Need to Report by Product Category (and other custom fields)

For example, if Ford sells vehicles... They sell Trucks, Coupes, Sedans, Hybrids, etc.

Those would be considered product categories. We need to be able report on product categories. Versus sales on each individual product.

Reporting on each individual product is far too detailed and cumbersome

We have 100's of products. 

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Amit Sarda - Pipedrive Consultant - AmitSarda.xyz
    edited April 29 #2

One way to do this would be to add products at the category-level, and add specific products as variants.

Would love to see more options/workarounds from others.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited February 24 #3

Hi @Robert Gray ,

With the new insights reporting you can already report on custom fields.
    Regarding the product reporting, this is in the future plans. Thanks for sharing!

• Seda
    Seda Ex-Pipedrivers Posts: 126
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited February 24 #4

Thank you @Robert Gray  for sharing your feedback! 

As @Mike van der Valk said, custom reporting on Products are planned in the scope of new custom reporting feature -  Insights. Right now, it is already possible to create deal related  custom reports there (including the support of custom fields). I'd be more than happy to know your opinion on Insights and help you in case you have any questions.

• Robert Gray
    Robert Gray Posts: 4
    edited March 2020 #5

Hi @Robert Gray ,

With the new insights reporting you can already report on custom fields.
    Regarding the product reporting, this is in the future plans. Thanks for sharing!

Hi @Mike van der Valk

Yes. I have been working with the new insights reporting. While it is nice, it is very narrow in what custom fields are able to be reported on. 

It is missing most, if not all, "Product" related fields. We are hoping future plans are in the very near future. Thank you, Mike.

• Robert Gray
    edited July 2020 #6
    Seda said:

As @Mike van der Valk said, custom reporting on Products are planned in the scope of new custom reporting feature -  Insights. Right now, it is already possible to create deal related  custom reports there (including the support of custom fields). I'd be more than happy to know your opinion on Insights and help you in case you have any questions.

Hi @Seda

My pleasure. Insights is an excellent start on basic reporting. 

This is one of the major pieces Pipedrive needs to develop in order to support larger enterprise companies.

Many companies, mine included, need to be able to pull reports based on a number of fields. 

While Insights is a good start, it is very narrow in what custom fields are able to be reported on. It is missing most, if not all, "Product" related fields.  

I encourage Pipedrive to begin mapping the Product fields and custom fields expeditiously. 

As stated above, to Mike, we are hoping future plans are in the very near future. 

Thank you, Seda. 

• Seda
    Seda Ex-Pipedrivers Posts: 126
    Pipedrive Employee
    edited March 2020 #7
    Seda said:

We released with Deal default and custom fields as MVP version of Insights and now we are building other entities on the top of it, like Activities and Products.

As Products is an essential part of sales I totally understand your need and I'm glad to let you know that it's surely planned in our roadmap. Will be happy to include you in early beta testers group once we get there.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Posts: 4,389 PIPEDRIVE PRODUCT MANAGER
    2500 Comments Third Anniversary 25 Likes First Answer
    edited March 2020 #8
    Seda said:

Join this channel to stay up to date and be the first to know @Robert Gray 
    https://community.pipedrive.com/group/research

• Robert Gray
    edited March 2020 #9
    Seda said:

Joined. Thank you, @Mike van der Valk .

• Yuri Saito
    Yuri Saito Posts: 1
    edited March 2021 #10

Hi all, is there any update here?

• Ismo Kurri
    Ismo Kurri Posts: 1
    edited February 25 #11

Now sales report per product is available but as said earlier this is too detailed. When would be sales reporting by category be available?

• Steffen_28716
    Steffen_28716 Posts: 2
    edited March 2021 #12

Now sales report per product is available but as said earlier this is too detailed. When would be sales reporting by category be available?

Still new here and only found this now but posted the same question in a different channel earlier. Sorry for that.

Just very interested in reporting by product category as well :-)

Thanks for any update on this!

With kind regards!