (donations) come from single individuals. Thank you in advance for addressing/following up on this! 

• Paul Minors
    Paul Minors Member Posts: 88
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited September 2021 #9

Hey @Mike van der Valk ,

Thanks.

I also requested this a while ago: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/exporting-customer-lifetime-value-5f35bdf01ba22c1db9ca8ed2 It seems Pipedrive tracks the data but you can't display it as a field in the filter view.

• Francisco Gil
    Francisco Gil Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

This request should be in the top priority of the dev team!

Not being able to have a Dashboard with the total revenue by customer is not acceptable on any CRM.

The solution cannot be extracting to excel..

• Adina Faiman
    Adina Faiman Member Posts: 19
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Hi @Mike van der Valk ! Do you have any updates on this feature? In November 2022 still relevant and needed.

• Mike van der Valk

Hi @Adina Faiman and everyone else. Since we're planning for next year, I don't know what their priority is at the moment but I've asked our Product manager on the Reporting/Insights feature to take a look at this request.

• svamann
    svamann Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes

We’d welcome this feature, too!

• Hi @Adina Faiman @Sven Amann_76110!

Thank you for your sharing your feedback with us 🙏

As Mike said, we are in the road-mapping process now, and I will be happy to share more details at the beginning of 2023 once we are done with planning.

Still, I can share that cross-entity reports (like "Contacts --> Deals --> Revenue") are the top priority for us in 2023. And the reason behind it is the loads of requests we have for this functionality from our dear customers 😊 That's why we are addressing now a couple of technical challenges, so we are able to offer you the LTV reports in 2023.

I will keep you posted on this topic)

• GGT Solutions
    GGT Solutions Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Thanks so much. Looking forward to hearing from you soon

• Clemens
    Clemens Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

@Anton Rutkovskyi_53543 @Mike van der Valk

Hey guys, I've been a PD user since 2015 and believe the total revenue feature being nonexistent is an absolute no-go for a Sales CRM with a billion-dollar valuation. A company field showing an already existing value of the total sum of all deals or a selected amount based on the date range should not take 3 1/2 years to implement.

What's the timeline status of this feature?

• Mike van der Valk

Hi @Clemens

You can find the total revenue per customer via the Insights reporting. You can for example set up a deal performance report and filter for won deals only for a specific customer. I hope it helps ;)

• Clemens
    Clemens Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment

Thanks @Mike van der Valk. I was already able to get a report for one customer but with 1000th of customers in the database that's clearly not what you want to spend your time with ;-)

What seems to be the problem with implementing this option over the past years? You take the total revenue of all deals from the company deal overview, add a field called "total revenue" in the "Contacts" tab to filter when looking at all companies, and sort by this field to get a top-to-bottom list of total revenue.

• Mike van der Valk

Hi @Clemens gotcha, thanks for clarifying what you were after. I've passed on this suggestion to our team and hope it's something we can prioritise down the line, thanks for sharing!